ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RC Received, but Passport Missing

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

siroc
Australia

RC Received, but Passport Missing

Post by siroc » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:12 pm

Hi there,

I received my RC on a stand alone document at the start of this month. However, only my wife's EEA passport was sent back together with all documents.

--------

A little background:

back in December I requested my wife's EEA passport to be returned. I waited over a month for this (and needed to submit a 'documents requested but not returned' follow up form), however they ended up sending my non-EEA passport instead.

Given that the enclosed letter states "Please do not send your passport back to the UKBA unless requested to do so" - I contacted their call centre to ask if I may send it anyway, since it was because of the UKBA's error that I have my passport back and not my wife's. The operator conferred with his superior, who then said it was fine to send it back. When I called at a later date to check that it had been successfully added to my application (it was marked on their system as received), I was also quizzed by the operator as to why I had sent it back - suggesting that "I must have been mistaken" as a senior operator there would NEVER deem it acceptable to send a passport back under any circumstances... :roll: :roll:

--------

Anyway, when I received my RC without my passport, I contacted the call centre to see what they could do. The operator said he will contact my case worker directly to follow it up. Two weeks later: no passport & no response. I contacted them yet again today (speaking to another operator), to which I was told no response was ever received from my case worker and so now she would contact a SENIOR case worker. I asked if this was by telephone - she said no, they can only contact them by email. :roll:

My question: if I don't hear anything back over the next week, what other ways are available to me to chase this up? Is submitting a complaint a worthwhile exercise (I garner from reading on here that it rarely is...) ?

Thanks

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: RC Received, but Passport Missing

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:56 pm

While approaching the case worker or making complain, attach the recorded delivery receipt too which you use for sending passport.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

siroc
Australia

Post by siroc » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:04 pm

sheraz7 wrote:While approaching the case worker
Hi there,

The only information I received regarding my case worker was his name at the bottom of one of their letters. Otherwise, I don't have anything.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:30 am

If they have lost a passport you definitely should make a complaint! That's a big deal! They need to know about it.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a response from the case workers. I'd be looking at getting in a complaint ASAP while it still might be possible to find the passport...the longer you wait, the lower the chance of getting it back!

squa

Post by squa » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:11 pm

Since your RC has been issued and no sign of your passport, I would suggest you contact your embassy in London to check if they possibly do have it there. I am speaking from experience as my wife's passport was submitted to the Home Office some years ago for a visa extension but took forever to be returned.
I got a call from my friend who had been to our embassy and had seen my wife's name on a list of lost and found passports in the embassy's possession. We went and collected the passport and found it with new visa inserted, so it was obvious that someone at the Home Office had misplaced either the passport or contact details and then decided to send it to the embassy.