ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial Conditions for applying ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Naheel2013
Newly Registered

Financial Conditions for applying ILR

Post by Naheel2013 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:35 pm

Hello my name is Naheel. I have been in UK on spouse visa since April 2013. I was just concerned about few things regarding my extension of current visa into ILR.
1) what are the financial requirements as far as the sponsor is concerned. As in how much yearly income should the sponsor have?
2) my wife is my sponsor and a doctor by profession who has recently applied for a PHD. She will receive a monthly stipend as a student scholarship and this will be the case till at least April 2015 when I will be due for an extension of visa i.e indefinite leave to remain. I am concerned if I will be allowed ILR given the fact that my wife (British national), will be a student at that time rather than a paid hospital doctor. I am currently employed but my employment is contractual and my circumstances may change for better or worse.

Any words of wisdom from any one will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks