ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Granted having drink driving conviction

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shoji147

ILR Granted having drink driving conviction

Post by shoji147 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:25 am

hi guys
one of my friends had a drink driving conviction which was spent but he still had to mention it on the form as per the new rules but he didnt mention it at all and no one even checked n granted him the ILR today.. I am happy for him dont get me wrong but if HO says mention all the convictions even if they become spent surely they must check them aswell or is it the case that if u say no in the form they dont bother checking it???

Any thoughts on this guys ??I am well surprised to know that after all the stress of rules it still comes down to the fact that saying no means they dont suspect ya...

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: ILR Granted having drink driving conviction

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:56 pm

So he will also not mention this in future when he apply for BC ? He playing with a fire and it's not finish yet

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... character/
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

shoji147

Post by shoji147 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:14 am

i m just saying about what is the suriry of then checking everything that was my confusion if he applies for BC in future can they actually cancel his ilr aswell then ?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:17 am

Technically they could for deception, even if not material. However, if it would not have caused a refusal that's unlikely.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.