ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP(RC)Application Processing Time

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aj_rav
Newly Registered

BRP(RC)Application Processing Time

Post by aj_rav » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:56 pm

Hi
I had lost my Indian Passport and BRP cards on my visit to Barcelona, Spain in Dec'2013. After a lengthy, nerve-recking and stressful process, I was able to get a stamp on my passport at the British Embassy in Madrid to come back to the UK after a fairly smooth process at the INDIAN EMBASSY in Madrid for getting a replacement passport(suprisingly! :shock: )

Now I am applying for the replacement BRP cards for myself and my wife. Could you please share the processing time for this application in this forum for your respective BRP(RC) applications?

Application Made - 6th Jan 2014
Acknowledgement Received - 9th Jan 2014. Letter dated 7th Jan 2014.
Biometric Scan Request - Waiting
Biometric Scan - Waiting
Documents Returned Date - Waiting
BRP received Date - Waiting

natisanga

Re: BRP(RC)Application Processing Time

Post by natisanga » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:19 pm

Hi
I an onthe same situation and just applied for the replacement.
Have you heard anything? I will post dates as I know.
THan ks

aj_rav06
Newly Registered

Post by aj_rav06 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:43 pm

aj_rav wrote:Hi
I had lost my Indian Passport and BRP cards on my visit to Barcelona, Spain in Dec'2013. After a lengthy, nerve-recking and stressful process, I was able to get a stamp on my passport at the British Embassy in Madrid to come back to the UK after a fairly smooth process at the INDIAN EMBASSY in Madrid for getting a replacement passport(suprisingly! :shock: )

Now I am applying for the replacement BRP cards for myself and my wife. Could you please share the processing time for this application in this forum for your respective BRP(RC) applications?

Application Made - 6th Jan 2014
Acknowledgement Received - 9th Jan 2014. Letter dated 7th Jan 2014.
Biometric Scan Request - 20th Jan 2014. Letter dated 16th Jan 2014.
Biometric Scan - 20th Jan 2014 at Post Office.
Documents Returned Date - Waiting
BRP received Date - Waiting

dendenden
Newly Registered

Post by dendenden » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:34 am

i assume that you had either Tier1 or 2.

did your BRP replacement visa had a note on it saying that "employement prohibited" ?

did you not work when you got back to the UK until the card was reissured ?or did you (or your employer) confirmed via UKBA that your right to work is not affected ?

I lost my BRP for tier 1 general when i was travelling as a tourist. after spending a couple of days trying to figure out what to do, I decided to go to my home country once a realised that i may need to wait quite long for the replacement BRP visa. It was a wise decision as the processs took more than 2 weeks. Now i have my visa but i am concerned that it says "employement prohibited". ı am utterly shocked because I had Tier1 prior to losing the card.

please help!