ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it an issue not disclosing relative in UK apart from son?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

petrohead
Newly Registered

Is it an issue not disclosing relative in UK apart from son?

Post by petrohead » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:44 pm

Hello experts!

My parents have applied for a General Tourist Visa. I am on a work permit in the UK and will apply for ILR in 2015.

During their application they filled in the forms online as per the current procedure. On the bit where it asks for "family/friends in the UK" they have mentioned me - "Son" and they will be staying with me too. Now, there is a place where you can add more people who you know in the UK, which they missed or didnt feel the need to click on adding additional people they know. My dad's nephew is British and settled here however my dad did not enter his details. Will this cause a rejection of their application?

This only came to our notice when my dad got a call and he was asked who all he knew in the UK. He mentioned his nephew as he thought he should give all information when asked to the best of his knowledge. Now, on checking his application form I have realized that he did not mention that nephew in it, simply because he thought he had mentioned me and that was enough. The form does not specify or make it mandatory to give every single contact/famlymember/friend you have in the UK.

Now, how likely is it that they will use this to refuse their/his application? Will he be allowed to reapply if it is rejected?

Please share your views as I really want my parents to visit me!

Thank you - J B

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: Is it an issue not disclosing relative in UK apart from

Post by MPH80 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:59 pm

Might get refused - might not - really hard to say. It depends on whether the ECO sees the omission as material to their decision or not.

As for whether he can re-apply will depend on whether they regard the application as fraudulent as a result of not disclosing the relatives.

There's a flowchart here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... wchart.pdf

I'd come down under the suspicion that if they do regard the failure to declare as material - it won't fall under the '320(7)' 'fraudulent ban' rules.

M.

petrohead
Newly Registered

Re: Is it an issue not disclosing relative in UK apart from

Post by petrohead » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:21 pm

MPH80 wrote:Might get refused - might not - really hard to say. It depends on whether the ECO sees the omission as material to their decision or not.

As for whether he can re-apply will depend on whether they regard the application as fraudulent as a result of not disclosing the relatives.

There's a flowchart here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... wchart.pdf

I'd come down under the suspicion that if they do regard the failure to declare as material - it won't fall under the '320(7)' 'fraudulent ban' rules.

M.
Thanks, that instills a bit of faith in me. They are 60 plus and all I am trying to do is give them a nice little holiday. We have our dogs back home and also property to look after and they have no intention of making UK a permanent home!!! Hopefully it all goes well