ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help: Company Name Change

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Simon.Po
Newly Registered

Please help: Company Name Change

Post by Simon.Po » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:49 am

Hi all,

I am employed under Tier 2 General scheme.

My company just changed its name and we now need to let HO know so that they could update my company's details in their database and also change its name in Tier 2 sponsors list.

Could you please advise how we can do that? To whom we need to contact?

The HO website doesn't provide any specific information on this.

We tried to complete applcation from http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... lications/ and send to to them, but they didn't accept it saying that we need to contact "relevant Tier 2 team".

Really confusing!

Could you please shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Simon

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Please help: Company Name Change

Post by manci » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:08 am

the sponsor has to notify changes in their organisation details through the SMS using the following process:

Licence summary >
request changes to licence details >
amend your organisation details >
organisation name

tier2_applicant

Post by tier2_applicant » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:14 am

Hi Manci,

Are the SMS details sent to the Sponsoring organisation as part of the approved VISA application or CoS certificate ?

Thanks,

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:51 am

once the employer has been granted a sponsor licence the details necessary for logging into the SMS are provided by UKBA

tier2_applicant

Post by tier2_applicant » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:53 am

Ok...thanks a lot for that info Manci. My case is similar to the original poster of this query. My application was logged by a solicitor agency who have now ceased to operate. I will need to check with my HR team if they did receive this info from the solicitors or UKBA 2 years back or not.

Simon.Po
Newly Registered

Post by Simon.Po » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:01 pm

Thanks a million! You helped me a lot!!

One more thing: will they also update company name in Tier 2 sponsors list or we need to send documents / do anything else apart from updating the details in SMS? Thanks a lot!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:49 pm

call the HO employer helpline to ask if anything else needs doing: 0300 123 4699

tier2_applicant

Post by tier2_applicant » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:19 pm

Thanks Manci

I guess it would be the same contact number to call and enquire in case my HR didnt receive anything from the UKBA/Solicitors ?

bhuvraj
Newly Registered
India

Post by bhuvraj » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:08 pm

Hi Manci,

I have a query.

Once the company notifies the change in the name of the company through SMS what happens to the tier 2 worker visa.

Does the tier 2 worker send technical change in employment form notifying the change or wait till the changes have been approved?

Regards
Bhuv

Simon.Po
Newly Registered

Post by Simon.Po » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:23 pm

Thanks a lot, Manci! You're a star! Really appreciate it!

Bhuv, I am not an expert, but I think your company doesn't need to send Technical Change request as my company did that and got a letter from UKBA saying that they need to contact "Tier 2 Team" instead, so my company changed it via SMS as Manci advised.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you don't need to do anything from your side as there is only 1 form for migrants to complete:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... stanc2.pdf

which is only for personal details and only for non-BRP migrants, so is not applicable in our case.

Hope this helps!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:26 am

bhuvraj wrote:
I am on Tier 2 (General) valid until 14/04/2016 and work as IT engineer
Before I explain you the situation I need to tell you about my company’s organisational structure. My Company existed of groups of companies providing same services and does trading in the same premises with the same owner.
At the outset when the company first made enquiry with UKBA for sponsorship they wanted to make separate application for each of the company but were persuaded by UKBA to simply apply through one company in the group and then they said there will be no issue for sponsored staff to work for all the companies within the group.
Company got license for one of the companies eg: ABC.
ABC sponsored me and my colleague but we were working for group of companies.
Current Situation
ABC with other 4 companies went into administration in January 2014 and the sale was done on 4th of February 2014. The new owners are operating from other location with different company name. Administrator’s made us redundant on the same day sale was done, but still has not received P45 as there is issue going on between ABC and Administrators so technically I still work for ABC.
One the companies (PQR) part of the group is still in existence and yesterday my boss changed the name of this company to ABC (London) Ltd. I persuaded my boss to call business support helpline to and sort things out as I don’t want to be on the wrong side of the law but the lady was unable to help and asked us to send an email to SCOC regarding the situation that has now been done.

Boss wants to retain me and nothing has changed in terms of
Premises
Do the Same Job
Be on the same contract
On the same salary
Working for the same brand.

I am totally confused and stressed as I not sure what will happen as after sending them the email they might curtail my leave.

Need your advice.
It is a complicated situation. IMHO ABC(London) Ltd has to apply for a sponsor licence within 28 days of the break-up and you can work for them while the application is being considered.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Look at section 13 in the T2 sponsor guidance and ask your boss to send the email to SCOC asap seeking clarifuication

bhuvraj
Newly Registered
India

Post by bhuvraj » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:48 pm

Hi Manci,

Thank you for your reply.

We requested a change in details yesterday via SMS.

They rejected this change and as you rightly said have asked us to apply for new license within 28 days if the new company wants to continue sponsoring the Migrants.

They also have noted that the company is in administration.

They have also suggested that a compliance team will have a look at the company that has gone into administration.

Will that affect me as I am not at fault.

Bhuv