ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language requirement-Expired IELTS original missing

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

secret.simon

English language requirement-Expired IELTS original missing

Post by secret.simon » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:42 am

Hi All,
I've got my NCS appointment in a week. I'm putting together my documentation and I am unable to locate my original IELTS test result that I had submitted for entry clearance 6 years ago. I do however have a copy of it, which states my details and has the test reference no. on it. Would the Home Office accept that as proof as it should already be there on their system? On the copy of the IELTS results, there is a link to a website that institutions can use to verify its authenticity. Would the Home Office have access to that site?
As a backup, I'll also submit my degree certificate along with a printout of the PBS calculator showing that I get 10 marks for English language requirement.
However, both proofs of documentation have a problem-my middle name, which is a patronym (father's name) is spelt incorrectly (one letter only). Both of them were accepted during my initial entry clearance. Would that cause issues for citizenship?

secret.simon

Re: English language requirement-Expired IELTS original miss

Post by secret.simon » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:52 am

I forgot to mention, I've also completed a post-graduate degree from a recognised UK university, but it was a course conducted entirely online. My graduation ceremony is due in July, so I do not have a certificate, but would a letter from the university be worth obtaining? I understand that the English language requirements are for the speaking and listening components and therefore I'm not sure an online course would qualify.

skilled_migrant

Re: English language requirement-Expired IELTS original miss

Post by skilled_migrant » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:10 pm

Hello there,

Please update me what happened with your appointment? Did they accept the photocopy?

I am also exactly in the same situation. I sent the following email to ukbanationalityenquirie about 20 days ago. Still no reply.

I demonstrated knowledge of English during the entry clearance through IELTS certification. You know that IELTS test is valid for 2 years only. So I did not take much care of the certificate when it expired and I lost it now. But luckily I have found a photocopy of that certificate.

I contacted Cambridge English Past Records to see if they can certify that photocopy but they told me that results can be verified up to 2 years only.

Can you confirm please that will the photocopy of that certificate be accepted as a proof of knowledge of language? Or do I need to take the test again?