ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ready to Apply! Documents Complete?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blt178
Newly Registered

Ready to Apply! Documents Complete?

Post by blt178 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:23 pm

I would REALLY appreciate your 2 cents on my application. I have all of the pieces together (just waiting on a letter from the university) and want to make sure there aren't any glaring holes that I've missed... Wouldn't want to make a £400 mistake!

I have prepped a cover letter to introduce the following evidence:

Academic Qualifications: (30 Points)
• Original Degree Certificate stating that a Bachelors of Commerce was awarded by the University of Saskatchewan
• Original Transcript from the University of Saskatchewan

Previous Earnings – Salaried Employment: (45 Points – May ’06 to April ’07)
• Income Tax Return for 1-Jan-2006 to 31-December-2006 (Do I need to include this if I have everything else below? Tax Return doesn’t show the full 12 months)
• Wage Slips from 1-May-2006 to 30-April-2007 (printed out copies, not originals)
• Letter from employer confirming salary details on Wage Slips (lists amount month by month and matches wage slips. This is signed on letterhead)
• Bank Statements showing income from 1-May-2006 to 30-April-2007

Age Assessment: (10 Points)
• Original Birth Certificate

English Language:
• Original Bachelors Degree Certificate (As provided for Academic Qualifications above)
• Original Letter from the University of Saskatchewan confirming that medium of instruction for my degree is English

Total Points To Be Claimed – 85 Points

Anything missing? Please let me know your thoughts on this application...
Thanks!

ball1333

Post by ball1333 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:27 pm

Definitely DO include the income tax return.

Your list looks good to me; I'm sure others will weigh in as well.

apeterso925

Re: Ready to Apply! Documents Complete?

Post by apeterso925 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:33 pm

If you're confident it will be accepted, then pardon my ignorance :D But: what is a Bachelor of Commerce? Are you confident that this translates directly as a degree that is equivalent to a UK degree?

I have a feeling it does and I'm just clueless, but I just wanted to throw that out there...might need NARIC certification?

But yes, otherwise your list looks great...and yes, the tax document is a must (even though it doesn't really tell them anything, I had the same issue - many of us did).

Amy
blt178 wrote:I would REALLY appreciate your 2 cents on my application. I have all of the pieces together (just waiting on a letter from the university) and want to make sure there aren't any glaring holes that I've missed... Wouldn't want to make a £400 mistake!

I have prepped a cover letter to introduce the following evidence:

• Original Degree Certificate stating that a Bachelors of Commerce was awarded by the University of Saskatchewan
• Original Transcript from the University of Saskatchewan

Previous Earnings – Salaried Employment: (45 Points – May ’06 to April ’07)
• Income Tax Return for 1-Jan-2006 to 31-December-2006 (Do I need to include this if I have everything else below? Tax Return doesn’t show the full 12 months)
• Wage Slips from 1-May-2006 to 30-April-2007 (printed out copies, not originals)
• Letter from employer confirming salary details on Wage Slips (lists amount month by month and matches wage slips. This is signed on letterhead)
• Bank Statements showing income from 1-May-2006 to 30-April-2007

Age Assessment: (10 Points)

English Language:
• Original Bachelors Degree Certificate (As provided for Academic Qualifications above)
• Original Letter from the University of Saskatchewan confirming that medium of instruction for my degree is English

Total Points To Be Claimed – 85 Points

Anything missing? Please let me know your thoughts on this application...
Thanks!

blt178
Newly Registered

Post by blt178 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:09 pm

apeterso925 wrote:what is a Bachelor of Commerce? Are you confident that this translates directly as a degree that is equivalent to a UK degree?
Bachelor of Commerce is a standard business degree... I just looked it up online to make sure that it isn't just Canada-specific and it does state that it is a common degree used in the Commonwealth countries including the UK but not usual in the US, which is perhaps why is seemed strange to you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachelor_of_Commerce

Other input? Anyone think I should pursue NARIC just in case?

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:14 pm

Wage slips - since these were printouts, you did get them signed and stamped by the employer/human resources officer?
Income tax return - even though you're including it, do be sure to explain that it does not refer to the period claimed for earnings.
NARIC - in your case, I'd not bother.

Looks great - good luck - AG

apeterso925

Post by apeterso925 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:19 pm

blt178 wrote:
apeterso925 wrote:what is a Bachelor of Commerce? Are you confident that this translates directly as a degree that is equivalent to a UK degree?
Bachelor of Commerce is a standard business degree... I just looked it up online to make sure that it isn't just Canada-specific and it does state that it is a common degree used in the Commonwealth countries including the UK but not usual in the US, which is perhaps why is seemed strange to you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachelor_of_Commerce

Other input? Anyone think I should pursue NARIC just in case?
No, then given what you found, the degree is fine. But I'll second gordon's comment - make sure your wage slips are dated and signed (and preferably stamped) if they are just printouts.

PounceQuick

Post by PounceQuick » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:31 pm

Yes make sure your payslips are stamped and signed.

Also make sure that the letter from the university clearly shows your name, degree awarded and the date of award. These all must match your degree.

fly2uk

Post by fly2uk » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:32 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for HSMP. Here is the list of documents that I am planning to send. Please let me know if the list looks fine to you guys.
Another pair of eyes, always helps, incase I have missed anything.

• Original Degree Certificate stating that a Bachelors of Engineering awarded by the VTU, India
• Original Transcript from the University

Previous Earnings – Salaried Employment: (45 Points – July ’06 to June ’07)
• Income Tax Return for 1-April-2006 to 30-March-2007
• Letter from employer confirming salary details paid during April 2007 to June 2007, on company letter head stamped and signed(Since the ITR does not cover this period)
• Wage Slips from 1-July-2006 to 30-June-2007 stamped and signed by company
• Letter from employer confirming salary details paid during July 2006 to June 2007, on company letter head stamped and signed
• Bank Statements showing income from 1-July-2006 to 30-June-2007
( Printouts stamped and signed by bank manager )
• Letter from bank stating that the salary to my account was being credited by my employer XXXXX for the period July 2006 to June 2007

Age Assessment: (20 Points)
• Original Driving License

English Language:
• Original Letter from the University confirming that medium of instruction for my degree is English

Total Points Claimed – 95 Points

My only worry is I dont have NARIC certificate, and the form mentions this as mandatory, although most ppl on this forum have got their approval without one either. Just wondering how I would explain not
having NARIC letter. DO I just say that I know of ppl with same degree
who have got NARIC certified and hence I did not enclose the NARIC letter.??

HSMP gurus .. please advise.

Also I am planning to send thru UPS ( from India ) and while collecting it back use MBE.

Thanks

gordon

Post by gordon » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:51 pm

fly2uk

Earnings: If you are claiming July06 - June07 earnings, neither your tax return nor your employer letter independently corroborates the income claimed over the period specified. You can explain that your tax return doesn't correspond to the period (the tax year), but if you submit an employer letter, it should correspond precisely to the entire period for which you are claiming income, not just a subset thereof. Presumably the bank statements also indicate the source of income paid in (ie the empoyer's name)? (Or is that why you got the letter from the bank indicating the cedit source?)

English language: does the letter include all the elements set out in the guidance notes, or is it a bog-standard statement of the medium of instruction?

NARIC: it's not required, but you skip it, you should be confident that your degree is equivalent.

AG

fly2uk

Post by fly2uk » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:20 am

Gordon,

Thanks for the input. Let me clarify a few things.

I agree that the ITR does not cover my claim period which is July '07 to June '06. My ITR covers the period from Apr '06 to Mar '07, which is the tax year in India. So I got a letter from the employer stating that for the period Apr '07 to Jun '07 , I have received salary Rs. XXXX and paid tax of Rs XXXX . This is to clearly bring out the fact that I have paid taxes for the entire claim period.

Now, I have another letter from employer which gives the exact salary and tax paid, for the entire claim period i.e. July '06 to Jun '07. This is to say that I have earned Rs XXXX income for the claim period and claim 45 points for that.

This am trying accentuate by providing bank statements for the entire claim period July '06 to June '07. Since the bank statements do not give the name of the employer, but just say that salary XXXX was credited to my a/c, I got a letter from the bank stating that XXXXX company has been crediting salary to my a/c from July '06 to June '07, with the break up of amount credited each month for the claim period.

I am also enclosing the wage slips given by the company for the entire claim period which will second the salary amount given in the bank statements.

English Language : Yes, the letter from the university is in line with the 4 requirements mentioned in HSMP guidance.

NARIC: I am sure that my degree qualifies as equivalent to UK bachelor's. This I know from friends who have already got approval who have the same degree from same university. In addition, a lot of people on this forum have also certified that the degree is equivalent to a UK Bachelor's. So I would be stating that it is well known that the degree is equivalent to UK bachelor's degree.

Do you guys see any major problems with this? Can I go ahead with this application?

Also, how and when do I tell the case worker that I would be arranging for courier pickup of my documents once decision has been made and ask him to intimate me once decision has been made. I am planning to ask MBE to pickup and courier it back to me.

Thanks