ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor visa, can she apply with maiden name

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

msjuv
Newly Registered

Family Visitor visa, can she apply with maiden name

Post by msjuv » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:59 am

Hi guys, hope someone can help me.

I'm a british citizen and want to sponsor my sister's visit.
She just realised that her international passport (we have two: international and national passports to use in my home country) is in her maiden surname, while everything else: the national passport, birth certificates of her children etc. are in her married name.

When she applies, she will show her kids' certificates and other docs like bills and bank statements in her Married name.

Now, does she need to change her international passport to her married name or can she apply with her maiden name in passport?
I wrote to VFS people in the country but they said they can't comment on this and it's up to each applicant.

Thank you for your time

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: Family Visitor visa, can she apply with maiden name

Post by MPH80 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:37 pm

She can apply in her maiden name - just make sure she includes the married name in the 'also known as' field and includes the marriage certificate in the application.

Also include a note in the additional information field to explain.

(I speak from experience having had a wife go through the entire UKBA process using her maiden name - including citizenship - all of which after she married me - her 'home country' passport is STILL in her maiden name).

msjuv
Newly Registered

Re: Family Visitor visa, can she apply with maiden name

Post by msjuv » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:23 pm

Thank you for your answer