ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CB + DLA affect spouse's ILR?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MVP
Newly Registered

CB + DLA affect spouse's ILR?

Post by MVP » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:06 am

Hello Team / All,

Please forgive me if someone has asked the same query before,

Background: My husband is settled working full-time (ILR granted on Nov 2012) and I am a spouse on FLR from Nov 2012 on maternity leave. we have a child as of July 2013 in UK.

Question: will my ILR application be affected because my husband (Settled) is claiming CB + DLA(for our child) ?

the application form SET(M) under the Section 8 - Your home and finances, it states that "you must provide evidence that your partner is able to adequately maintain you and any dependents in the UK without recourse to public funds"

I have a PEO appointment booked and fees paid in advance for 26th Feb 2014 for ILR application,

your urgent reply would humbly be appreciated.

Many thanks
MVP

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: CB + DLA affect spouse's ILR?

Post by Amber » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:24 am

No, it will not.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

MVP
Newly Registered

Post by MVP » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:27 pm

Amber, Hi,

Many thanks for your reply.

apologies if I come across as a daft, but the wordings on the section 8 is making me confuse and kind of gives me the impression that my partner should not be claiming any benefits from public funds.
SET(M)-Section 8 whole.jpg
SET(M)-Section 8 whole
SET(M)-Section 8 whole.jpg (103.65 KiB) Viewed 496 times
Does that mean, I shall tick "YES" against the 'Are you or your partner receiving any
public funds?
' and fill out the amount of benefit against "my partner" ? (please see attached image)

Please advise,

Many thanks
MVP

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:31 pm

I think my answer was clear. Yes tick yes and state DLA and ChB.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.