ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

informing benefit organisations last on partner income

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

francis259
Newly Registered

informing benefit organisations last on partner income

Post by francis259 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:21 pm

Hello
i have been reading the post here, i have got some questions my partner (UK citizen) is claiming benefits i am subject to immigration control and cannot claim. i have been working full time (may 2013) but she has not informed the benefit organisation about my income until (feb 2014), i would like to know whats going to happen and if this would disqualify me from ILR.
she claims:income support, housing benefit, tax benefit, child tax credit (my name is on it but she is the claimer), carers allowance, child benefit (my name is on it but she is the claimer), disability & council tax benefit.
as at today when she informed the benefit organisation some of her benefits where put on hold and some where still granted.
please can you help me with some information
thank you

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: informing benefit organisations last on partner income

Post by Amber » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:45 pm

Overpayment recovery and/or prosecution. Did she get 'caught' or volunteer the information - you were working full time?

Please don't just post the same thing over and over again.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

francis259
Newly Registered

Post by francis259 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:46 pm

Hi Amber,
No she did not get caught. yes i work full time.
i was reading through this forum yesterday and got some information i did not know, when i got home i asked if she had informed that she said no so i told her we had to inform them asap.
so she called them and they have put so of her benefits on hold pending recalculation. i would like to find out the penalty for not informing the organisations on time (we are willing to pay back if she has been over paid)
thank you

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:30 am

Well at first instance you've been overpaid income support, housing benefit and council tax reduction. Child tax credits should also know you're working. I'm glad you informed them as if they'd have found out your partner would likely have been prosecuted, she still could be but unlikely. They don't usually impose a fine, but you'll have an overpayment (could be very large).
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

francis259
Newly Registered

Post by francis259 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:33 am

Amber
if all the benefit calculation is done with respect to my income when i would be applying for my ILR towards the end of this year i hope this would not be a problem.
how can i resolve this before i apply for my ILR later this year

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:32 pm

Ensure that the means tested DWP benefit(s) [if actually entitled to any] only pay a single person applicable amount but base the application as a couple.