ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET O APPLIED in JAN-Feb 14' at PEO CROYDON

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zeee123

SET O APPLIED in JAN-Feb 14' at PEO CROYDON

Post by zeee123 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:30 pm

Hi All,

Has anyone out there applied for ILR in January and given further enquiries letter???

I applied with 3 dependents(Wife + 2 Kids) at croydon on 27th January having completed Tier 1 General 5 years in this country(although i have been here since September 2003) as company director with all the relevant docs but i was given a letter on the day saying they need to do further enquiries and i was told by CW to expect to hear from them in few weeks.

But as of today almost end of 4th week, i haven't heard anything from them.

If someone has any idea as to how long can it take for them to get back to me or what actually involves in "further enquiries", ill appreciate the response.

Many thanks

sankadel
Newly Registered

Re: SET O APPLIED in JAN-Feb 14' at PEO CROYDON

Post by sankadel » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:11 pm

Dear Zeee123,
Did you receive any letter from case worker asking for more documents in regards to your ILR application. Did you go for your Biometrics on same day when you went for PEO appointment?

zeee123

Post by zeee123 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:32 pm

Hello,

No further communication since the day I went to peo appointment at Croydon. Yes, biometrics happened the same day and I was told that application is valid.

All the docs were complete as no other docs were requested neither on the day not in the last 4 weeks of waiting.

This is quite annoying when u have paid almost £5k for fees and all the response that u get is that application is in progress with no time scales and no contact.

I don't know how long more I have to wait before I get any reply or communication from HO.

Tc

ilrtier1genral

Post by ilrtier1genral » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:10 am

Hi Zeee123,

Sorry to hear that your application has been held with no response till now for a PEO application, I can understand how you might have been feeling after all this but can you share some of the facts with your applications so that we can know why you have been treated like this by HO. Few questions are

1. Can you list the documents which you have submitted along with your application?

2. When you said you are a company director since last 5 years are you upto date with your tax matters like what you have disclosed to HO in your previous applications matches with companies house and HMRC for personal and corporation taxes.

3. Was there any other issue you think that might effect your application?

And When you are here since 2013 why have you not applied for long stay ILR cause you would be eligible for that in 2013 itself?

Thanks

zeee123

Post by zeee123 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:32 am

Hello,

Yes i have supplied personal & business bank statements(12 months), Accountant letter & Invoice Summary, Invoices for all the clients for the past 12 months & receipts for last 12 months with additional contracts with clients, dividend vouchers & payslips 12 months.

The HO, Company House & HMRC do match for last 2 years but there r some discrepancies in the year before considering the fact that the company formulated in late 2010 so i hope that not a major set back there.

Paid corporation tax for the last 2 years with 3rd year due in few months time.

Also the wait was only thing i didn't go for ILR on Long residency as it can take upto 6months so i thought lets just take the faster route and get it all sorted on the same day with wife & 2 kids; but fate had other ideas ! Still waiting with no communication.

Having said that, i have received a survey request questionnaire from UKBA on Friday evening saying that, "having recently received a decision on your would you please complete the attached questionnaire", this may also be found at the bottom of your decision letter.

But amazingly i haven't received any communication or decision at all so i don't know whether this survey email request was an automated error or i don't know what.

If anyone has any idea please share as to when do these email come to you. Before or after the decision or this has no time related importance at all, and can be sent out to anyone applying for PEO at any time after applying. I'm confused.

ilrtier1genral

Post by ilrtier1genral » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:22 pm

I think that survey questionnaire is just a normal email for everyone who booked premium appointment like we get it when life in uk test is booked.

When you say the discrepancies in one of the year is this the one which you applied for tier1 extension?

As far as I know HO will be only concerned about the documents which you have submitted during your previous applications and they cross check from their records.

Best of luck

zeee123

Post by zeee123 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:42 pm

thanks mate... wait continues

fn286

Post by fn286 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:09 pm

Hi Zeee123,

I know your frustration. You just got unfortunate.

Did the CW ask for any documents that you couldn't provide at the time? Any questions that you couldn't answer?

If they didn't ask any documents or any questions, any enquiries in 4 weeks... then H

fn286

Post by fn286 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:13 pm

Hi Zeee123,

I know your frustration. You just got unfortunate.

If they didn't ask any documents or any questions, any enquiries in 4 weeks... then HO just trying to delay and waste as much time as possible otherwise they would've approached you by now. You will get decision for approval soon, this is my gut feeling only. I think HO do this too people with dependents. when they cannot refuse, they delay.

Did the CW ask for any documents that you couldn't provide at the time? Any questions that you couldn't answer? The discrepancies you referred..were they in your SATR, NI or Corporation tax??

thanks.

zeee123

Post by zeee123 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:05 pm

Hello fn286,

I think they just don't care about the fact that ppl pay thousands of £££s for fees and being being authoritative organisations, they just using the power to delay the application with no reasonable excuse.

CW didn't ask for any more docs and said your application is valid and we don't need any more docs ash we will be in touch in few weeks which is an absolute lie as more than 4 weeks have gone by and no contact or communications whatsoever.

Just spoke to customer service to see if they have any update but they are saying ur application is in progress and just wait and can't elaborate the situation any further.

On the day i remember when i submitted my docs and waited inside, CW called me ash asked for receipts and invoices for the which i then gave him and he was in such a panic that as i was giving him those papers he said my senior case worker is waiting and you are taking so long please hurry up, its been almost 10 minutes hurry up.....

i wonder what are they bound by when i was only making his work easier for him by giving him everything he asked for.

But going back to ur questions,

there wasn't anything he asked me that i couldn't answer and slight discrepancies happened not with HO but with HMRC which later got rectified by paying corporation tax but nothing that depicts that i lied with HO or anything in my application neither this time nor in the last extension.

I don't pay NI as an employee working for my company as i withdraw min salary that is exempt of NI being within yearly Allowance of £7545 etc.

Also i checked with customer service about the email i received about the surgery that normally comes once u receive the decision but he said just ignore that as emails can be generated automatically and must be an error. huh!!!!

Thats the story so far. Wait continues
thanks

chowkal

Post by chowkal » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:20 pm

Hi,
I know its frutrating mate, sorry to say, you have to just wait. hope they will get back soon.

zeee123

Post by zeee123 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:32 pm

Thanks chowkal, I hope it arrives soon and they don't take 6months to contact back.

Thanks

fn286

Post by fn286 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:43 pm

HI Zeee123...

You did the biggest mistake of not registering with PAYE even if you were drawing a salary below threshold... I wish you would've consulted on this forum or right people around you... big mistake ... its so unfortunate... after change in rules HO are killing people...

CW are uneducated... college studies or below... drink alcohol that already killed most of their neurons ..all they know is guidelines and papers... they don't use brains...

It was so easy to register with PAYE...you just have to report a salary...no matter what amount... if you're applying as limited company director this is a must.... must .... clearly HMRC employment history will not show your employment as limited company because you never reported any salary to HMRC... I use to be a limited company director but no longer managing my company since last year when I got a professional job...so I'm applying as employed person for ILR.. there is no surety for me either that my case will be easy but I haven't seen any case for rejection in a situation like me (i.e. Tier 1 (g) extension as limited company director but ILR as salaried person)... I have issues with the corporation tax as well... and closed my company... anyways... let's see....

I would suggest...you register PAYE... don't pay NI.... but still register... get the Employment history (that shows past employments) and then send a copy of that letter to HO with the reference to your application...but again this my suggestion.... I just hope you don't have to do all this and you get your approval... but I have a feeling HO is digging deep in your case and papers..

All the best....

Thanks.

zeee123

Post by zeee123 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:35 pm

Hello fn286,

I understand ur point of view fully but I consulted my accountant before hand and he advised me not to it as I declared salary and dividends in self assessment i.e personal self assessment. Also filed corporation tax for the company by registering separately.

Now I don't know how are HO going to look at this case and through which perspective but I'll talk to my accountant again regarding points you have mentioned.

I'm sure either they are digging deep as not contact has been made so far or the file is just lying around without anyone had any look at it and someone also told me that if it's not decided on the same day then apparently it goes to the postal application timescales. I don't know how much truth is in this.
But there's bound to be something happening out of ordinary as no contact has been made with me nor any of my clients.

Thanks for ur viewpoint and I only found out about this forum the day I came back from HO...shame!!!

Well all I can do is hope for the best!

fn286

Post by fn286 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:21 pm

Dear Zeee123

Accountants are educated but I consider them uneducated idiots. And it's not their fault and they don't have to know about the world outside numerics.

When you did so much I wish you would've completed this PAYE thing as well. You would've thrown this HMRC letter on CW's face and came home happy with approval.

As per HMRC rules, you should register with PAYE no matter what but its not a must when you draw a salary lower than the threshold for tax or NI.

My understanding and gut feeling is ... if you're non-EU migrant (even you're educated, speak better english and better than EU) .. first aim of HO is to reject your ILR and kick you out of UK. Each CW dreams every night and they see you sitting on a plane back home. If they can't refuse you're visa then they aim to delay it and get you in trouble so that you spend all the pennies left in your acocunt on solicitors and accountants.

It's unfortunate but its the ground reality. They know by now they can't reject you as HMRC verification must have been completed. Your file is biting the dust (you will notice dust marks when you're documents will be returned) but this will be a positive things and your only hope that your visa is not rejected.

Thanks.

zeee123

Post by zeee123 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:44 pm

Hello fn286,

I would sincerely like to side you but having checked with accountant and on my own research with HMRC, if u r the only shareholder in the company and being director of the company, its not mandatory as u said its not must that u should have ur PAYE scheme set up. But u r right may be if i had this on the day, things might have turned out differently. Also one more thing CW asked me was the Accountant's letter to say if he was registered with HO approved list or something, that my accountant never provided on the first place.

Although i did ask him about that letter initially but he said I've put my registration number on the letter headed paper.

But overall i still can't get it that what on heck they are waiting on to check any verification would have been completed by now if they had received all the docs they needed on the same day.

Wait continues!!!!!!!!!!!

fn286

Post by fn286 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:36 am

Hi Zeee123,

Yes HO started this new shit on accountant registration letter thing although I guess they can check it online themselves...this is not a big deal.. and Yes it is not mandatory to register PAYE and same is mentioned in the first para on HMRC website...but CWs are dumb... PAYE clears the doubt and doesn't give HO a chance to delay the decision. The delay application giving this reason and checks and verification takes time.

It is wise to carry all documents... and present in a way that CW doesn't bother to ask more questions...

Thanks.

zeee123

Post by zeee123 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:48 am

Hi fn286,
Yes, I know only if i had known about this forum and did some research before hand, things might have turned out differently.

All they want is the application and evidence in a sort of order where they have to do minimal effort to organise or look for anything, but let see how long more they keep me on hold.

Just spoken to contact centre again and same generalise answer that your application is in process of being verified.huh!!!

I think it will be around 8-10 weeks before i would hear back from them and it has only been 4 weeks so far. I think what happens is that if they ask for further docs, case stay with the CW and doesn't get passed onto the senior CW and as soon as you provide them with that additional doc, they process your application and done. But when it gets passed onto senior CW, then all these checks & verification gets involved and ultimately prolongs the time it takes to get the decision.

Anyways thanks

zeee123

Post by zeee123 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:37 pm

Anyone applied in Jan 14' at PEO and was deferred on the day with decision pending.

Please share ur experiences and if u have received your decision, kindly share your timelines.

Many thanks

P.S; I applied with 3 dependants from Tier 1(5 yrs) to ILR Set (O), and have not heard after the day we went for same day premium service and still waiting >>>>>

1unicorn
Newly Registered

Post by 1unicorn » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:29 pm

I applied at Croydon PEO on the 28th Feb for set (M) and also received a 'further enquiries' letter from them.

The case worker said she checked my case, everything looks fine, there is nothing to worry about, they just need to do some further investigation about it. She wouldnt tell me what is needed to be checked, didnt ask for any additional documents either. All she said was to ask me not to worry as sometimes it happens. She doesnt know when will i be able to receive a decision, there seems to have no way to find out apart from waiting. It is frustrating as the whole point of paying a premium service is to get a same day decision.

My husbans is also self-employed with him being the company director. He didnt pay NI either. I am not sure if this is why my case got held. Have you tried to send them fax or use any way of contacting them yet? It is only a week for me but it is very annoying not to know the result.

zeee123

Post by zeee123 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:53 pm

Hello unicorn,

I can fully understand your position as i myself a victim of this delay so far. As u r aware i applied on 27th January with exactly the same scenario. CW told me that it will take few weeks and ur application is valid so not sure what to expect.

Also i have tried contacting them on numerous occasions via phone but all they say is that ur application is under processes.

I havent faxed them or anything else.

And NI issue is not there as its not mandatory for a company director if he's 100% shareholder of the company and withdraws less than yearly allowance of salary so I'm not worried about that.

Lastly all we can do is wait unless there is someone out there went through this same process and shed some light on waiting time.

Good Luck!

zeee123

Post by zeee123 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:19 pm

Hello unicorn,

I fully understand your position at this frustrating time. Im in the same boat with my 3 dependants since 27th Jan this year. They said exactly the same thing to me and didn't require any further docs. He said it will take few weeks and your application is valid and we don't need anything else.

Now i don't understand what involves in this Further Enquiries bit. I have been waiting for past 6 weeks with no communication at all.

As far as the NI is concerned, its not mandatory to pay NI if u r 100% shareholder and company director and withdraw less than the annual taxable salary, which i did. So don't worry about that.

Could u details the docs u provided with ur application and was there any discrepancies in tax in respect of declaring with HO & HMRC?

Also i have tried ringing them on numerous occasions on 08706067766 number but they would just tell u that ur application is under process and still incomplete.

I am as frustrated as u r so fingers crossed, theres not a long wait!!!

Yash001

Post by Yash001 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:27 pm

Read the post mentioned in the below URL

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 09128.html

this might give some options to find the status of your application. You can contact your local MP also for the same

zeee123

Post by zeee123 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:44 pm

Hello Yash,

Thanks for sharing the thread with us. I have just sent an email over to my MP with my case details. let see how this progresses now. Its just frustrating and out of order to delay applications which are valid and taking such a long time for verifications.

I have also sent the same email to parliamentary ombudsman to see their response but having read their advice on their website, they required me to contact my Local MP at initial stage which i did earlier.

Lets see how long more i have to wait.....!!!!!!!

zeee123

Post by zeee123 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:36 pm

Hi all,

I was thinking of going to a route of involving local MP into getting the process speed up.

Having waited for 6 weeks for after given further enquiries letter, I am thinking that wait could possibly turn from weeks into months and it's better to act fast rather than waiting n then so something.

Please share if someone has asked an MP to check on his behalf and also if there's has been any success.

Cheers!