ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR granted -Tier-2 General - Cardiff PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shivuk

ILR granted -Tier-2 General - Cardiff PEO

Post by shivuk » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:32 pm

Category: Tier 2 (General) – same employer
No. of dependants: 4
Date of Issue of Entry clearance: 12/03/2009
Date of Entry to the UK: 30/03/2009
Date of PEO application: 19/02/2014 (Cardiff PEO) – Took about 2 hours to grant ILR (after photos and finger prints taken) .

[b]Documents submitted:[/b]
Passports
BR permits
LIUK pass notification certificates
Degree certificate (to meet English language requirement)
University letters (my wife’s) stating the course is 3 years of duration and taught in English.
Point Based calculator prints outs – showing 10 points for English language qualification.
Employer letter: HR letter stating SOC code, salary and open-ended contract (not mentioned "still required for the employment) + letter from my line manager stating "still required for the employment2.
Pay slips – last 12 months
Bank statements – last 12 months
Cohabitation documents – Council tax bill, water bill, Bank statements, NHS letter, polling card

I have given the following documents as well- but the case worker did not take it (returned both original and photocopy)
P60 's
Marriage certificate
Tenancy agreement

[b]Other Details [/b]:
[u]My previous stay in the UK[/u]
Oct 1996 – Sept. 2000
During this period I worked in the UK for 6 months without Home office permission. I admitted this in my application for Entry clearance and in my application for Extension of leave to remain. But I did not mention about this in my application for ILR.

[u]Home office contacts (Croydon contact centre)[/u]
I called the home office and emailed them for answering q7.11: (How long have you lived in the UK?)
They advised to incude details of the the period that I was be relying on to gain settlement and
to include details of this stay.

Although there is no financial requirement for settlement under Tier-2 (at least at the moment) that I can see in any guidance, I emailed to them asking whether number of dependance makes any effect on it. They replied saying that there is no specific rate dependant upon number of dependants.

Many thanks for this forum for making our application successful.

arpit.tayal

Re: ILR granted -Tier-2 General - Cardiff PEO

Post by arpit.tayal » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:59 pm

Congratulations!

What proof did you submit for absences?

shivuk

Post by shivuk » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:15 pm

I had no absence from the UK during my qualifying period

pinkpop

Post by pinkpop » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:21 pm

Congrats!

Shonna
Newly Registered

Post by Shonna » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:49 am

Hi Shiv,

Congrats for the ILR

There is no specific mention on how much maintenance is required. However based on your appliction .. do u think approx 5-6K with 1 dependent on application suffice the requirement?

Thanks

shivuk

Post by shivuk » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:25 pm

As you said there is no maintenance or financial requirement for ILR under Tier-2. However you should provide employer letter stating your that your salary is paid at or above the appropriate rate for the jobSOC code. (I am sure you know about this)

megasxlr_vnky
Newly Registered

Post by megasxlr_vnky » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:29 am

shivuk wrote:Category: Tier 2 (General) – same employer
No. of dependants: 4
Date of Issue of Entry clearance: 12/03/2009
Date of Entry to the UK: 30/03/2009
Date of PEO application: 19/02/2014 (Cardiff PEO) – Took about 2 hours to grant ILR (after photos and finger prints taken) .

Documents submitted:
Passports
BR permits
LIUK pass notification certificates
Degree certificate (to meet English language requirement)
University letters (my wife’s) stating the course is 3 years of duration and taught in English.
Point Based calculator prints outs – showing 10 points for English language qualification.
Employer letter: HR letter stating SOC code, salary and open-ended contract (not mentioned "still required for the employment) + letter from my line manager stating "still required for the employment2.
Pay slips – last 12 months
Bank statements – last 12 months
Cohabitation documents – Council tax bill, water bill, Bank statements, NHS letter, polling card

I have given the following documents as well- but the case worker did not take it (returned both original and photocopy)
P60 's
Marriage certificate
Tenancy agreement

Other Details :
My previous stay in the UK
Oct 1996 – Sept. 2000
During this period I worked in the UK for 6 months without Home office permission. I admitted this in my application for Entry clearance and in my application for Extension of leave to remain. But I did not mention about this in my application for ILR.

Home office contacts (Croydon contact centre)
I called the home office and emailed them for answering q7.11: (How long have you lived in the UK?)
They advised to incude details of the the period that I was be relying on to gain settlement and
to include details of this stay.

Although there is no financial requirement for settlement under Tier-2 (at least at the moment) that I can see in any guidance, I emailed to them asking whether number of dependance makes any effect on it. They replied saying that there is no specific rate dependant upon number of dependants.

Many thanks for this forum for making our application successful.
hi,

very good to here that u wer granted ur settlement..
could u please help me with couple of questions as i was also in same boat actually but i am independent..
1.section 3 which category did u tick...... workpemit holder or tire 2 migrant.
2. what soc code did u mentioned and are they specific about it.... i just changed my visa in 17 jan 2013 from old job..salary is 25k.
3.are they concerned about letter of absense..

if you dont mind .. i would be happy to have a chat on phone call.. and it might clearr my doughts... your would be much appreciated... thanks in advance