ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

britbanker

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by britbanker » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:53 pm

Jah_bless wrote:I would like to thank Almighty God Jehovah, the maker of all things and the provider of life for seeing me though all these years.
Today, i finally received my approval letter.
My application was made on 25th September 2013 and approval date was 18th Feb 2014.

I would like to thank also all for your support. My hopes and prayers are with those who are still waiting and who are yet to apply.
Thank you.

BRP waiting.
Congratulations mate, enjoy your freedom!

Only 2 outstanding September applications left on our skydrive now - keepwaiting and ellealicia! I hope you guys receive your good news soon and then we would have a 100% record for August and Sept back to back!

Nik
Application sent: 19/09/2013
Biometrics: 21/10/2013
Approval Letter + Docs: 18/02/2014
BRP Received: 19/02/2014
Duration: 4.833 months
https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... 6R3aFEbvZw

Fusow1965
Newly Registered

Post by Fusow1965 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:56 pm

I want to thank the moderators and all those who contributed to this very useful forum. I have been a silent reader for more than two years now and this forum has helped me quite a lot.

The timeline for my SET(LR) application is

Application sent: 23/10/13
Acknowledgement Received: 30/10/13
Biometric letter Received : 21/11/13
Biometric done: 27/11/13
ILR granted and all documents received by Royal mail: 19/02/14
Biometric Card received by DX : 19/02/14

10 years duration: 5 years as student (PhD), 2 years as PSW and 3 years on Tier 1 General.

It is a straight forward application with only 4 weeks absence from the UK.

Documents submitted: 2 X passports with all visas, Life in the UK, 10 year P60s and UKBA documents.

I wish good luck to all those waiting for their ILR. May ALLAH grant them their wishes soon. Amen.

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:21 pm

[/quote]

Congratulations buddy! you have received your ILR!! I told you that it would arrive in a few days :)

I received three pages with my documents, the first was the same "I am returning the enclosed passport and supporting documents.." which does NOT state anywhere whether your ILR has been approved.

Then the 2 other sheets (I attached a picture of the sheet in my previous post confirming that I received my ILR) which confusingly had the heading "THESE NOTES ARE FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AND DO NOT CONVEY THE GRANT OF ILR" but the paragraph underneath that heading stated "Your application for indefinite leave to remain in the UK has been approved. You will be sent a Biometric Residence Permit as confirmation of your indefinite leave to remain in the UK"

Its a little odd that you didnt receive the latter, but I think it may just be a case of the Home Office forgetting to include it with your documents. If your visa was refused, you would have gotten a letter which clearly specifies that it has been refused and why along with your documents. See Dypstar's post -

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... ml#p972339

Furthermore, the fact that you are receiving a new BRP indicates that your ILR has been approved, I would assume they would have returned our old BRP (if you still had valid leave to remain on your old visa) so that you could continue to live in the UK till the expiry of your previous visa.

I would like another expert to provide their opinion here and will watch your developments closely, but as far as my knowledge and understanding is concerned, you have been granted ILR and you will get your new BRP next week and your 10 year jail sentence is now over :mrgreen:

All the best for the future and good luck :)

Nik[/quote]

Hi Nik

Thanks for the reply. I didn't receive the old BRP with the documents. That had my leave to remain which was valid till July 2014. It appears that they have retained it. It's bizarre the letter doesn't say that your application has been approved. I find it strange that you have received it, some others too. I haven't not sure why or whether that is a genuine mistake. Some moderators or seniors can you please shed some light.

On the other hand, I phoned DX this morning and they said a package from HO is on it's way and I should have it on Monday.

What I don't understand how difficult is it for them to say explicitly that your application has been approved. Just doesn't make sense.
Let's see what Monday brings about.
Gryphon

keepwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by keepwaiting » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:25 pm

Jah_bless wrote:I would like to thank Almighty God Jehovah, the maker of all things and the provider of life for seeing me though all these years.
My application was made on 25th September 2013 and approval date was 18th Feb 2014.

I would like to thank also all for your support. My hopes and prayers are with those who are still waiting and who are yet to apply.
Thank you.

BRP waiting.

congrulation

keepwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by keepwaiting » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:27 pm

britbanker wrote:

Thank you.

BRP waiting.

Only 2 outstanding September applications left on our skydrive now - keepwaiting and ellealicia! I hope you guys receive your good news soon and then we would have a 100% record for August and Sept back to back!

Nik

Thanks Brit Banker.. I am still waiting

keepwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by keepwaiting » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:45 pm

Jah_bless wrote:All o/s including esmi. But aakkoo is completed.
What did you mean o/s including esm ?[/quote]

Hi Keepwaiting,

I'm not authorized to read private messages.
I'm so happy for those whose have received their ILR.
I'm still waiting
Application made on 25th September.[/quote]

Hi Jah Bless ;

Congratulations, All Bests..

I am still waiting...

shafmar

Post by shafmar » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:58 pm

I am still waiting as we'll

britbanker

Post by britbanker » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:06 pm

gryphon wrote:
Hi Nik

Thanks for the reply. I didn't receive the old BRP with the documents. That had my leave to remain which was valid till July 2014. It appears that they have retained it. It's bizarre the letter doesn't say that your application has been approved. I find it strange that you have received it, some others too. I haven't not sure why or whether that is a genuine mistake. Some moderators or seniors can you please shed some light.

On the other hand, I phoned DX this morning and they said a package from HO is on it's way and I should have it on Monday.

What I don't understand how difficult is it for them to say explicitly that your application has been approved. Just doesn't make sense.
Let's see what Monday brings about.
For all intents and purposes you have been granted your ILR as far as I am concerned, especially with DX confirming that your BRP is on its way.

I think the home office has just forgotten to include that letter of approval (doesn't surprise me one bit).. You're worrying over nothing so just relax :)

But I get where you're coming from mate, 10 years and 5 months of waiting for freedom does that to you, its made us all nervous wrecks!

Even days after receiving my visa I'm still coming to terms with my freedom lol, I mean its governed every aspect my life for the last decade... It hasn't truly sunk in that I am now free to live my life the way I want to and not be restricted... especially career wise.

The fact that you can't even enjoy finally being free after such a long wait, due to an obvious mistake on their part regarding the letter says it all really... The service has to improve!

Looking forward to your update on Monday mate, have a good weekend and try not to worry :)

Nik
Application sent: 19/09/2013
Biometrics: 21/10/2013
Approval Letter + Docs: 18/02/2014
BRP Received: 19/02/2014
Duration: 4.833 months
https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... 6R3aFEbvZw

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:49 am

britbanker wrote:

Nik
Out of these 2 outstanding application ellealicia is not an active member as she not visited forum since joining in December - she may well had her response by now. We should have a way of identifying such dormant users on skydrive.

Good luck keepwaiting - seems like you picked wrong user name :oops:

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:53 am

I won't be surprised if some November applications been released next week. Seems like they are going on average 4-5months timeline.

Waiting for my FOI request to understand their average time.

raaz0800
United Kingdom

Post by raaz0800 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:30 am

Assalamoalikum
FourtThe way home office working I perspersume mid march would be November applications. Please remember me in your prayers whoever read the post.
Raaz

raaz0800
United Kingdom

Post by raaz0800 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:31 am

Assalamoalikum
The way home office working I perspersume mid march would be November applications. Please remember me in your prayers whoever read the post.
Raaz

masud0174

Post by masud0174 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:07 am

Dear Sir,
If We send Two application SET(LR) and FLR(M) to HO, After Successful result of SET(LR), sould we have to send the copy of the ILR to HO for Approval of FLR(M) ? OR They will update and process FLR(M) automatically ?
FLR M OR FLR O

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:33 am

masud0174 wrote:Dear Sir,
If We send Two application SET(LR) and FLR(M) to HO, After Successful result of SET(LR), sould we have to send the copy of the ILR to HO for Approval of FLR(M) ? OR They will update and process FLR(M) automatically ?

There is no harm in sending a copy of approval letter and brP. It might just speed up process.

rwhizza
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rwhizza » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:48 am

Hi
I am due for my ILR in June. I have a few questions about my case. hope someone here can help.

. 5 years student visa, 2 year PW, 3 years Tier2.
. there is a gap of 5 days between expiry of my first visa and issue of second. This happened because I booked an appointment to extend my student visa and on the day I didn't have my original bank statement (only had a print out) and was told from Croydon PEO to book another appointment and bring the original Bank statement. I went back there in a weeks time and got my visa but in the meantime I overstayed 5 days. I am hoping It wouldn't break my 10 years continuous stay.
. I want to apply for SAR before application. does it help with the waiting time?
Thanks in Advance

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:15 pm

Some one here post the link which says if you apply within 28 days of your visa expiry it doesnot effect anyway
rwhizza wrote:Hi
I am due for my ILR in June. I have a few questions about my case. hope someone here can help.

. 5 years student visa, 2 year PW, 3 years Tier2.
. there is a gap of 5 days between expiry of my first visa and issue of second. This happened because I booked an appointment to extend my student visa and on the day I didn't have my original bank statement (only had a print out) and was told from Croydon PEO to book another appointment and bring the original Bank statement. I went back there in a weeks time and got my visa but in the meantime I overstayed 5 days. I am hoping It wouldn't break my 10 years continuous stay.
. I want to apply for SAR before application. does it help with the waiting time?
Thanks in Advance
ss

Muhammad1

Post by Muhammad1 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:13 pm

Hi everyone.
If anyone after 10 yrs ilr has recently been to any peo for their dependent ilr I mean setm or flrm plz share yr experience.it will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Mera-IR
Newly Registered

10 years long residence applications Set (ilr)

Post by Mera-IR » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:07 pm

Hi All,
Hope all are going well!
I would like to ask some questions about SET (ilr) application please. would be applying this March!
-This is a postal application and would like to ask wether all supporting documents need to be send with copies .I know about the passport and visa sections need to send the original and copies but how about the documents for the proof of living in the country for ten years e.g bills and council tax , etc..
- on the form version 10/13 there are some parts that are missing. It says that for postal orders go to question A19 and there is not any!? Also on page 24, G1 answer No and then it says go to section 6 for some reason! It is not section 7 as I understand that is for a different question.
- Any empty boxes that aren't applicable, do we leave them blank or require to put n/a for them please.

Thank you so much for your time

Kind regards

Mera
Last edited by Mera-IR on Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rsb68

Post by rsb68 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:10 pm

any body any advice
rsb68 wrote:Hi to every one.
Please advice
I am having following question in set (f) for my son who turn 18 years now.
Page 7
3.6 Will your sponsor be supporting you from his/her own money?
Yes or no
If so, what percentage of your total weekly or monthly finances will be provided by your sponsor?
.............%
3.7 Did your sponsor provide financial support to you while you were living in your home country? please provide documentary evidence of any financial support you received from your sponsor while you were living in your home country?

Yes No

Page 12
4.12 Please state what ties you have with;
• The country where you were born
• Any other country whose nationality you hold
• Any country where you have lived for more than 5 years

Umar09
Newly Registered

Post by Umar09 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:48 pm

I would like thank you all of the participants particularly the moderators and senior members for their contribution to this forum and helping others.

My SET(LR) application timeline is:

Application sent: 13/01/14
Ack & Biometric letters Received : 24/01/14
Biometric done: 27/01/14
Outcome: awaiting.............

A point is clicking to my head and I would like to share it with you guys and need your opinion. In September returning back from an overseas business trip, I had been asked a couple of questions by the immigration clearance officer at the immigration desk at airport in the UK. Q1) What is your visa status? A) I told her Tier1 Entrepreneur; Q2) you studied in the UK? A) Yes I have doctorate (PhD) from the University of............
Meanwhile she took my finger prints, also I showed her my visiting card and an ID card issued from a University where I have been working as a contract base researcher.
After this she advised me to have a seat and she needed to perform few more checks. She went into the office and came back after 4-5 minutes and handed me over my passport with entry clearance stampe saying thanks and apologizing for waiting. I didnt ask her anything and left but now I am thinking I had to ask her why she stopped me and what checks she performed. Do you have any idea what she did????? was that a normal routine???? is there any concern???? Should I apply for SAR to check if there is any note written on my immigration portfolio??????

It was first instance in my 10 years history that the immigration officer had to go inside the office ... I have no offense, no convictions......... nothing...............
just one thing coming into my mind that is I am on tier1 entrepreneur therefore she might checked business/company directorship etc....

I will be grateful for your comments..........

best regards
Dr

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:50 pm

Good LUCK all this fourm who still wating

I am still waiting for my BRP
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 58378.html

Jah_bless
Newly Registered

Post by Jah_bless » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:13 pm

esmsi wrote:Good LUCK all this fourm who still wating

Hello all, i received my BRP card today. I'm so happy. Esmsi hope you get your BRP this week.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:40 pm

Good luck

My status --Since DX failed to delivery my BRP saying I do not live the address .But royal mail delivery passport without any problem 2nd class tracked.I sent email on Thurday night to home office BRP unit and waiting for reply.
Jah_bless wrote:
esmsi wrote:Good LUCK all this fourm who still wating

Hello all, i received my BRP card today. I'm so happy. Esmsi hope you get your BRP this week.

shahjee12
Newly Registered

Post by shahjee12 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:20 am

Umar09 wrote:I would like thank you all of the participants particularly the moderators and senior members for their contribution to this forum and helping others.

A point is clicking to my head and I would like to share it with you guys and need your opinion. In September returning back from an overseas business trip, I had been asked a couple of questions by the immigration clearance officer at the immigration desk at airport in the UK. Q1) What is your visa status? A) I told her Tier1 Entrepreneur; Q2) you studied in the UK? A) Yes I have doctorate (PhD) from the University of............
Meanwhile she took my finger prints, also I showed her my visiting card and an ID card issued from a University where I have been working as a contract base researcher.
After this she advised me to have a seat and she needed to perform few more checks. She went into the office and came back after 4-5 minutes and handed me over my passport with entry clearance stampe saying thanks and apologizing for waiting. I didnt ask her anything and left but now I am thinking I had to ask her why she stopped me and what checks she performed. Do you have any idea what she did????? was that a normal routine???? is there any concern???? Should I apply for SAR to check if there is any note written on my immigration portfolio??????

It was first instance in my 10 years history that the immigration officer had to go inside the office ... I have no offense, no convictions......... nothing...............
just one thing coming into my mind that is I am on tier1 entrepreneur therefore she might checked business/company directorship etc....

best regards
Dr
Hi Umar,
I don't think you need to worry about any thing. As you rightly said that you have a clean history in this country, and that is what matters. God forbid if there would have been any problem, than she wouldn't have let you go. Obviously she took her time to check your details and when she was satisfied with the checks than she let you go. Every thing will be fine INSHALLAH. All the best.
Regards
Shah

Umar09
Newly Registered

Post by Umar09 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:19 am

shahjee12 wrote:
Umar09 wrote:I would like thank you all of the participants particularly the moderators and senior members for their contribution to this forum and helping others.

best regards
Dr
Hi Umar,
I don't think you need to worry about any thing. As you rightly said that you have a clean history in this country, and that is what matters. God forbid if there would have been any problem, than she wouldn't have let you go. Obviously she took her time to check your details and when she was satisfied with the checks than she let you go. Every thing will be fine INSHALLAH. All the best.
Regards
Shah
Shahjee many thanks for your time and giving me some sigh of relief.

Best wishes to all