ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN1 1.22 Section confusion - Please help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

srreddy

Form AN1 1.22 Section confusion - Please help

Post by srreddy » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:22 pm

Hi,
From the 28th of Oct 2013 - there are new requirements for Naturalisation, which states that along with the Life in UK certificate, you also need to showcase a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or its equivalent.

I had my Masters in India and was taught in english. I have used my degree certificate in previous Tier1 & ILR application and got approval as well.

Now for citizenship I am planning to submit the below documents :
1) Degree certificate,
2) PBS point calculator print out confirming 10 points awarded for English
3) UK NARIC Statement of comparability.

Is this sufficient to prove my KOL requirement ? Please could you assist ?

Also I am confused as to which option I need to select within Form AN (Section 1.22) to satisfy this requirement using the Statement of comparability certificate from UK Naric.

I have documented the options as given in Form AN.

Could you please let me know which option I need to select:

1. I have speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification OR
2. I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK Naric to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or PhD in the UK AND
a. UK Naric has confirmed that the qualification or taught or researched in English OR
b. the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country.

Many Thanks for your help in advance.

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Form AN1 1.22 Section confusion - Please help

Post by milan69 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:50 pm

Speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR should be fine.
I am sometimes wrong.

girish2010
Newly Registered

Post by girish2010 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:16 pm

hi there,

I had used the Nationality Checking Service provided by local council and i had submitted my UKNARIC letter and copies of Educational Certificates, along with Life in UK Test.

Hope this helps

srreddy

Post by srreddy » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:59 am

girish2010 wrote:hi there,

I had used the Nationality Checking Service provided by local council and i had submitted my UKNARIC letter and copies of Educational Certificates, along with Life in UK Test.

Hope this helps
Hi Girish

Thanks for your comment. Could you help to know what option you selected in the application form under 1.22 for english language requirement ?

Thanks

girish2010
Newly Registered

Post by girish2010 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:44 pm

you have to select - I have obtained academic qualification deemed by UKNARIC and the first option(i) only

srreddy

Post by srreddy » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:33 pm

girish2010 wrote:you have to select - I have obtained academic qualification deemed by UKNARIC and the first option(i) only
Ok. Thanks a lot.

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:37 pm

Is the statement of comparability a compulsion as while getting Tier 1 visa and ILR i have never provided this..