ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HMRC - Change of Address

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gupta_ust

HMRC - Change of Address

Post by gupta_ust » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:50 am

Hi All,

I am due for ILR by this year end and have recently changed jobs. I just realized that when I applied for NI number in 2010, I used my temporary address and moved to new address in 2010 itself. I did not inform HMRC about the address change assuming my employer must have taken care of this. Now, after changing job, I think I may be eligible for tax refunds. Should I notify HMRC of the address change which was 4 yrs ago. Can it create any issues?

gupta_ust

Re: HMRC - Change of Address

Post by gupta_ust » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:53 am

Please note that I got visa switch and extensions based on my current address and is it an offence of not reporting the address change to HMRC?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: HMRC - Change of Address

Post by iworker » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:39 am

its not an issue.. just give them a call, and change your address. You can also do this online.
Then give them a call about the tax refund. HMRC normally sends tax refunds around sept time for previous year. If they have already done that and sent it to your previous address, u can always ask them to cancel the previous cheque and send a new one at the correct address..