ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:11 pm

March_LR14 wrote:
shafmar wrote:Also people sent after 20th oct13 have started to receive
HO is not disclosing the number of applications they have received in Oct,Nov and December 13. Those numbers would have given us the clear idea what is the drop in number of applications after the september/October rush.

I personally think processing time will be around 12 weeks in coming months.
I have just received email from national Statestics - they will be realeasing new figures for the last quarter of 2013 immigration on 28th February, soon its available i will let you know.

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:18 pm

only 4 Sep applicant waiting.. however i have PMed Ellealicia 2 days ago - still no response .. has not logged in since Dec (last visit and join date same - 11th Dec) and I doubt he may have ILR approved already. so in theory only 3 applicant o/s - hopefully by end of Feb you will hv ur good news too.

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:19 pm

Hardikjshah83 wrote:
March_LR14 wrote:
shafmar wrote:Also people sent after 20th oct13 have started to receive
HO is not disclosing the number of applications they have received in Oct,Nov and December 13. Those numbers would have given us the clear idea what is the drop in number of applications after the september/October rush.

I personally think processing time will be around 12 weeks in coming months.
I have just received email from national Statestics - they will be realeasing new figures for the last quarter of 2013 immigration on 28th February, soon its available i will let you know.
Thanks.

That will be great if u can share those statistics. Like i said before i believe in coming months processing time will improve.

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:22 pm

chokedup wrote:hi,
my story; 6 years student, 2 years PSW, 2 years EEA (family member)
docs submitted: 8/01/2014
ack letter received:13/01/2014
payment taken:15/01/2014

thats all for the time being, i have noticed in skydrive that mostly people receive biometric inv letter after few weeks, I wonder why have i not received it.

My friends story 8year student+2year psw, applied 3/01/2014, ack letter received:07/01/2014, payment taken:09/01/2014, bio letter:17/01/2014, bio submitted: 20/01/2014, waiting for rest!
hay buddy!... worth calling them up, i applied on 22nd and had not received bio letter for 3 weeks called them up, they can advise you if it has been sent - if it has already been sent a week ago, they can issue another one too.. its easy for Royal Mail to loose it on the transit - they only send 2nd class postage.

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:24 pm

masud0174 wrote:My tracking Number shows that parcel has been delivered to my Solicitor. Lets see whats Inside the pack !
good luck m8.. any news yet?

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:24 pm

masud0174 wrote:My tracking Number shows that parcel has been delivered to my Solicitor. Lets see whats Inside the pack !
good luck m8.. any news yet?

Abchardik
United Kingdom

Post by Abchardik » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:36 pm

Hello Gurus and Friends,
I am very much delighted to inform that I received my ILR Approval ( 10 years long residence ) , my documents and my BRP card today on 20/02/2014.

My application was made on 22/10/2013
Payment credit card on 23/10/2013
Ack letter 28/10/2013 ( dated 24/10/2013 )
Bio invite received on 26/11/2013
Bio enrolled on 27/11/2013
Doc +BRP recvd on 20/02/2014 ( approval dated 18/02/2014 and BRP date 18/02/2014 )

I would like to thank all the members have helped throughout being in this forum and will look fwd to spread this knowledge to others too.

Congrats to all who recvd earlier and today and Good Luck to all who are waiting..

Cheers..

Hardik

emran habib
Newly Registered

Post by emran habib » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:24 pm

Hello Gurus and Friends,
By the grace of Almighty Allah; I am so much excited to inform that, I received my ILR Approval letter arrived with my BRP card today on 20/02/2014.

Acknowledgement letter: on 23/10/2013
Payment made through postal order
Bio invite received on 28/11/2013
Bio enrolled on 03/12/2013
Doc +BRP recvd on 20/02/2014 ( approval dated 18/02/2014 and BRP date 18/02/2014 )

Before the completion of my 10 years; my visa was refused and I lodged an in time appeal. After that while I did finish my 10 years; I withdrew my appeal and made a fresh application on the basis of 10 years long residence. Majority of the people including the Immigration Barristers i.e (UK IMMIGRATION BARRISTERS, FIRST MIGRATION, MAYFAIR LONDON SOLICITORS, TAZ SOLICITORS, KALAM SOLICITORS, LONDON DANIEL COHEN, GHERSON IMMIGRATION, LONDON VINCENT BUFFONI SOLICITORS & manY more of them) told me that as this has not been mentioned in the policy guidance clearly; there could be about 90 percent possibility that my visa could be refused unless I vary the ground for my application. But I researched all day and night and as I had been taken my every decision since last 10 years; I withdrew my appeal while my 3d was pending. All I placed my trust in Allah and went for it... Allah is the greatest and at last he made me happy.

While making my application; I send my Life in the UK certificates
GP letter
My LLB and LLM Law Degree certificates (Graduated from London University)
My Bank letter as my proof of address
and Cover letter by explaining all the grounds (As I made my application; I realized that the cover letter is the most important part as I wrote whole 3 pages explaining all the grounds).

OH! I'm free from all the pain and sufferings now. And all the Immigration lawyers who said "a big No to me" was quite shocked to hear about my news. lol. Alhamdulillah...
Congrats to all my Brothers and Sisters who received earlier and I wish you all the best whoever are waiting... Allah made me happy.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:28 am

Hi mate

congratulation on your independent, my application still pending from OCt 2012, don't know how long further they will take, Please keep me in your and I will get soon independent too.
Best wishes for you.
regards
amjad

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:35 am

MashaAllah congrates brother..

:P

Can you please tell me.. brother which visa you applied.. that you got refused and then you finished your 10 years ?

Was it just regular ILR or any other Visa ?

Thanks

emran habib wrote:Hello Gurus and Friends,
By the grace of Almighty Allah; I am so much excited to inform that, I received my ILR Approval letter arrived with my BRP card today on 20/02/2014.

Before the completion of my 10 years; my visa was refused and I lodged an in time appeal. After that while I did finish my 10 years; I withdrew my appeal and made a fresh application on the basis of 10 years long residence. Majority of the people including the Immigration Barristers i.e (UK IMMIGRATION BARRISTERS, FIRST MIGRATION, MAYFAIR LONDON SOLICITORS, TAZ SOLICITORS, KALAM SOLICITORS, LONDON DANIEL COHEN, GHERSON IMMIGRATION, LONDON VINCENT BUFFONI SOLICITORS & manY more of them) told me that as this has not been mentioned in the policy guidance clearly; there could be about 90 percent possibility that my visa could be refused unless I vary the ground for my application. But I researched all day and night and as I had been taken my every decision since last 10 years; I withdrew my appeal while my 3d was pending. All I placed my trust in Allah and went for it... Allah is the greatest and at last he made me happy.

GP letter
and Cover letter by explaining all the grounds (As I made my application; I realized that the cover letter is the most important part as I wrote whole 3 pages explaining all the grounds).

OH! I'm free from all the pain and sufferings now. And all the Immigration lawyers who said "a big No to me" was quite shocked to hear about my news. lol. Alhamdulillah...
Congrats to all my Brothers and Sisters who received earlier and I wish you all the best whoever are waiting... Allah made me happy.

Jah_bless
Newly Registered

Post by Jah_bless » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:03 am

All o/s including esmi. But aakkoo is completed.[/quote]

What did you mean o/s including esm ?[/quote]

Hi Keepwaiting,

I'm not authorized to read private messages.
I'm so happy for those whose have received their ILR.
I'm still waiting
Application made on 25th September.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:34 am

@smir
Brother u back again
i was wondering where is smir post on imran habib ilr visa.

Here we go.

God bless u man

U r not missing any opportunity and information regarding your ilr.

Great man

Keep it up

Regards
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

raaz0800
United Kingdom

Post by raaz0800 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:49 am

GP letter

No doubt Allah is great brother.
Glad for you. Please pray for me I am in the same boat. I have just one glitch that is my last visa was refused and I was given right of appeal. Appeal was dismissed on11th November and I was given right of appeal in upper tribunal but I just waited ubtil appeal lodge time exhaust then sent my application with coveribg letter.
I have prayers for all who are waiting
Regard
Raaz

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:50 am

@ Emran Habib Brother
Congrats on your ilr
Just want to know which application u submitted before ilr which was refused???

How much time u spend on 3c and 3d????

On what stage u were in appeal (ftt, UT, or PTA to ftt or UT)???

One last question

Did u apply after completing full 10 years or 28 days early??????

Regards
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

raaz0800
United Kingdom

Post by raaz0800 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:51 am

nima wrote:
nima wrote:I have been a silent reader since last 5-8yrs. This is really helpful board and thank you so much for all your input

My Time line

Application sent : 22-10-2013
Biometric letter : 19-11-2013
Biometrics done : 22-11-2013
ILR letter dated - 15-02-2014
Letter received -18-02-2014
Waiting for the Biometrics card

Good luck everyone for waiting

Hi Razz0800

Apologies for the delay in replying

2 yrs working holiday maker
2 yrs student
2yrs post study
4 years Tier1
No gaps, very straight forward case
Thanks mate
Raaz

raaz0800
United Kingdom

Post by raaz0800 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:54 am

I have special congratulations for esmi
See your wait is over
Enjoy your freedom

Shogun75

Post by Shogun75 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:14 am

GP letter

Congratulations!!!!

Your case will inspire and clarify many of us on this forum about the "withdrawal of appeal and submitting fresh application whilst on Section 3C/3D satus". I went for the safe option which is to keep my appeals "ON" and to retain my right to work over the time the appeal takes to be decided by the Courts. I suppose, if my appeal wasn't due to be heard in less than 1 month (20/03/2014), I would have reconsidered my options. But, I'm gearing up again to the hearing at the 1st Tier Tribunal. I'm not sure what the UKBA will bring on the table this time around.

Cheers,

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:32 am

My case take longest time in September
Thanks mate .

raaz0800 wrote:I have special congratulations for esmi
See your wait is over
Enjoy your freedom
Last edited by esmsi on Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKP

Post by CKP » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:32 am

Abchardik wrote:Hello Gurus and Friends,
I am very much delighted to inform that I received my ILR Approval ( 10 years long residence ) , my documents and my BRP card today on 20/02/2014.

Payment credit card on 23/10/2013
Ack letter 28/10/2013 ( dated 24/10/2013 )
Bio invite received on 26/11/2013
Bio enrolled on 27/11/2013

I would like to thank all the members have helped throughout being in this forum and will look fwd to spread this knowledge to others too.

Congrats to all who recvd earlier and today and Good Luck to all who are waiting..

Cheers..

Hardik
Hi Hardik,

I am just wondering, what documnets did you send with your application ?

Thanks
Chetan

Abchardik
United Kingdom

Post by Abchardik » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:39 am

Hey CKP,
the documents are as follows
Life on uk test
All passports
Past one years bank statements
Employer letter
All the P60 till date
A letter explaining all the dates in and out from the country
All approval letters for visa ..

CKP

Post by CKP » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:23 am

Abchardik wrote:Hey CKP,
Life on uk test
All passports
Employer letter
All the P60 till date
Hi Hardik,

Thanks for your reply.

one more thind did you apply after 10 years stay or did you apply just whitin 28 days before 10 year stay.

Thanks

thamsinkumar

Post by thamsinkumar » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:34 am

Friend can you please guide me please

I need just 6 months to finish my 10 years legal stay. Can i apply straight ILR now and differ to 10 years when my application is still pending or should i go for discritionary leave and then vary when i finish my 10 years ?

What was your situation friend ? similar then me ?

GP letter

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:38 am

britbanker wrote:
Hardikjshah83 wrote:can someone advise me who is responsible for SKYDRIVE update on here. i have seen some new users not been added - some not been updated.
We are all responsible for updating skydrive Hardik, there is no one person responsible.

Skydrive can be edited by anyone, so please go into skydrive and make the relevant updates if you have the time :)

You can edit the file in the browser itself using the "edit in browser" option or open the file in excel on your desktop and then save it back to the cloud.

I am currently in the office and skydrive is blocked at work, I used to update details whenever they came through on the forum but I will not be checking the forum much from now on, so the responsibility will fall on those who are waiting.

Cheers Nik
thanks but i dont think anyone can update the skydrive - i have tried myself there is no option for me to udpate i click on any cell and try to add anytign it wont let me, i have noticed on the top of the spreadsheet there is an option to share where someone can invite people to edit.

i will need that invitation before i can update it. i have tried at home from my MAC and at work from Windows 7 PC.

pelase can someone get me write access to SKYDRIVE.

Biruni-Dono
Newly Registered

Post by Biruni-Dono » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:25 am

Abchardik wrote:Hey CKP,
Life on uk test
All passports
Employer letter
All the P60 till date
Hi All,
I did not provide an employer letter, bank statements, P60s, or a letter explaining exit/entry dates :( Does this mean my application may take longer or have issues as they will have to find all this out themselves? Should I send these documents now enclosing my reference number with it? Or will that delay things even further due to more processing?

Also, a couple of times during my 10 years, my visa expired while my renewal application was with the home office. I know that is fine as per clause 3c. But I did not provide any proof of that in my ILR application, and when you look at the expiry date of the previous visa and issue date of the new visa, it appears as if there has been a gap in my stay. Have others with a similar case provided any additional evidence to make sure they are acknowledged as under 3c? Or does the home office keep such records themselves and I don't need to send anything?

Thanks and JazakAllahukhair (May God reward you well)

gryphon

Re: 10 years long residence application

Post by gryphon » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:04 am

Hi All

Got somewhat of an update. I called HO yesterday morning to check if my case (set LR) has been allocated to a case worker. They said no, it hasn't. Called in the evening again just to check if there were any updates. They said a package has been sent out. They gave me a tracking number and said it would take 3 to 4 working days. The tracking number doesn't give anything on Royal Mail track and trace :(, to make things worse I called DX this morning to see if they have any package for me. They said no. Really panicking now, preparing for the worse.
Here are my details:
Application sent: 24/10/2013
Acknowledgement received: 07/11/2013
Biometric letter received: 09/12/2013
Biometric enrolled: 11/12/2013
I didn't have any gaps, total absence in 10 yrs 140 days.
Don't know the rest yet. All members please pray for me. Only Allah knows what's in that package.
Gryphon