ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohab Docs...URGENT..How many i got? Confused

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jilpangs

Cohab Docs...URGENT..How many i got? Confused

Post by jilpangs » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:58 pm

I'm applying for ILR with my Spouse & Kid. My wife is in UK Since Sep 2012 to current date(1.5 years). She also spent another 1.5 years during
2010/2011. Hope this is not a problem.

I'm going with following documents is this sufficient?

SET(O) form
12 months bank statement (Main Applicant - Me)
12 months pay slip (Main applicant - Me) - This is attested by my employer
5 Years Tax calculation sheet from HMRC (Signed by HMRC) (Main Applicant - Me)
P60 - Last 4 years. Downloaded copy. (Main Applicant - Me)
Employer Letter (covers annual leave & absence details) (Main Applicant - Me)
Passports (All 3 of us)
Biometric card (All 3 of us)
Life in UK Certificate (Mine + My Spouse)
English test certificate (Mine + My Spouse)

Cohabitation Docs - This is where im concerned. People say we need to show 3 sources of document in Joint name or 6 sources in individual names.Also covering 2 years.

Council Tax Bills (Source 1 - Both Names - Cover 2 years)
Rental agreement (Source 2 - Both Names but only for 1.5 years & also have old Rental agreement for another 1.5 years on both names)
Source 3?? I dont have any on both names. But got following. Will following be sufficient?

Marriage Certificate (Both our Names included obviously)
Birth Certificate for our Kid (Both Parents Names included)
NHS Cards (Seperate Cards with same address) but only for 1.5 years
Letter from NHS confirming we were registered together with a different NHS for nearly 2 years prior to our current address.
Electoral Letter. 2 letters one for each of us (Received sometime in Jan 2014 only).
Spouse's 2 year bank statement... For 2 years. 1.5 years in current address & 6 months in prev address.
Spouse works as a Volunteer in BHF and got couple of letters from them. Just on her name not joint.
Spouse done some accoutns course in Nov/Dec 2013. Got certification & letter from the Institue. Just on her name not joint.

Please clarify on whether this qualifies as 3 sources on Joint or 6 sources on individual names.

Thanks
J

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Re: Cohab Docs...URGENT..How many i got? Confused

Post by lynxukauq » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:25 pm

for example
Letter from HM Revenue and Customs will count as one source,
Letter from Dept for Work and Pensions will count as second source,
Letter from DVLA will count as another source
Ltter from TV Licensing will count as another source
letters from your GP, would count as another source.

jilpangs

Post by jilpangs » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:39 pm

Thanks.

So will following work for COHAB doc in particular?

Me Main appplicant
Source 1) 12 months bank statement with current address
Source 2) 12 months pay slip with current address
Source 3) 5 Years Tax calculation sheet from HMRC with current address
Source 4) P60 - Last 4 years with current & previous address
Source 5) Driving License with Current address
Source 6) Council Tax Bills with current address
Source 7) Rental agreement with current address & previous address
Source 8) NHS Cards on my name alone with current address
Source 9) NHS letter confirming registration in our prvious address
Source 10) Electoral Letter on my name with current address

Spouse
Source 1) 2 years bank statement with current & previous address
Source 2) Council Tax Bills with current address
Source 3) Rental agreement with current address & previous address
Source 4) NHS Cards on my spouse name alone with current address
Source 5) NHS letter confirming registration in our prvious address
Source 6) Electoral Letter on spouse name with current address (But recently received Jan 2014).
Source 7) Spouse works as a Volunteer in BHF and got couple of letters from them. Just on her name not joint.
Source 8) Spouse done some accounts course in Nov/Dec 2013. Got certification & letter from the Institue. Just on her name not joint.

Addition to above we got
Marriage Certificate (Both our Names included obviously)
Birth Certificate for our Kid (Both Parents Names included)
In Spouse's passport she got my name under Spouse Field.

Will these be sufficient?

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:44 pm

More than enough.

They need 6 letters or other documents addressed to you jointly or in both your names. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you.

You should split the two year period into 6 thus for every 4 months get a letter addressed to you both jointly or one each from a total of at least 3 different sources.

jilpangs

Post by jilpangs » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:04 am

Thanks for the confirmation.

If you see the documents listed for my Spouse, they cannot be split for every four months except bank statement. Not sure whether i should do that for bank statement. We do not have any utility bills in my spouse name.

Is it still OK to go with following docs?

jilpangs

Post by jilpangs » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:21 am

Help!!!!

Sherza

Post by Sherza » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:59 am

Hi

I followed the following guidance for our ILR on Set(O) form (can be seen on Page 30 of Set(M) form)

We need 6 letters or other documents addressed to you jointly or in both your names. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you.
If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names you will need to submit 12 items (6 each) of correspondence, evidencing that you reside together at the same address. Examples of acceptable letters and documents are listed below. They must be originals. The dates of the letters or documents should spread over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different sources.

Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide 6 items; if the documents are not addressed to both of you; or if they do not cover the 2-year period.

Examples of acceptable types of letters and documents

Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Dept for Work and Pensions, DVLA and TV Licensing, letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
Telephone bills or statements , mortgage statements/agreement, bank statements/letters, council tax bills or statements, water rates bills or statements, electricity and/or gas bills or statements, tenancy agreement(s), building society savings books/letters.

Sherza

Post by Sherza » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:10 pm

You can repeat the same documents with different dates. I have done a sample template to give you an idea.

here is the link

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7oMa_g ... edit?pli=1

Hope it help

jilpangs

Post by jilpangs » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:14 pm

Thanks Sherza.

I have listed the docs i got for my spouse to prove COHAB. Are you able to take a look and let me know that looks ok ?
i know no one can give official confirmation but just from your experience & knowledge.

Thanks

Sherza

Post by Sherza » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:39 pm

Hi

The documents you listed are more than enough. Basically they need 6 letters each or 6 combine letters. One combine letter covers two people. In my case they did not keep the combine letters copies from us at all as we provided enough individual letters as well. You only need three sources. Anything with your name and address is good.

Lets look at your documents now.........

Me Main appplicant

You have got 10 sources, You only need three. More than enough. Prepare a letter/statment every three months apart. Drop in bank statements in the gaps were there are no other letters. Do not over do it. Just fulfill every (three-)four months a letter criteria

Source 1) 12 months bank statement with current address
Source 2) 12 months pay slip with current address
Source 3) 5 Years Tax calculation sheet from HMRC with current address
Source 4) P60 - Last 4 years with current & previous address
Source 5) Driving License with Current address
Source 6) Council Tax Bills with current address
Source 7) Rental agreement with current address & previous address
Source 8) NHS Cards on my name alone with current address
Source 9) NHS letter confirming registration in our prvious address
Source 10) Electoral Letter on my name with current address

Spouse

Same here. You have more than enough. Just put them in the table that I gave link to in the previous post and everything will come in its shape

Source 1) 2 years bank statement with current & previous address
Source 2) Council Tax Bills with current address
Source 3) Rental agreement with current address & previous address
Source 4) NHS Cards on my spouse name alone with current address
Source 5) NHS letter confirming registration in our prvious address
Source 6) Electoral Letter on spouse name with current address (But recently received Jan 2014).
Source 7) Spouse works as a Volunteer in BHF and got couple of letters from them. Just on her name not joint.
Source 8) Spouse done some accounts course in Nov/Dec 2013. Got certification & letter from the Institue. Just on her name not joint.

Addition to above we got
Marriage Certificate (Both our Names included obviously) - not required for this purpose
Birth Certificate for our Kid (Both Parents Names included) - not required for this purpose
In Spouse's passport she got my name under Spouse Field - not required for this purpose

jilpangs

Post by jilpangs » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:24 pm

Great. Thanks a lot Sherza.