ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - 5yrs payslips

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shonna
Newly Registered

ILR - 5yrs payslips

Post by Shonna » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:49 pm

Hi,

My initial visa on the basis of which I am becoming eligible for 5yrs was given to me on 26th March 2009. ILR based on on WP+Tier-2.

If I apply for ILR during start of March 2014 (before 28 days of 5 yrs period) am I suppose to produce my 5yrs pay-slip & P60's which will be from 1st April 2009-Feb'2014. Can you confirm if this is correct?

But, if I apply for ILR around end of March 2014 (as I might take time to collect few docs), am I suppose to produce my 5yrs pay-slip & P60's which will be from 1st April 2009-March'2014 or 1st May-March'2014?

Thanks for your help to solve the correct 5yrs pay-slip query I have! Also, feel free to suggest correct pay-slip dates if they are incorrect.

Apam

Re: ILR - 5yrs payslips

Post by Apam » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:57 pm

You can produce as many documents as you want, if they are not required you have nothing to loose.
According to ukba tier 2 settlement guidance, only most current ie last payslip received before ILR application is required. There is no mention of P60 as well. This payslip or bank statement should be no more than one calendar month from the day you apply for ILR.
If you are using these payslips with your address as proof of cohabitation, that is a different matter.

smartkhan
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by smartkhan » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:37 pm

You shouldn't be providing 5 years' pay slips to confuse the case worker. Latest pay slip and bank statement (no more than 1 month old) is required.

Shonna
Newly Registered

Post by Shonna » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:46 pm

Thanks for your replies.

Pay-slip is not to be used for cohabitation.

So are we not suppose to show P60's of last 4years (if not pay-slips) to show that we were working in the UK?

Pls. confirm above replies/suggestions. thanks

Apam

Post by Apam » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:49 pm

Hi, don't confuse tier 2 with tier 1. Tier 2 is only a working visa, not self employment etc that is why no need to prove that you've been working in the uk.......because it's already a working visa. If you weren't working ukba would have curtailed your leave long ago!
Tier 1 is slightly different, the visa was issued to people who didn't necessarily have job before coming to the uk. So they need to show their economic activity durin their stay in the uk, paid appropriate taxes etc. Even that, they don't show 5 years payslips only 12 months.
I will encourage you to go to ukba website and read settlement requirements for tier 2, at least so you know the requirements for yourself as well.

Shonna
Newly Registered

Post by Shonna » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:20 pm

@ Apam - Thanks a lot for your help to explain Tier 1 v/s Tier 2 ILR visa doc requirements. This is very helpful.

I will now read the settlement requirements ILR. Also found a link on this board - http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 58495.html suggesting similar advice as yours with the doc check list and success with ILR very recently.

Thanks a lot!!