ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Continuous stay query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mantasingh

Continuous stay query

Post by mantasingh » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:18 pm

Hi Guru

I need assistance in my case.

- First successful Tier 1 General application: June, 2010
- Came to UK on deputation from Indian Company: Feb, 2011
- Stayed in UK on deputation till Aug, 2012
- Went to India for resignation in Aug, 12 and came back to UK in Oct, 12.
- Found a new UK job in Oct, 12 and since then in UK.

I am little bit worried based upon what is written in the document at the below link.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

On page 21, it states

If the absences are in connection with other employment outside the UK, which demonstrates the UK employment is secondary, these are not permitted absences, and the continuous period requirement is considered broken.

I was deputed by my Indian employer and went back to India for resignation in Aug, 12. I was paid Indian Salary for Aug, Sept, Oct, 12.

Does the above clause mean that my continuous stay is broken? Really worried, so request you to clarify.

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:47 pm

Why no one is responding. I think many people here might face this issue of being in employment outside UK.

Please respond

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:11 pm

mantasingh wrote:Why no one is responding.

Please respond

Hmm, easy man :) The same document explains the definition of 'continuous lawful leave during absence from the UK' on page 26.

I agree that many of us take up temporary employment overseas during 5 year qualifying period (including myself). So as long as we confine ourselves with those rules, it should be fine.

experts please corroborate!

hemant_lakhani

Re: Continuous stay query

Post by hemant_lakhani » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:11 pm

I also have same query, looking for some expert advice..