ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Pakistan as a SPOUSE

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Exquisit33

ILR Pakistan as a SPOUSE

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:44 am

Hi there,

My husband is applying for his ILR this month I have a few questions that I need help with.. I would be grateful if I can have input from members on this forum. Many thanks in advnace :D

1) My husband is attaching his bank statements covering the two year period he has been here, one is his savings account and one is a joint account with myself where his salary comes in. I have put in my payslips however I have not added my bank statements to show my salary going in as the account my salary comes into is on a different address (I have brought a new property so addressed to there). My husband is earning about £1,000 every month after tax and deductions etc.. Is it important for me to put in my payslips and bank statements showing my wages etc? Please note I am British born.

2) Secondly, I the form asks when did we first meet, when relationship began etc..
When we applied for Spouse Settlement Visa when he came over we put on application that we met in 2008 (when he came here on a visit visa) and our relationship began in 2010 when I went to Pakistan to get married. However the visa was refused saying that it was not a geniune marriage etc and that it was not subsisting etc. Now when we appealed our arguement was that our families knew eachother before we got married (which is all true) and I managed to prove everything as I managed to dig out an old photograph dating back to 1998 where my husband and I were in the photographs which showed we were at a family gathering. So now on this form I am really confused as to what date to put in as I have heard they really catch people out and I really dont want to make any mistake here. Will they have the original dates we put on the form or the dates we put in our arguement for appeal?

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Allah is the greatest!

4uvak000

Re: ILR Pakistan as a SPOUSE

Post by 4uvak000 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:52 am

2. They have all information you ever submitted to them even if it was 10 years ago. I would go for the date you have put in appeal as you won the appeal. Explain everything in covering letter. There are people working in Home Office, not computers, so it worth to communicate to them and explain as much in details as you can. Put yourself in their place before you send your form - will they see the information you presented in the same way as you see it? Good luck

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:10 am

4uvak000 wrote:2. They have all information you ever submitted to them even if it was 10 years ago. I would go for the date you have put in appeal as you won the appeal. Explain everything in covering letter. There are people working in Home Office, not computers, so it worth to communicate to them and explain as much in details as you can. Put yourself in their place before you send your form - will they see the information you presented in the same way as you see it? Good luck

Thank you for your reply..
The thought of writing a covering letter makes me panick.. I really need help with writing this, can someone please help???
My appeal was written by someone I knew but who I no longer have contact with.. So I am panicking I need some sort of template :cry:
Allah is the greatest!

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:51 am

Do not panic. I know it easier to say than to follow the advise. At least try not to panic. Covering letter has been made a "big thing" by people who charge money for writing it so they make others think that only chosen can do it. In some cases it is true (if you apply for a good job etc), though in this case you are expected to have a decent level of business English. You do not need any special skills to write a covering letter to HO. I can understand your writing so they will do. Remember, they are people and they will understand plain English better than special Law phrases. Look at my writing - it is average, it is not my first language and spell-check helps a lot. I was writing to HO myself and to courts as well. Everybody was happy with my writing and they could understand everything. I never used any templates etc - they only kill your individuality. They read the same letters 100 times a day every day and it is boring, so why not make your letter standing out and look different? Write it as you would write it to someone you know well, obviously do not call them geesar or pal, stay withing accepted norms and believe me, you will be OK. I think a good covering letter can actually save the whole application - if there is some documentation missing etc. So spend some time and it will pay you off.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:12 am

4uvak000 wrote:Do not panic. I know it easier to say than to follow the advise. At least try not to panic. Covering letter has been made a "big thing" by people who charge money for writing it so they make others think that only chosen can do it. In some cases it is true (if you apply for a good job etc), though in this case you are expected to have a decent level of business English. You do not need any special skills to write a covering letter to HO. I can understand your writing so they will do. Remember, they are people and they will understand plain English better than special Law phrases. Look at my writing - it is average, it is not my first language and spell-check helps a lot. I was writing to HO myself and to courts as well. Everybody was happy with my writing and they could understand everything. I never used any templates etc - they only kill your individuality. They read the same letters 100 times a day every day and it is boring, so why not make your letter standing out and look different? Write it as you would write it to someone you know well, obviously do not call them geesar or pal, stay withing accepted norms and believe me, you will be OK. I think a good covering letter can actually save the whole application - if there is some documentation missing etc. So spend some time and it will pay you off.
Thanks for the reassurance.. I am a graduate :)
I'm just really frightened of getting dates all mixed up, hence messing up the whole application. Are you able to answer Question 1 please..?
Allah is the greatest!

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:20 pm

It has not enough information been given in your post. As I understand, your husband is on dependent visa now. So as to my understanding your financial documents are more important than his. What is required from him is to prove that he was living with you during the time of marriage. It is not required by law and can be defended in court, but for immigration issues it is important, that you show that you both were living at the same address. In your case, again it was not mentioned by you, but, if you own 2 properties, you can mention it in covering letter (:D), so it will make it clear for the case worker why the documents are on different addresses. I am not sure about the £ 18000/year income for you (as British Citizen if you are) - if it still applies or has been waived. You are graduate born in UK, forget about asking someone to write a cover letter for you. My foreign friend has a 14 years old daughter who writes all letters on his behalf to authorities (insurance letters etc). It is all about self confidence which comes with practice only. Just pay attention to details. It is better to write more than less.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:43 pm

If you don't submit your bank statements showing where your salary is being deposited it will flag up a query with the case worker.
You must provide them and offer a written explanation as you why you are using this address. Are you living there? If not, why do you have your bank statements sent to this address? These are the questions the case worker will ask. If you fail to submit the statements and they then ask for them to be provided, it will raise more suspicion that you and your husband are living separately.
Where are you registered on the Electoral Roll and Council Tax?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:16 pm

Casa wrote:If you don't submit your bank statements showing where your salary is being deposited it will flag up a query with the case worker.
You must provide them and offer a written explanation as you why you are using this address. Are you living there? If not, why do you have your bank statements sent to this address? These are the questions the case worker will ask. If you fail to submit the statements and they then ask for them to be provided, it will raise more suspicion that you and your husband are living separately.
Where are you registered on the Electoral Roll and Council Tax?

Hi Casa,
If my husband is working is it necessary for me to submit my wage slips at all? Bank statements where salary is coming in?

The only reason the account where my salary is coming is on a different address, is because I brought a property and took out a mortgage with that particular bank.. for that reason the bank replaced my previous address with the new one.

Everything else is addressed on the same address as my hubby's which is my parent's property.

Also I am receiving child benefit for my child and also the money coming in is again on my new property as its an account with that bank again..

Please help me get around this one!

Thanks
Allah is the greatest!

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:21 pm

PS is it 6 months bank statements or 3 months?

Isn't my husband's income sufficient to show? I have been on maternity pay for the past 9/10 months...
Allah is the greatest!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:33 pm

You're the sponsor so you need to submit evidence of your financial sponsorship. Provide an explanation before the case worker asks.
Are you declaring any income from the other property for tax purposes? Regarding the child benefit being paid into that account, bear in mind that all Government official record systems are linked and a simple check will show which account the CB is being paid into.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:47 pm

No I am not declaring any income from the other property. Please note it is in joint names with a relative so they deal with everything.
Allah is the greatest!

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:49 pm

Casa I forgot to mention we have a broad range of evidence to show we live at same address (apart from those bank statements as mentioned above)

APPLICANT- HUBBY
NHS MEDICAL CARD
DRIVING LICENCE
DRIVING INSURANCE DOCS JOINT NAMES
HUBBY LETTER FROM EMPLOYER
P60
JOINT BANK ACCOUNT
CHILD TAX CREDIT JOINT NAMES
HMRC PAYE CODING
CHILD BIRTH CERT

SPONSOR- ME
HOSPITAL LETTERS
P60
HMRC LETTERS/PAYE CODING
MOBILE PHONE BILL
INTERNET BILL
LETTERS FROM WORK
CHILD BENEFIT LETTER

Do you still think it can cause a problem with just one source with different address?
Allah is the greatest!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:13 pm

Not if you explain it before they ask.
(Casa, not CR001)

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:39 pm

Sorry forgot to mention that hubby applying using Set M.. Form and hubby is applying as a spouse of British Citizen.
Allah is the greatest!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:20 am

Yes, I'd taken that to be the case.
(Casa, not CR001)