ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to provide evidence of exercising treaty rights?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

natstar
Newly Registered

Do I need to provide evidence of exercising treaty rights?

Post by natstar » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:09 am

Hi,
I am about to apply for naturalisation. I have lived here since 1999 and have been an EEA Family Member since 2003. I applied and received ILR in August 2010. I am finally getting around to applying for naturalisation and was looking at the FAQ and just would like to clarify something please?
As I have had ILR for over a year am I right in thinking I do not have to provide evidence of exercising treaty rights? (as I did this prior to ILR application in 2010)
So I would just send in my ILR document?
I posted before with other questions but did not get a response so will now post one question at a time
Thankyou

joy2006

Re: Do I need to provide evidence of exercising treaty right

Post by joy2006 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:43 pm

nastar - you don't have to fill in this information if you have held your PR for over a year. My case was exactly like yours and I was advised on this forum not to fill in this section as I had PR for 1.5 years. I never got any problems with my application approval. So don't fill in this section as you have had your PR since 2010.

Any other questions, keep posting them and I will help where I can coz I was also family member of EEA national before I obtained my British Citizenship so most of your queries regarding filling the AN form, I can help with. Hope this helps

natstar
Newly Registered

Post by natstar » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:05 am

joy2006 wrote:nastar - you don't have to fill in this information if you have held your PR for over a year. My case was exactly like yours and I was advised on this forum not to fill in this section as I had PR for 1.5 years. I never got any problems with my application approval. So don't fill in this section as you have had your PR since 2010.

Any other questions, keep posting them and I will help where I can coz I was also family member of EEA national before I obtained my British Citizenship so most of your queries regarding filling the AN form, I can help with. Hope this helps

Thankyou Joy2006

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:14 pm

Hi Guys.

I am in the same boat as you guys.

although i did not applied for EEA3 & EEA4

Do you mind listing all the documents you accompanied your application ?

The List i have so far is

2 photos
Completed application form
Payment Form
Referees
My Original Passport (Pakistani) showing my EEA family permit. valid for 5 years
Payslips for 5 years
P60s
Letter from HMRC as i have been self employed in last 6 months.

have i missed anything ?

I was thinking of including a covering letter with a brief explanation of all the 5 years and the history explaining all ?

what are your thoughts ?
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:52 pm

runie80 wrote:Hi Guys.

I am in the same boat as you guys.

although i did not applied for EEA3 & EEA4

Do you mind listing all the documents you accompanied your application ?

The List i have so far is

2 photos
Completed application form
Payment Form
Referees
My Original Passport (Pakistani) showing my EEA family permit. valid for 5 years
Payslips for 5 years
P60s
Letter from HMRC as i have been self employed in last 6 months.

have i missed anything ?

I was thinking of including a covering letter with a brief explanation of all the 5 years and the history explaining all ?

what are your thoughts ?
Unless divorced, what you did (self employment) is irrelevant to the application. Evidence of the EEA national activities for 5 continuous years is required. You also need to provide the EEA national passport.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:48 pm

Hi Jambo.

I am still happily married.
My wife worked for 5 years and 5 months. Before leaving the job to take care of our new born. She applied for WRS which was granted. She has all the payslips and paperwork to prove her employment. She also have her passport which is no problem at all.

I worked for 6 years and have all my payslips.

Hope that's fine?

Anything else? I am just worried as I want to be over and done with this thing.
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.