ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Upper Tribunal Appeal Allowed.

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AceVenture

Upper Tribunal Appeal Allowed.

Post by AceVenture » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:34 pm

Hi All,

Had my UT Tribunal today.

Refusal reason at FTT was 0203 telephone no. prefix for an London Client.

The Presenting Officer from the Home Office tried to convince the judge to reconsider the desicion, but the Judge was good and didnt allowed it.

He has allowed the appeal.

ANy chance Home Office can challenge this desicion now ??? If yes what can they do now ??? What should I be ready for.

Regards

AceVenture.
There is more to life than adding speed to it !!

Princess of Ammi
- thin ice -

Re: Upper Tribunal Appeal Allowed.

Post by Princess of Ammi » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:32 pm

Home office still can challenge this in court of appeals but that is not relevant to not issuing you a visa, Home office(after this decision) would have to comply with court orders now however you are still under and subject to paragraph((h)genuineness) of the immigration rules that means you would have to stay involved in providing services and other relevant business activities specially this time and largely all the times.
thanks,

AceVenture

Post by AceVenture » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:38 pm

Thanks.

No worries. My business I'd up and running.

Just worried about Home office poking and dragging it unnecessarily further.

Regards
Princess of Ammi wrote:Home office still can challenge this in court of appeals but that is not relevant to not issuing you a visa, Home office(after this decision) would have to comply with court orders now however you are still under and subject to paragraph((h)genuineness) of the immigration rules that means you would have to stay involved in providing services and other relevant business activities specially this time and largely all the times.

Princess of Ammi
- thin ice -

Post by Princess of Ammi » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:46 pm

oh yeah this another thing to think about however below is the link... something new.if you are in need of making on any urgency you might want to do done by this applicant, it is however too early to do in your case if you do not have any urgent travel plans.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 57943.html
thanks,

AceVenture

Post by AceVenture » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:53 pm

Thanks !!!!

I am not that desperate. As long as I get the confirmation I will get it without any further delays and hurdles I am fine. Will focus on putting my business plans to perspective. Will wait for few weeks though.

:D

Princess of Ammi wrote:oh yeah this another thing to think about however below is the link... something new.if you are in need of making on any urgency you might want to do done by this applicant, it is however too early to do in your case if you do not have any urgent travel plans.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 57943.html

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:22 pm

congratulations and i doubt it they will drag it any further but again you never know as ukba is crazy.

regards
ILR Applied: 11-04-2014
Biometric Done: 01-05-2014
Approval Received: 20-08-2014 (Letter Dated: 18-08-2014)
BRP Received: 21-08-2014 (Valid from: 18-08-2014)

Alhamdulillah now enjoying my FREEDOM

Got British Passport December 2015

AceVenture

Post by AceVenture » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:36 pm

Thanks Rehan.

Yeah. As long as I don't get my BRP I won't trust them either.

:?:

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:47 pm

@ AceVenture, congratulations and all you have to do now is to relax and wait for your BRP.

If I remember your case very well, your refusal was base on the fact that caseworker thought the land-line no in London only start from 0207 & 0208? If my guess is right then HO should not have challenge the FTT decision in UT unless some over-zealous HOPO made the mistake of challenging the FTT decision and from my opinion, they wont challenge the UT decision again.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

AceVenture

Post by AceVenture » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:20 pm

Hi Olasunkanmi.

You are right , but it was the FTT Judge who dismissed it quoting the 0203 code.

So the HOPO was trying to convince the UT Judge to allow them to reconsider the case, in other words withdrawing the decision and going through all over again. It has been 12 months since i have applied. The judge refused the HOPO quoting that if you wanted to reconsider HO should have counter appealed it when the FTT made the decision. Had it been a nasty judge here it could have been worst. Luckily the Judge didnt allowed them and told them to defend the FTT decision only and allowed the appeal.

Dont know what are the chances now that HO can challenge it further ? Just wanna get out of this.

Olasunkanmi, A special thanks to you. You had been a great support whenever I needed.

Thanks.

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ AceVenture, congratulations and all you have to do now is to relax and wait for your BRP.

If I remember your case very well, your refusal was base on the fact that caseworker thought the land-line no in London only start from 0207 & 0208? If my guess is right then HO should not have challenge the FTT decision in UT unless some over-zealous HOPO made the mistake of challenging the FTT decision and from my opinion, they wont challenge the UT decision again.

sintiaatm

Post by sintiaatm » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:32 pm

@Aceventure
Hi. Congratulation.i have a quastion. Where was your first tier tribunal? My first tier tribunal judge allowed my visa request but the HO appeals against the decision. I want to know how long does it take to upper tribunal hearing?

AceVenture

Post by AceVenture » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:57 pm

My FTT was at Hatton Cross on 14th November which was dismissed. I got my decision in about 4 weeks. I applied for a UT appeal which was permitted and the hearing was fixed on 14th Feb 2014. So all in all it took 3 months between the two hearing dates.

Hope this helps you.
sintiaatm wrote:@Aceventure
Hi. Congratulation.i have a quastion. Where was your first tier tribunal? My first tier tribunal judge allowed my visa request but the HO appeals against the decision. I want to know how long does it take to upper tribunal hearing?

sintiaatm

Post by sintiaatm » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:39 pm

Its very long time :( I applied on december 2012 and still no result. I dont know if i wait for the UT or make a new application. I take a letter just last week that the home office want to challange and no news after that. Im very confused.

kkadiya
Newly Registered

Post by kkadiya » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:31 pm

hi
did you get any reply from upper tribunal. how long take to get letter

sintiaatm

Post by sintiaatm » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:17 am

Hi. I dont get anything yet. I dont know how long does it take to get letter. I have got just a letter state that the HO wants to challenge againsg the decision. Nothing else.what theyll do now?? Im waiting for second letter.do they mention the UT date in the second letter?