ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

esmsi

Re: 10 years long residence application

Post by esmsi » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:42 am

Home office contact center has little information.

You can not track royal mail 2nd class until it is delivered.

gryphon wrote:Hi All

Got somewhat of an update. I called HO yesterday morning to check if my case (set LR) has been allocated to a case worker. They said no, it hasn't. Called in the evening again just to check if there were any updates. They said a package has been sent out. They gave me a tracking number and said it would take 3 to 4 working days. The tracking number doesn't give anything on Royal Mail track and trace :(, to make things worse I called DX this morning to see if they have any package for me. They said no. Really panicking now, preparing for the worse.
Here are my details:
Application sent: 24/10/2013
Acknowledgement received: 07/11/2013
Biometric letter received: 09/12/2013
Biometric enrolled: 11/12/2013
I didn't have any gaps, total absence in 10 yrs 140 days.
Don't know the rest yet. All members please pray for me. Only Allah knows what's in that package.
Last edited by esmsi on Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

dejan_zemun
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by dejan_zemun » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:42 am

theprideofpak wrote:
dejan_zemun wrote:######################PLEASE HELP - I URGENTLY NEED SOMEONE TO GIVE ME SOME ADVICE#####################

I am having trouble with 6 dates from 2005 to 2007 where I do not know the dates when I left the UK. In my country of origin there are no entry stamps for its own nationals so I have no way of finding out when I left the UK. No tickets retained either.

Is there a way to ask UKBA to give this information? When they gave all their data they have on me, there was no such information on exit dates. Is it worth calling them?

Cheers
you can give approximate dates and approximate time you were out of the UK. You should then mention it on your covering letter or separate notes that why are these figures an approximate. This is an honest thing and UKBA will appreciate it. But if you don't mention this you may get in trouble.
Your SAR report may not tell your exit and entry dates. It only tells you when you first arrived in the UK. I got mine and I ticked full record UKBA holds, they did not provide me with the exit and entry records. So I am sure they don't have it on your file until unless they enquire this information through airline data.
But I don't think it will be a big problem for you as long as you were not away over the maximum period and you being honest, so you'll be ok. Hope things will be good for you.
Thank you very much for your advice. I really appreciate it. The problem I am having is that pinning down those two dates will make it or break it in terms of the 540 days. Which is why I am really anxious about it. I do not want to provide incorrect information, yet at the same time I may be within my limit of 540 which would be all good. We are either talking about being just under 540 or approx. 560

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:58 am

I know, they won't tell you the decision. Just that a package has been sent out. This part of the wait is the killer one I guess. In retrospect, I now wish I didn't call DC or HO. I should have just carried on as I was getting on with my life quite well. :(
One can only learn.
esmsi wrote:Home office contact center has little information.

You can not track royal mail 2nd class until it is delivered.

Got somewhat of an update. I called HO yesterday morning to check if my case (set LR) has been allocated to a case worker. They said no, it hasn't. Called in the evening again just to check if there were any updates. They said a package has been sent out. They gave me a tracking number and said it would take 3 to 4 working days. The tracking number doesn't give anything on Royal Mail track and trace :(, to make things worse I called DX this morning to see if they have any package for me. They said no. Really panicking now, preparing for the worse.
Here are my details:
Don't know the rest yet. All members please pray for me. Only Allah knows what's in that package.
Gryphon

britbanker

Post by britbanker » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:01 pm

Biruni-Dono wrote:
Abchardik wrote:Hey CKP,
the documents are as follows
Life on uk test
All passports
Past one years bank statements
Employer letter
All the P60 till date
A letter explaining all the dates in and out from the country
All approval letters for visa ..
Hi All,
I did not provide an employer letter, bank statements, P60s, or a letter explaining exit/entry dates :( Does this mean my application may take longer or have issues as they will have to find all this out themselves? Should I send these documents now enclosing my reference number with it? Or will that delay things even further due to more processing?

Also, a couple of times during my 10 years, my visa expired while my renewal application was with the home office. I know that is fine as per clause 3c. But I did not provide any proof of that in my ILR application, and when you look at the expiry date of the previous visa and issue date of the new visa, it appears as if there has been a gap in my stay. Have others with a similar case provided any additional evidence to make sure they are acknowledged as under 3c? Or does the home office keep such records themselves and I don't need to send anything?

Thanks and JazakAllahukhair (May God reward you well)
Hi, Do not worry there is no need to send the additional documents. The requirements for the SET LR form are simply the Life in the UK test, Application form and passports covering the full 10 year period.

Additional documents are only required if you dont have passports covering the full 10 year period, hence the UKVI need other forms of information as proof of residence.

There are many people on our sky drive who didn't give any additional documentation and got their applications back just as fast as anyone else. Furthermore, regardless of whether you give extra information or not, the caseworker will go through everything in their system to verify, they wont just take your word for it.

I also had visible gaps in my visa dates between extensions, but I applied for my SAR file a month before I submitted my application and there was a IT System printout that clearly showed all my visa application dates and dates they were granted that confirmed that they were all on time.

As long as you applied before your current visa expired, it doesnt matter when the UKBA grant the visa the date is considering from the time of application.

I hope this helps :) Please do not worry yourself and get stressed about this like I did, your ILR will come and you will be free just like all of us who have been through this process before you.

I hope you have a great day :)
Application sent: 19/09/2013
Biometrics: 21/10/2013
Approval Letter + Docs: 18/02/2014
BRP Received: 19/02/2014
Duration: 4.833 months
https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... 6R3aFEbvZw

shahjee12
Newly Registered

Post by shahjee12 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:03 pm

Here are my details:
Hello mate,
Don't you worry, your case looks quite straight forward, so there is no need to panic. It will be good news INSHALLAH. Keep us posted. Take care.

britbanker

Post by britbanker » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:08 pm

gryphon wrote:I know, they won't tell you the decision. Just that a package has been sent out. This part of the wait is the killer one I guess. In retrospect, I now wish I didn't call DC or HO. I should have just carried on as I was getting on with my life quite well. :(
One can only learn.
You will be absolutely fine, I really don't trust the Home Office call centre information, I called them up last Friday in the morning to ask the status of my application and they said it had not been allocated to a case worker yet and to wait until 6 months were over.

Then on Tuesday this week I got my documents back and my BRP on Wednesday. The approval date on the letter was Friday 14th Feb lol, so they clearly didnt know what they were talking about unless they literally checked my application after I called them and decided it was OK in a matter of hours.

The UKBA will not tell you whether you have been approved or declined, their standard response is that you will receive a package. I can almost 99% guarantee you that your ILR approval has been granted and your package will be your documents, please don't fret over DX (the worst courier service in the universe) customer support either.

I am looking forward to you posting here that your ILR has been granted in the next few days :mrgreen:

Cheers Nik
Application sent: 19/09/2013
Biometrics: 21/10/2013
Approval Letter + Docs: 18/02/2014
BRP Received: 19/02/2014
Duration: 4.833 months
https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... 6R3aFEbvZw

shahjee12
Newly Registered

Post by shahjee12 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:13 pm

britbanker wrote:
Biruni-Dono wrote:
Life on uk test
All passports
Employer letter
All the P60 till date
Hi All,
I did not provide an employer letter, bank statements, P60s, or a letter explaining exit/entry dates :( Does this mean my application may take longer or have issues as they will have to find all this out themselves? Should I send these documents now enclosing my reference number with it? Or will that delay things even further due to more processing?

Also, a couple of times during my 10 years, my visa expired while my renewal application was with the home office. I know that is fine as per clause 3c. But I did not provide any proof of that in my ILR application, and when you look at the expiry date of the previous visa and issue date of the new visa, it appears as if there has been a gap in my stay. Have others with a similar case provided any additional evidence to make sure they are acknowledged as under 3c? Or does the home office keep such records themselves and I don't need to send anything?

Hi, Do not worry there is no need to send the additional documents. The requirements for the SET LR form are simply the Life in the UK test, Application form and passports covering the full 10 year period.

Additional documents are only required if you dont have passports covering the full 10 year period, hence the UKVI need other forms of information as proof of residence.

There are many people on our sky drive who didn't give any additional documentation and got their applications back just as fast as anyone else. Furthermore, regardless of whether you give extra information or not, the caseworker will go through everything in their system to verify, they wont just take your word for it.

I also had visible gaps in my visa dates between extensions, but I applied for my SAR file a month before I submitted my application and there was a IT System printout that clearly showed all my visa application dates and dates they were granted that confirmed that they were all on time.

As long as you applied before your current visa expired, it doesnt matter when the UKBA grant the visa the date is considering from the time of application.

I hope this helps :) Please do not worry yourself and get stressed about this like I did, your ILR will come and you will be free just like all of us who have been through this process before you.

You are spot on Britbanker, no need for any further documantation if the passports are there to back your claim for a Long residency.
I just send my case with
3 Passports
Life in UK test result
UK University degree and transcripts
2 photos
And last but not the least, all important Payment Cheque for the HOME OFFICE :lol:
I hope that every one get there ILR sorted in good time, my prayers and best wishes to all, and a big thanks to memebers like Britbanker, who are always there to offer support and valuable advise. Keep smiling all have a good day :D

moonway

Post by moonway » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:21 pm

HI Guys

I was a silent reader on this forum

I just recived my ilr on 10 years basis today and it was not straight forward case atall

applied on 24/10/2013
bio done on 12dec2013
ilr recieved on 21/02/2014

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:23 pm

Congrats brother Moonway

Please share with us if it was not straightforward case as it will help us to file our case please

moonway wrote:HI Guys

I just recived my ilr on 10 years basis today and it was not straight forward case atall

applied on 24/10/2013
bio done on 12dec2013

Babuska

Post by Babuska » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:24 pm

Hi all,

Come back since last post 04Nov2013.
Thanks for all members and the comments from this forum, we (my daughter) have learned and success secure the ILR with following timeline:

Application sent: 25 Oct 2013
Money deducted: 28 Oct 2013
Bio letter: 19 Nov 2013
Bio enroll: 20 Nov 2013
Passport and docs received: 20 Feb 2014
BRP: waiting.

So...less than 4 months....

8 years student visa
2 years PSW
0,5 year T1 Enterpreneur

568 days out of UK, excluding some for business trips but not mentioned detail in app. docs.

3 passports
GCSE, A level, BSc and MSc certificates
LIUK test
Tenant contract at last address
Bank statement for 6 months
Company registration
HMRC report
No Form P60 or P45,
No previous employment letter or similar as missed
No solicitor
No cover letter

Good luck to all who still waiting.
Last edited by Babuska on Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shahjee12
Newly Registered

Post by shahjee12 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:33 pm

Hardikjshah83 wrote:
britbanker wrote:
Hardikjshah83 wrote:can someone advise me who is responsible for SKYDRIVE update on here. i have seen some new users not been added - some not been updated.
We are all responsible for updating skydrive Hardik, there is no one person responsible.

Skydrive can be edited by anyone, so please go into skydrive and make the relevant updates if you have the time :)

You can edit the file in the browser itself using the "edit in browser" option or open the file in excel on your desktop and then save it back to the cloud.

I am currently in the office and skydrive is blocked at work, I used to update details whenever they came through on the forum but I will not be checking the forum much from now on, so the responsibility will fall on those who are waiting.

Cheers Nik
thanks but i dont think anyone can update the skydrive - i have tried myself there is no option for me to udpate i click on any cell and try to add anytign it wont let me, i have noticed on the top of the spreadsheet there is an option to share where someone can invite people to edit.

i will need that invitation before i can update it. i have tried at home from my MAC and at work from Windows 7 PC.

pelase can someone get me write access to SKYDRIVE.
Hi Hardik,
I could update the skydrive for you, it is not a problem.
Once you are on the Skydrive, you have to go on the second option from the top left hand, which says EDIT IN BROWSER. Once there just put your details in, and it will be updated. Otherwise as I say give me your details and I will update it. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shah

moonway

Post by moonway » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:02 pm

smir wrote:Congrats brother Moonway

Please share with us if it was not straightforward case as it will help us to file our case please

moonway wrote:HI Guys

applied on 24/10/2013
bio done on 12dec2013

i had a serious convictions which has ended in jan2012

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:21 pm

Thanks a lot mate. Really appreciate the kind and comforting response. I knew it from the beginning it a waiting game, hence I was getting on with my life quite well. Totally brushed aside and forgot my application. Just yesterday for some reason I thought I will try my luck and see if they have an update. Anyways, thanks to all of the kind members in this forum who have read my message. Please remember me in your prayers. A heart full of best wishes for all who has or are about to embark upon this patience test.....

britbanker wrote:
Biruni-Dono wrote:
Life on uk test
All passports
Employer letter
All the P60 till date
Hi All,

Gryphon

dejan_zemun
Newly Registered

Post by dejan_zemun » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:44 pm

Hi Babuska, Congratulations on your ILR :)

I have a quick question. You said: "568 days out of UK, including some for business trips but not mentioned detail in app. docs."

What do you mean by that? As in you did not state anywhere in the application that you had exceeded the 540 absence allowance?
Please get back to me :)

Babuska wrote:Hi all,

Come back since last post 04Nov2013.
Thanks for all members and the comments from this forum, we (my daughter) have learned and success secure the ILR with following timeline:

Application sent: 25 Oct 2013
Money deducted: 28 Oct 2013
Bio letter: 19 Nov 2013
Bio enroll: 20 Nov 2013
Passport and docs received: 20 Feb 2014
BRP: waiting.

So...less than 4 months....

8 years student visa
2 years PSW
0,5 year T1 Enterpreneur

568 days out of UK, including some for business trips but not mentioned detail in app. docs.

3 passports
GCSE, A level, BSc and MSc certificates
LIUK test
Tenant contract at last address
Bank statement for 6 months
Company registration
HMRC report
No Form P60 or P45,
No previous employment letter or similar as missed
No solicitor
No cover letter

Good luck to all who still waiting.

Babuska

Post by Babuska » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:31 pm

Hi dejan_zemun

At the section D3, where we list the "date leaf and date return" and the reason... we put all dates and most reasons were "school holidays", only at three short leave were indicated "business trips" but total of it only 17 days (from sum of 585). We did not kept any tickets or evidence...to show.
During one holiday, nearly a month there have been in home country hospital (inpatient) and back school 3 weeks late (end of Sept) but loss the hospital' papers, recently we asked hospital given a copy post via mail but it came too late (not received yet)...
Total time in the UK is nearly 11 years, if UKBA counted for 10 years from now backward, then may be a 52 days first summer holidays out country were not added to sum up 568 days. We were expected to send letter of explanation once we received the copy paper from hospital, but not yet done....
I think, if the total time out country is a bit more then 540 days, it will not caused any problem. Be confident...
Best of lucks to all.

Biruni-Dono
Newly Registered

Post by Biruni-Dono » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:15 pm

britbanker wrote:

Thank you so much to britbanker for the assurance and advice, it is very comforting as the process can be nerve wracking. I did not apply for a SAR but what I understood is that this is something that the HO will verify themselves. Thanks once again for your help and congratulations on your application! Looking forward to getting ILR as it means for the first time in my life I can choose my career and job opportunities with no limitations anymore. It will be an emotional experience to say the least.

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:59 pm

Here are my details:
My friend don't worry, I included special delivery envelope with my application and I had the tracking number already. Night before the day I got my documents, I checked the status on royal mail. Before it was saying something like, its either too early to check or the tracking number is not entered into our system, but that night it showed no relevant information available.
And I thought bingo, the parcel must be on its way as the tracking number must have hit their system that's why the status was changed, no matter not available, but my instincts were very strong. Next morning early hours, I checked the tracking number again and guess what, it said out for delivery.....
So I am sure you'll be getting it very very soon. By the way I applied on 30th September and received my docs back on 13th Feb'14.

Muhammad1

Post by Muhammad1 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:07 pm

Any recent flrm or setm experience of anyone at any peo.
Plz share.
Thanks.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:06 pm

My BRP issue

Since DX failed to delivery my BRP saying I do not live the address .But royal mail delivery passport without any problem.

I sent a email with details to home office BRP unit last night with all my details and waiting for reply

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:50 pm

theprideofpak wrote:

Here are my details:
My friend don't worry, I included special delivery envelope with my application and I had the tracking number already. Night before the day I got my documents, I checked the status on royal mail. Before it was saying something like, its either too early to check or the tracking number is not entered into our system, but that night it showed no relevant information available.
And I thought bingo, the parcel must be on its way as the tracking number must have hit their system that's why the status was changed, no matter not available, but my instincts were very strong. Next morning early hours, I checked the tracking number again and guess what, it said out for delivery.....
So I am sure you'll be getting it very very soon. By the way I applied on 30th September and received my docs back on 13th Feb'14.
Thanks a lot mate for the reply. Just wanted to check with fellow members how long did it take for them for the delivery to arrive from the date of the decision. Royal Mail suggests that 2nd class recorded delivery takes 2 - 3 working days including Saturdays. esmsi or others who recently received it may shed some light on it.

To be honest, I wouldn't be bothered so much about it if I wouldn't have called DX this morning when they took my details and said they don't have anything for me. I was some what flabbergasted and began to panic contemplating the worst. However, some of the members kindly pointed out that their information may not always be accurate. Let's see which way Allah has set my path out. Thank you all for sharing your experiences. Your efforts are truly laudatory. Let's see what tomorrow brings for me.

Thanks
Gryphon
Gryphon

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:27 pm

My hubby got approval letter dated 13 dec 2013 received 14 dec but in our case we also include specially delivery return envelop .2nd class takes at least 2 days for sure .

gryphon wrote:
theprideofpak wrote:

Here are my details:
Thanks a lot mate for the reply. Just wanted to check with fellow members how long did it take for them for the delivery to arrive from the date of the decision. Royal Mail suggests that 2nd class recorded delivery takes 2 - 3 working days including Saturdays. esmsi or others who recently received it may shed some light on it.

To be honest, I wouldn't be bothered so much about it if I wouldn't have called DX this morning when they took my details and said they don't have anything for me. I was some what flabbergasted and began to panic contemplating the worst. However, some of the members kindly pointed out that their information may not always be accurate. Let's see which way Allah has set my path out. Thank you all for sharing your experiences. Your efforts are truly laudatory. Let's see what tomorrow brings for me.

Thanks
Gryphon
ss

moonway

Post by moonway » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:11 pm

dnt worry bro you will get the good news soon i ahav applied on the same date and got my ilr today

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:34 pm

Guys Thanks to Allah..... Just came home and saw the package.
The letter says "we are returning your documents" a biometric residence permit will be sent seperately". It doesn't mention that your application has been approved. Is that what it says in an approval letter.

Please some one confirm.
Gryphon

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:43 pm

gryphon wrote:Guys Thanks to Allah..... Just came home and saw the package.
The letter says "we are returning your documents" a biometric residence permit will be sent seperately". It doesn't mention that your application has been approved. Is that what it says in an approval letter.

Please some one confirm.
look into all the pages, approval page is different. It didn't have the address on it.

moonway

Post by moonway » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:47 pm

yes there you go bro congrats