ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 Form for Non-EU spouse of EU citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Amaretta
Newly Registered

EU1 Form for Non-EU spouse of EU citizen

Post by Amaretta » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:09 pm

Good day everyone.

I'm a non-EU spouse of EU citizen living in Ireland. I have just applied for an EU1 form,
I know they say it can take up to 6 months, but how long can it really take?
We are both professionals and we provided all the docs including additional support of the history of our relation.
Does someone know how long may we have to wait?

I also read here that it will be valid only for 6 months, is it true? Will I be able to find the job if employers will know I have residence only for 6 months?

Thank you!

gismanchester

Re: EU1 Form for Non-EU spouse of EU citizen

Post by gismanchester » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:59 pm

AOA

they have asked me so many documents as well, also they have not issued stamp 4 in my case, so will issue, once they have all docs.

or many of them.

let me know if you need any help.

thx

kam

Amaretta
Newly Registered

Post by Amaretta » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:05 am

gismanchester wrote:AOA

they have asked me so many documents as well, also they have not issued stamp 4 in my case, so will issue, once they have all docs.

or many of them.

let me know if you need any help.

thx

kam
Thank you.
Supposing everything is OK with the documents presented how long does it take?

I am also very concerned about work rights under the 6 months residence card

skmk143
Newly Registered

Post by skmk143 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:26 am

Hello Bro,
So here is the thing.Once you have provided all the documents requested by them e.g Utility Bills,PRTB,Pay slips etc.They will issue you with a 6 months temporary visa.You should then take that letter and go to GNIB along with your wife and proof of address etc so they will stamp your passport for 6 months with a stamp 4.
Working on stamp 4 for those 6 months is not an issue.You are allowed to work and you will see on the letter that it does not stat that there are work restrictions in place or any thing like that.
Next thing they will give a decision on whether to grant you a 5 year Stamp 4 EUFAM visa or not in 6 months.They normally do not come with a decision any sooner than that.Just before your 6 months visa expires they will notify you of the decision.So in other words it will actually take 6 months no matter what.
Hope this answers your question.
Good Luck

Amaretta
Newly Registered

Post by Amaretta » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:24 am

Thank you for your reply!

But I mean till the first decision for the short residence - how much time should i normally wait?
We have just applied for the first time and I am not in Ireland and can't be with my spouse now..

Thanks if you can help with advice