ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP Transfer Query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LondonGuy

WP Transfer Query

Post by LondonGuy » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:38 pm

Hi

I have few questions on Transfer of Work permit.

I am working for Company A on WP and got a job with Company B who is ready to sponsor my WP.

1.After getting the WP approval for company B, How long can I work for company A?
2.After getting the WP approval for company B, can I start working for company B after serving notice period of Company A without getting the FLR(ID) stamped?
3.How much time I have to get the FLR (ID) stamped for the company B?
4.If FLR (ID) is not stamped for company B, can I go out of UK based on the FLR (ID) stamped for company A and come back to UK?
5.Does anybody know whether it may be possible that my FLR (ID) can be rejected for company B? Should I start job with company B after getting the FLR (ID) stamped?

If anybody can share his experience of WP transfer and let me know when I should resign from the current job as I am really scared if there is any problem. Please help me out.

Minhua Ma
Newly Registered

Re: WP Transfer Query

Post by Minhua Ma » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:14 am

If you're a WP holder currently, after getting the new WP approval for company B, you can start working for company B while you are waiting for the FLR decision. But you have to apply FLR either before the current leave to remain expires or within 6 months of the new WP approval date, whichever is ealier.

To be cautious, I'd strongly suggest you not to resign before you get FLR based on your new WP (at least not before you get the new WP). If you have to let your current line manager know in order to get his reference, you'd better emphasize that that is Not a resign and ask him to keep it to himself if possible.

I am in the same boat as you at the moment. I made a mistake by resigning immediately after I received the job offer. Now I am restless, waiting for my new Work permit. And I heard that recently Home office is tighten work permit to restrict immigration. My work permit application has been sent out for 3 weeks. I still haven't heard anything. I am very nervous since my current job will finish soon.

So be very cautious, you cannot take anything for granted when dealing with home office!
LondonGuy wrote:Hi

I have few questions on Transfer of Work permit.

I am working for Company A on WP and got a job with Company B who is ready to sponsor my WP.

1.After getting the WP approval for company B, How long can I work for company A?
2.After getting the WP approval for company B, can I start working for company B after serving notice period of Company A without getting the FLR(ID) stamped?
3.How much time I have to get the FLR (ID) stamped for the company B?
4.If FLR (ID) is not stamped for company B, can I go out of UK based on the FLR (ID) stamped for company A and come back to UK?
5.Does anybody know whether it may be possible that my FLR (ID) can be rejected for company B? Should I start job with company B after getting the FLR (ID) stamped?

If anybody can share his experience of WP transfer and let me know when I should resign from the current job as I am really scared if there is any problem. Please help me out.

LondonGuy

Post by LondonGuy » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:46 am

Thanks for your reply Minhua Ma.

It means that once WP transfer request is approved by the home office then I can serve a 1 month notice to my current employer and after 1 month start working for new employer based on the new WP approval.

Now for FLR(IED) stamping I can apply leter on. I think it should be ok. As if I wait for the FLR(IED) stamping then it will be too as I have to serve a 1 month notice period also.

I am really not able to decide whether i should resign after getting the FLR stamping or before that. If FLR stamping is rejected by home office then I think my old FLR will be invalid and I have to go back :(

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:23 pm

LondonGuy wrote: It means that once WP transfer request is approved by the home office then I can serve a 1 month notice to my current employer and after 1 month start working for new employer based on the new WP approval.
There is no such thing as WP transfer in the UK
LondonGuy wrote:I am really not able to decide whether i should resign after getting the FLR stamping or before that. If FLR stamping is rejected by home office then I think my old FLR will be invalid and I have to go back :(
Ur old FLR will not be invalid but I would suggest you wait for your FLR to be accepted before you resign.