ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on ID used for KOL Test

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

utopia
Newly Registered

Question on ID used for KOL Test

Post by utopia » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:07 pm

Hi Guys,

I had used my Tier 1 BRP card as a proof of identification when I had taken my Life in the UK Test last year as part of my ILR application. When ILR was granted to me, the case worker destroyed the old Tier 1 BRP card and later, of course, the new IRL BRP card was sent to me by post.

Now I am due to apply for British citizenship and going through the list of documents required by the NCS, I find the following:

"Provide the identification used when you took the Knowledge of Life in UK test"

Do I just submit my current (ILR) BRP card or a copy of my old (Tier 1) BRP card or both? Also, do you think I should explain why the original (Tier 1) BRP card is missing?

Regards

Utopia

4uvak000

Re: Question on ID used for KOL Test

Post by 4uvak000 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:57 pm

You do not have the old card anyway. Send a new one and explain everything in covering letter. They should have this info in their system, but make it easier for them - explain.