ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few Questions, SET O form ???

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fabercastel

Few Questions, SET O form ???

Post by fabercastel » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:24 am

Hello, Thank you all for your time in providing your feedback. I am applying for ILR in couple of weeks and I have some questions related to SETO form.

I am on a 5 year Tier 1, planning to apply for ILR next month.

- Initial tier 1 granted 01/04/2009 (applied tier 1 outside UK)
- Came to UK on 06/04/2009
- Renewed tier 1 (after 3 years) - 29/02/2012
- 5 year visa expiry - 01/04/2014
- ILR appointment booked - 06/03/2014

a) Booked the appointment on 6th of march 2014. I am hoping its within the 28 days rule ?

b) Pg. 26 , Qn. A6 : You should input your earnings into the Tier 1 (General) points based calculator and provide your
total earning claimed in the box below:

- Say if I am earning 45K + , do I enter the actual salary or just the category mentioning £40,000+ ? I am guessing its the category but thinking either can equally be valid

c) P27: Qn A7 : My initial Tier 1 was granted in 2009, renewed in 2012. So in 2 blocks which block I need to choose, do I need to go with before 6 of April 2010 or after 6th of April 2010. I am guessing my initial tier application and thought of choosing 40K + in block 1 but if I consider my renewal date which is after 6th of April 2010 (02/2012), then I will fall in the next block and I would have to choose more detailed salary range where in I will be getting just 30 points. In my application I have worked out based on my initial tier 1 date which is 2009 and chosen from the 1st block. I hope I am correct. Please could someone clarify this.

d) in this 5 year period, the 1 st year I didn't had a permanent position and was on and off employment, But I kept on applying 100's of jobs and I have all the proof from my email throughout that period. After 2010 until now I have continuous permanent employment. Will the visa officials question me why i didn't had a job for a long period in year 1, do I need to take the proof that i have applied throughout the period. Does this break the settlement in anyway. It was peak of recession (2009) and my specialization was hardly hit because only few projects rolled over. I sponsored myself during that recession period, never had any public benefits, kept applying for jobs, i tried my best during that period to land in a permanent job. Please could you provide your opinion on this?

Thank you for your time in going over my query and i greatly appreciate your time in providing your valuable feedbacks.

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Few Questions, SET O form ???

Post by ScopeD » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:48 am

fabercastel wrote:Hello, Thank you all for your time in providing your feedback. I am applying for ILR in couple of weeks and I have some questions related to SETO form.

I am on a 5 year Tier 1, planning to apply for ILR next month.

- Initial tier 1 granted 01/04/2009 (applied tier 1 outside UK)
- Came to UK on 06/04/2009
- Renewed tier 1 (after 3 years) - 29/02/2012
- 5 year visa expiry - 01/04/2014
- ILR appointment booked - 06/03/2014

a) Booked the appointment on 6th of march 2014. I am hoping its within the 28 days rule ?
Based on the days calculator, yes. http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd ... &aw=&ad=28
fabercastel wrote:b) Pg. 26 , Qn. A6 : You should input your earnings into the Tier 1 (General) points based calculator and provide your
total earning claimed in the box below:

- Say if I am earning 45K + , do I enter the actual salary or just the category mentioning £40,000+ ? I am guessing its the category but thinking either can equally be valid
Immediately below A6, there is a little box in which you are required to enter the total earnings claimed based on your payslips/bank statements or other suitable evidence as summarised in A5 above it. In A7, you are required to "confirm points being claimed for total earnings". Tick the box that represents your earned income.
fabercastel wrote:c) P27: Qn A7 : My initial Tier 1 was granted in 2009, renewed in 2012. So in 2 blocks which block I need to choose, do I need to go with before 6 of April 2010 or after 6th of April 2010. I am guessing my initial tier application and thought of choosing 40K + in block 1 but if I consider my renewal date which is after 6th of April 2010 (02/2012), then I will fall in the next block and I would have to choose more detailed salary range where in I will be getting just 30 points. In my application I have worked out based on my initial tier 1 date which is 2009 and chosen from the 1st block. I hope I am correct. Please could someone clarify this.
Your Tier 1 was granted under the rules in place before 6 April 2010.
fabercastel wrote:d) in this 5 year period, the 1 st year I didn't had a permanent position and was on and off employment, But I kept on applying 100's of jobs and I have all the proof from my email throughout that period. After 2010 until now I have continuous permanent employment. Will the visa officials question me why i didn't had a job for a long period in year 1, do I need to take the proof that i have applied throughout the period. Does this break the settlement in anyway. It was peak of recession (2009) and my specialization was hardly hit because only few projects rolled over. I sponsored myself during that recession period, never had any public benefits, kept applying for jobs, i tried my best during that period to land in a permanent job. Please could you provide your opinion on this?

Thank you for your time in going over my query and i greatly appreciate your time in providing your valuable feedbacks.
Not a requirement.

fabercastel

Re: Few Questions, SET O form ???

Post by fabercastel » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:53 am

Thank you very much for your answers (ScopeD) and for your time.