ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ROA - Right of Abode for son born in India

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sanjay45
Newly Registered

ROA - Right of Abode for son born in India

Post by sanjay45 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:39 am

I am sending the Sworn Affidavit plus the declaration that my son has not applied for British Passport to India.
My wife will then apply for my son's Indian passport.
soon after we will apply for ROA.
1. Can anyone send me the link for ROA form?
2. Also from here what documents do I have to send

I just hope I dont have to send my Original passport.

Any reply will be highly appreciated. Though I may come back for help on any sections of the form later!!
Just want to say BIG BIG thank you to the Forum members. It is of huge help

thanks

Sanjay

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Re: ROA - Right of Abode for son born in India

Post by lynxukauq » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:50 am

Its all done online now. visa4uk (click)

See Supporting Documents
Required documents are also listed in the schedule under "The Immigration (Certificate of Entitlement to Right of Abode in the United Kingdom) Regulations 2006"

Original Naturalisation Certificate and copy of your British Passport will suffice.

sanjay45
Newly Registered

Post by sanjay45 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:00 pm

thanks lynxukauq

I will go through with it and come back for any help on the form.

Thanks
Sanjay

sanjay45
Newly Registered

Post by sanjay45 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:41 pm

Key questions I need help on the ROA form being filled by my wife in India for my 5 month old Son. Also, please ignore if certain questions are too obvious and I defy logical reasoning!!

Passport and Travel Information
1. Nationality - British (as suggested by the forum)
2. Do you currently hold, or have you ever held, any other nationality or nationalities? (yes or no)
3.Country of Residence (Your permanent Country of residence) - UK or India
4. Are you a national of the country in which you are applying?
5. Are you a national of the country in which you are making your visa application?
6. Are you travelling with anyone ( Do we give my 5 year old daughter's name too as she will be on the flight and my name as I will travel to India to bring them with me)
7. How long do you intend to stay in the UK? (What do I state here)
8. On what date do you intend to arrive in the UK (current return flight is for 16th April unless it needs to be extended)

Personal Details and Travel History
1. What is your permanent residential address and contact details? (India or UK)
2. Do you have any dependent children? Are any other children travelling with you? (Real silly but I believe all these questions are being asked from my son's side not the parent willing..so here the answer will be 'No')

Income and Expenditure (wherever it says 'your' then does it mean just the son or figure for everyone?

Do you have savings, properties or other income, for example from stocks and shares? No
How much do you spend each month on living costs?
How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants?
What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)?
The total amount of money you have for this trip
The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets
The cost of your accommodation
The cost of your living expenses
Is someone other than you paying for all or a part of your trip?
What is the total amount in GBP(£)?

Family and Friends in the UK

1. Please enter details of what you plan to do whilst in the UK (what do I write here? just that I will be staying with my parents!!)

How do you qualify for right of abode? - (My answer is 'Father or mother born, registered, naturalised or adopted in the UK before your birth, which occurred outside the UK on or after 01 Jan 1983)

Under 18
1.Who are you travelling to the UK with? Mother (do we also mention father as I may travel to bring them back)

Visa Confirmation Questions

Do you hold a British Passport or ID card stating you are a British Citizen or British Subject? - No'

Any HELP will be highly appreciated.

Sanjay

sanjay45
Newly Registered

Post by sanjay45 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:31 pm

Awaiting for answers on my questions on ROA in the post above.

Sanjay

praks_singh

Post by praks_singh » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:57 pm

sanjay45 wrote:I am sending the Sworn Affidavit plus the declaration that my son has not applied for British Passport to India.
My wife will then apply for my son's Indian passport.
soon after we will apply for ROA.

I just hope I dont have to send my Original passport.

Any reply will be highly appreciated. Though I may come back for help on any sections of the form later!!
Just want to say BIG BIG thank you to the Forum members. It is of huge help

thanks

Sanjay
Hi Sanjay,

I hope you were able to get your son's Indian passport in India. I am in similar boat and planning to apply for my child's Indian passport. He was born in India.

Can you please let me know the process of applying for child's indian passport in same circumstances (father is British Citizen and mother is India with ILR and mother & child are in India).

Please help.