ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for person on spouse visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tom_hungston

ILR for person on spouse visa

Post by tom_hungston » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:58 pm

To all Gurus of this forum,

I would really appreciate your expert opinion regarding my application for ILR. I will be applying in person at PEO Croydon. I have completed two years on spouse visa (nearly complete) and would be applying for ILR. I have been outside the UK twice since my arrival. Total absense days are 144 for both absenses. My husband is british citizen and owns his own business.

I have following documents (Applicant on spouse visa)
============================================
2 years bank statements in my name
letters from NHS when I first came to the UK
letter from BANK when I first opened bank account
Letter from DVLA when I applied for driving licence
my University Transcript and degree certificate from well known University in USA
Marriage Certificate with both of our names on it (issued by non EU country)
My daughter's birth certificate with both parents name on it
My electoral enrolment letter
Pay slips for last 22 months
P60 for first year ( I will get another one in April 2014)
I have a letter from my in laws (my husband's parents) confirming that my husband and I
are living with them since my arrival in the UK along with their contact address and phone
numbers.

My husband's documents (British Citizen)
=====================
One huge bank statement with address on the front page and it covers 2 years transactions
business bank statements (last six months)
credit card statements (last 16 months)
DVLA letter issued within last six months
SA100 tax return for him for last two years
His last two year's pay slips
P60 for one year
He received child tax credits since last five months (£20 per week) so can we include this letter as well...?

my worries
==========
- My husband and I are living with his parents in their house since my arrival. Prior to our marriage my husband use
to live with his friend. my husband receives all his bank statements, credit card statements, etc. online so he never
changed the addresses untill after 9 months when he moved back home with his parents. and he is unable to show
proof on paper for more than last 16 months and I am wondering would that cause problems....?

- As we live with my husband's family, We don't have any utility bills in our names. We do have a letter from his parents
confirming that we both are living with them since my arrival in the UK. Would it be required to submit copies of electric
or gas bills that are in the name of his parents.

- As my husband is a business man he pays himself salary. His salary isn't too big as he is being tax efficient however the
company bank balance was always £20k+ since last 12 months.
so would that have any negative impact on my application...?

- about my absences from the UK, I had to extend my stay when I first went back home. that was due to me being pregnant
and had complication and was told not to fly by doctors. The second time I went back home to get some support raising my
new born child as I was struggling to look after my daughter, look after myself and to do house work, etc. hence I had decided
to spend couple of months with my parents to get some support. My child have severe eczema and we have letter confirming
that from NHS and my GP, as we were carrying lot of medicines during my second trip. My husband was with me for three
weeks and he came back to the UK to look after his business.

Now would I need to have a covering letter explaining my absences and the reason that we don't have any utility bill in our name.
Also any other suggestion would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance and thanks for all your help guys.

tom_hungston

Re: ILR for person on spouse visa

Post by tom_hungston » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:05 pm

Sorry I forgot to include, I have following as well
Passed certificate of Life in the UK
2 x my passport photos as per guideline by UKBA
1 x my husband's passport photo
1 x Set (M) completed form
1 x my husband's UK passport + photocopy of all pages including blank one
my two passports and their of each pages
1 x letter from my employer confirming my employment (my husband's company employs both of us as well as other employees)

Thank you once again guys.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:11 pm

Your husband will need to find something in his name showing your joint address for the missing 8 months of the 2 year period.
You haven't mentioned the Life in the UK and B1 English test certificates?
Absences won't be a problem but you should submit a letter explaining that you live with your parents-in-law who have all bills in their name.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

tom_hungston

Post by tom_hungston » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:30 pm

Casa wrote:Your husband will need to find something in his name showing your joint address for the missing 8 months of the 2 year period.
You haven't mentioned the Life in the UK and B1 English test certificates?
Absences won't be a problem but you should submit a letter explaining that you live with your parents-in-law who have all bills in their name.

Hi Casa,

Many thanks for your help. I don't have any letter in his name to show our address for that 6 months time as all of his credit card, phone bills, bank card etc, are set up for electronic billing.

Many Thanks

tom_hungston

Post by tom_hungston » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:08 pm

Any Guru's have any advice on what to do for missing 6 months evidence for cohab...?

Your help is always appreciated.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:30 pm

You can show birth certificate with both parents name on it.if your child was born in uk .hospital discharge letter .nhs card for. Oth u and your husband.
Gp letter which say that both you and your husband are register in surgery from ......."this much time on this ....... Address .it will be ok don't worry .but do make sure u have English test certificate or degree and life in uk pass notification

tom_hungston wrote:Any Guru's have any advice on what to do for missing 6 months evidence for cohab...?

ss

tom_hungston

Post by tom_hungston » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:33 pm

SSWSZ wrote:You can show birth certificate with both parents name on it.if your child was born in uk .hospital discharge letter .nhs card for. Oth u and your husband.
Gp letter which say that both you and your husband are register in surgery from ......."this much time on this ....... Address .it will be ok don't worry .but do make sure u have English test certificate or degree and life in uk pass notification

tom_hungston wrote:Any Guru's have any advice on what to do for missing 6 months evidence for cohab...?

Many thanks sswsz, I have life in uk pass certificate and degree certificate (this was used when I applied for FLR before coming to UK) and it was accepted and I didn't require to pass IELTS or other english language test.

I do have my daughter's birth certificate with both of our names on it, discharge letter + other hospital appointment letters, etc.
I am just worried for the rest of the 6 months as there is no way that I can prove on paper that we were living together in that 6 months period.

tom_hungston

Post by tom_hungston » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:14 pm

SSWSZ wrote:You can show birth certificate with both parents name on it.if your child was born in uk .hospital discharge letter .nhs card for. Oth u and your husband.

I also have one more question. Can I take my hubby and my child with us when we go to the PEO...? as my child will be
without me for several hours and my hubby can't manage changing nappies, etc.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:04 pm

Yes why not ,even i attend app with my hubby and 1 year old son.

They are asking for atleast 2 year proof .you can show like 1 bill for January 2013. And another for dec 2013 it will cover whole year don't panic you have enough proof I myself took 8 years proof and they didn't bother they are just checking your relationship and only 6 month out of 2 year doesn't proof that you are not in relationship .i just suggest take as many proofs as you can with you with different timings and you will get the visa inshaa Allah
ss

tom_hungston

Post by tom_hungston » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:42 pm

SSWSZ wrote:Yes why not ,even i attend app with my hubby and 1 year old son.

They are asking for atleast 2 year proof .you can show like 1 bill for January 2013. And another for dec 2013 it will cover whole year don't panic you have enough proof I myself took 8 years proof and they didn't bother they are just checking your relationship and only 6 month out of 2 year doesn't proof that you are not in relationship .i just suggest take as many proofs as you can with you with different timings and you will get the visa inshaa Allah

Many thanks SSWSZ, you know this forum is such a great to get support from. I have been using this forum for almost 8 years for any guidance and so far its great. I really appreciate your help and time.

tom_hungston

Post by tom_hungston » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:50 pm

Hello its me again :-( sorry for bombarding with so many questions.
as my husband is receiving child tax credits (some £20 a week) will this affect the outcome of my ILR application in any way...? We have declared this on the Set M form that my husband receives this money.

Many thanks

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:00 pm

I can't say anything because I never claim anything nor did my hubby.but I read on this forum that child benefit and child credit never have any effect on ILR .you can read this in topic claiming benefit.

tom_hungston wrote:Hello its me again :-( sorry for bombarding with so many questions.
as my husband is receiving child tax credits (some £20 a week) will this affect the outcome of my ILR application in any way...? We have declared this on the Set M form that my husband receives this money.

Many thanks
ss

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:51 pm

Child Tax credits must be claimed in joint names.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:39 am

Your husband is expected to attend the PEO appointment with you. In fact, if he's unable to be there you will need to submit a letter signed by him, explaining his absence. You can take your child with you.
(Casa, not CR001)

tom_hungston

Post by tom_hungston » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:05 pm

TO All Gurus on this Forum,

Just to let you know that we received ILR approved on the same day. We went to Croydon at 7:45am, parked opposite the lunar house in the car park. went to the office checked in at 8am, appointment time was 8:10am. after security we went to ticket counter, then got called in straight away, submitted all the documents and 5 minutes later got called in for fingerprints and waiting waiting waiting...... and guess what.....?

8:45am our ticket showed up on screen and been asked to go to collection window. and away you go. received the letter. was off the moon that it was all over and done with within 40 minutes of time. Was well chuffed.

THis forum is invaluable support to the member like myself and thousands of others. I would like to thank you for all your efforts and help that you guys have given to me.

God bless you all

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:02 am

Congratulations!
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mahomedf
Newly Registered

Post by mahomedf » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:08 pm

Hi tom_hungston,

I just read your story and i am in the same situation as you were in. If you can please share what documents you took with you when applying at the Premium Service would be much appreciated.

Regards

Mo