ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Strangest interview ever !

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mohammed1980

Strangest interview ever !

Post by mohammed1980 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:22 pm

I had read on this forum about how interviews were held, but my experience was totally different and I am puzzled as to why I was being interviewed this way.

My interview was to start at 9 am at Sheffields. As I was waiting, one young man 23-24 yr old who looked like a recent graduate just out of college or uni, more like an apprentice than an interviewer, came from behind and asked me 'what is you name?' When I told, he said follow me. I thought he was an assistant who was guiding me to the interview room. But in the room, he said I am going to interview you. (That was my first shock).

He made me sign at two places on a declaration form which is a normal procedure. The time of start he mentioned on it was 9.11 am.

As he was about to start, one middle-aged gentleman popped in and said to the interviewer I need this room at quarter past ten and you may have to shift to another room and he went away.

The interviewer said I am going to ask you 33 questions related to your application and it may take an hour or so. I will ask you for some figures which you are expected to give not accurate to the last penny but they must be reasonably correct. I asked, if the figures are related to my financial plan, do I have the permission to refer to the hard copy of the plan which I have brought along? He said, I cant say you are not allowed but it may not look nice and I will have to check what you are referring to. I said, that is fine. I will answer without referring to my copy.

The interviewer then said as I ask you questions I will be noting down your answers in my computer. So please go slow in answering as my typing speed is not very fast.

He started with general questions. As I was talking he was saying 'go slow go slow'. (ridiculous)

When he asked about my business, I gave him a complete picture of my business, the nature of my business, my customers, the target market, and the regulatory bodies that I need to be registered with. One question he asked what is the cost to register with those regulatory bodies, I said 5000. He asked like a child, is 5000 your startup cost? I said, no, it is only the membership fee.

Then he went to the next question which is market research. Again I gave him the details of the complete market research I did.

As I was talking, he stopped me many times and said "go slow. I cant type so fast". He even asked me for the spellings of the regulatory bodies and the research companies I referred to when they were already mentioned in my business plan and market research.

Then he asked who provided the funds, I told.
Next question, what documents have you provided with your application? I told.
And that was it. :?

When I came out, it was 10 am. The questions he asked were not even 20. No questions on contingency plan or tax or insurance or office space. Neither did he ask for any figures in the financial plan as he himself mentioned at the start.

I am totally puzzled. Were they not supposed to have a recording of my interview? What if he typed something that I never said?

Well, they could have had a robot to ask those questions. At least the robot could have typed faster. :roll:

I dont know what to do other than posting on this forum.

andy_jatt
Newly Registered

Re: Strangest interview ever !

Post by andy_jatt » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:08 pm

F***k me , I got an interview in Sheffield on 1st march 14

andy_jatt
Newly Registered

Post by andy_jatt » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:11 pm

can you tell me the questions regarding financial plan bruv ..

mohammed1980

Post by mohammed1980 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:21 pm

andy_jatt wrote:can you tell me the questions regarding financial plan bruv ..
LOL ... NOTHING !! :lol:

He said he was going to ask.. but dont know what happened.. :? he either forgot to ask or may be he changed his mind :roll:

Aadi.ji
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Aadi.ji » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:09 pm

mohammed1980 wrote:I had read on this forum about how interviews were held, but my experience was totally different and I am puzzled as to why I was being interviewed this way.

My interview was to start at 9 am at Sheffields. As I was waiting, one young man 23-24 yr old who looked like a recent graduate just out of college or uni, more like an apprentice than an interviewer, came from behind and asked me 'what is you name?' When I told, he said follow me. I thought he was an assistant who was guiding me to the interview room. But in the room, he said I am going to interview you. (That was my first shock).

He made me sign at two places on a declaration form which is a normal procedure. The time of start he mentioned on it was 9.11 am.

As he was about to start, one middle-aged gentleman popped in and said to the interviewer I need this room at quarter past ten and you may have to shift to another room and he went away.

The interviewer said I am going to ask you 33 questions related to your application and it may take an hour or so. I will ask you for some figures which you are expected to give not accurate to the last penny but they must be reasonably correct. I asked, if the figures are related to my financial plan, do I have the permission to refer to the hard copy of the plan which I have brought along? He said, I cant say you are not allowed but it may not look nice and I will have to check what you are referring to. I said, that is fine. I will answer without referring to my copy.

The interviewer then said as I ask you questions I will be noting down your answers in my computer. So please go slow in answering as my typing speed is not very fast.

He started with general questions. As I was talking he was saying 'go slow go slow'. (ridiculous)

When he asked about my business, I gave him a complete picture of my business, the nature of my business, my customers, the target market, and the regulatory bodies that I need to be registered with. One question he asked what is the cost to register with those regulatory bodies, I said 5000. He asked like a child, is 5000 your startup cost? I said, no, it is only the membership fee.

Then he went to the next question which is market research. Again I gave him the details of the complete market research I did.

As I was talking, he stopped me many times and said "go slow. I cant type so fast". He even asked me for the spellings of the regulatory bodies and the research companies I referred to when they were already mentioned in my business plan and market research.

Then he asked who provided the funds, I told.
Next question, what documents have you provided with your application? I told.
And that was it. :?

When I came out, it was 10 am. The questions he asked were not even 20. No questions on contingency plan or tax or insurance or office space. Neither did he ask for any figures in the financial plan as he himself mentioned at the start.

I am totally puzzled. Were they not supposed to have a recording of my interview? What if he typed something that I never said?

Well, they could have had a robot to ask those questions. At least the robot could have typed faster. :roll:

I dont know what to do other than posting on this forum.
Very strange.

I have a feeling like he just fulfilled the formality and that's it.

mohammed1980

Post by mohammed1980 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:26 pm

Can anyone please tell me, for my peace of mind, if their interview was also conducted in this way.... I mean like giving a dictation to the typist. I feel humiliated and insulted the way I was interviewed.

If they refuse my visa, before appealing I will sue them for conducting my interview in a ridiculously foolish way !!

I just cant get over it.