ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shafmar

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by shafmar » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:31 am

Hi senior members..

Can anyone give me a home office contact number who can give me the actual status of my application ..

It will be much appreciated

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:04 pm

Hi All

By the grace of almighty Allah, I've just received my BRP.
I can't thank enough to the members of this forum who constantly encouraged me to remain positive. Thank you all, to all the fellow applicants who are waiting, you will always be in my prayers.

Many Thanks
Gryphon
Gryphon

Ali1975

Post by Ali1975 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:18 pm

0151 672 5626, option 1 then option 2 and then option 2

actually this is EEA inquiry line but please talk to them politely and they can give you application status , thanks
shafmar wrote:Hi senior members..

Can anyone give me a home office contact number who can give me the actual status of my application ..

It will be much appreciated

shafmar

Post by shafmar » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:25 pm

Thanks Ali
I called the number and the guy said no decision has been made yet. Yet again I asked him to confirm my full name and address on their system and he did so . My application was sent on 11/10/13 and hence m worried abt the time frame....

britbanker

Post by britbanker » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:56 pm

gryphon wrote:Hi All

I can't thank enough to the members of this forum who constantly encouraged me to remain positive. Thank you all, to all the fellow applicants who are waiting, you will always be in my prayers.

Many Thanks
Gryphon
Really happy for you mate :) I told you everything would be fine!

Enjoy your freedom and make the most of your life! All the best :mrgreen:

Nik
Application sent: 19/09/2013
Biometrics: 21/10/2013
Approval Letter + Docs: 18/02/2014
BRP Received: 19/02/2014
Duration: 4.833 months
https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... 6R3aFEbvZw

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:50 pm

Umar09 wrote:I would like thank you all of the participants particularly the moderators and senior members for their contribution to this forum and helping others.

My SET(LR) application timeline is:

Application sent: 13/01/14
Ack & Biometric letters Received : 24/01/14
Biometric done: 27/01/14
Outcome: awaiting.............

A point is clicking to my head and I would like to share it with you guys and need your opinion. In September returning back from an overseas business trip, I had been asked a couple of questions by the immigration clearance officer at the immigration desk at airport in the UK. Q1) What is your visa status? A) I told her Tier1 Entrepreneur; Q2) you studied in the UK? A) Yes I have doctorate (PhD) from the University of............
Meanwhile she took my finger prints, also I showed her my visiting card and an ID card issued from a University where I have been working as a contract base researcher.
After this she advised me to have a seat and she needed to perform few more checks. She went into the office and came back after 4-5 minutes and handed me over my passport with entry clearance stampe saying thanks and apologizing for waiting. I didnt ask her anything and left but now I am thinking I had to ask her why she stopped me and what checks she performed. Do you have any idea what she did????? was that a normal routine???? is there any concern???? Should I apply for SAR to check if there is any note written on my immigration portfolio??????

It was first instance in my 10 years history that the immigration officer had to go inside the office ... I have no offense, no convictions......... nothing...............
just one thing coming into my mind that is I am on tier1 entrepreneur therefore she might checked business/company directorship etc....

I will be grateful for your comments..........

best regards
Dr

Dear Dr. Umer ,

Well i want to share one of my experience similar to yours one ....i usually travel through Heathrow but Last Year i travel through Glasgow , So on arrival when i went to the Immigration officer , he took my passport and asked me politely to take a seat there and he has to check some thing which he can not check here so if i can take a seat , so i did ...my heart was like oh Gosh but i was very much confident as i haven't done any thing wrong so i thought it may be the part of some procedure or some thing ....ne way the officer came out from his office with out my passport and he started serving next passenger in the mean time his co worker came out from that officer with my passport and told the officer some thing and showed him some thing on the screen ...after finishing the current passenger ( probably they were a family ) he called me and verify my finger prints and clear me to go :) he stamped my passport and thats it .... so don't need to worry about any thing ...

Ali1975

Post by Ali1975 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:25 pm

Lets see how many get their approvals this week, I think next week HO start processing November applications

nadeemiqbal

Post by nadeemiqbal » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:05 pm

Hello friends

I called HO today about 4:40pm and still no decision on my application yet. Like shafmar I a applied on 11/10/13

Has anyone else called home office and got a different response other than keep waiting ....?

Nadeem

shafmar

Post by shafmar » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:17 pm

Hi Nadeem!
Thanks for the update .
Please let me know the outcome in case you receive early.

I think we are the victims of a dis-functioning home office .

yasin333
Newly Registered

Post by yasin333 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:11 pm

Hi

I've called Home office today and been told a package has been dispatched for me today....I applied late August. My question is people seem to get their package through a courier (DX) whereas I was given a tracking number with ROYAL mail. Is that something I should worry About?

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:36 pm

Ho return passport and supporting documents through Royal Mail .only brp card will come through dx .

yasin333 wrote:Hi

I've called Home office today and been told a package has been dispatched for me today....I applied late August. My question is people seem to get their package through a courier (DX) whereas I was given a tracking number with ROYAL mail. Is that something I should worry About?
ss

shafmar

Post by shafmar » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:05 pm

[quote="yasin333"]Hi

I've called Home office today and been told a package has been dispatched for me today....I applied late August. My question is people seem to get their package through a courier (DX) whereas I was given a tracking number with ROYAL mail. Is that something I should worry About?[/quote]
Did u say u sent late august 2013?

Please let us know the updates.. Like the date it was issued and all...

Mera-IR
Newly Registered

Enquiry for 10 years long residence application form Set (il

Post by Mera-IR » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:05 pm

Hi all,
May I please ask if you would please have a read below explanation about the enquiry which I have came across whilst completing set ilr form.
also I would like to add about the toefl language passed on 12th of April 2013, would this be acceptable for the application please?

May Allah bless you and your family

Kind regards
Mera
Mera-IR wrote:Hi All,
Hope all are going well!
I would like to ask some questions about SET (ilr) application please. would be applying this March!
-This is a postal application and would like to ask wether all supporting documents need to be send with copies .I know about the passport and visa sections need to send the original and copies but how about the documents for the proof of living in the country for ten years e.g bills and council tax , etc..
- on the form version 10/13 there are some parts that are missing. It says that for postal orders go to question A19 and there is not any!? Also on page 24, G1 answer No and then it says go to section 6 for some reason! It is not section 7 as I understand that is for a different question.
- Any empty boxes that aren't applicable, do we leave them blank or require to put n/a for them please.

Thank you so much for your time

Kind regards

Mera

njyildum1

Post by njyildum1 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:07 pm

Hi People, please I need some advice. Please anyone can reply based on experience or whatever it is. I am happy to get any input. Thanks.

I made an application as parent of a British child but I live together with the mother of the baby and all our posts go to the same address. 

What checks will ukba do? Will they check how many people live in my address?

Do I need to explain to UKBA why we live together in writing or should I just ignore it? 
Is it not normal that people can live together even if they are not in a relationship especially when a baby is involved?

I have done my biometrics and UKBA asked for extra documents which I provided. And nothing on the documents suggests that we live together or has said that we live together and no documents says we don't either.

rsb68

Re: 10 year ilr over 18 dependents

Post by rsb68 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:12 pm

rsb68 wrote:
Damanisshallo wrote:
rsb68 wrote:can I apply set (f)for my son over 18 in person at PEO.flr(m)for my wife and other son by post.
I do not see any reason why you shouldn't be able to do so...
Thanks Damanisshallo for reply
Please advice

I am waiting my set lr which sent on 18/11/13.now I am preparing my dependants application .
I am having following question in set (f) for my son who turn 18 years now.
Page 7
3.6 Will your sponsor be supporting you from his/her own money?
Yes or no
If so, what percentage of your total weekly or monthly finances will be provided by your sponsor?
.............%
3.7 Did your sponsor provide financial support to you while you were living in your home country? please provide documentary evidence of any financial support you received from your sponsor while you were living in your home country?

Yes No

Page 12
4.12 Please state what ties you have with;
• The country where you were born
• Any other country whose nationality you hold
• Any country where you have lived for more than 5 years

What document should I attach with application.

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:18 pm

Hi,
I have a question to those who have got ILR approved. What is the start date for the ILR visa and after how long apply for British passport??
I heard that visa start from the date you completed 10 yrs in country...is that tru????
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

njyildum1

Post by njyildum1 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:20 pm

Hi People, please I need some advice. Please anyone can reply based on experience or whatever it is. I am happy to get any input. Thanks.

I made an application as parent of a British child but I live together with the mother of the baby and all our posts go to the same address. 

What checks will ukba do? Will they check how many people live in my address?

Do I need to explain to UKBA why we live together in writing or should I just ignore it? 
Is it not normal that people can live together even if they are not in a relationship especially when a baby is involved?

I have done my biometrics and UKBA asked for extra documents which I provided. And nothing on the documents suggests that we live together or has said that we live together and no documents says we don't either.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:03 am

Many Thanks
Gryphon
Hi
congratulation on your independent, I am waiting from OCT 2012 every time I call them same answer your case in process, don;t know what will be happen tomorrow, just positive, near 12 year in this country. Please guys give me in your prayers, we will join independent too.
Best wishes every one .
Regards
Amjad Leeds

tulib143
Newly Registered

Post by tulib143 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:35 am

Hi necter..... Have u heard anything from HO.i have applied same day as u are.let us know. Thank you.
Tulib143

bb2012

Post by bb2012 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:13 am

amjadleeds wrote:

Many Thanks
Gryphon
Hi
congratulation on your independent, I am waiting from OCT 2012 every time I call them same answer your case in process, don;t know what will be happen tomorrow, just positive, near 12 year in this country. Please guys give me in your prayers, we will join independent too.
Best wishes every one .
Regards
Amjad Leeds
Hi Amjad,

As you have mentioned you are waiting since Oct 2012, could you please provide some details of your case so that we can benefit why it is taking so long in your case. Thanks

necter03
Newly Registered

Post by necter03 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:02 am

Hi tulib143,
I have not heard anything yet. Guess the HO will start looking at Nov applications from next week.

xy304
Newly Registered

Post by xy304 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:14 am

Hi Guys,

Silent reader in the forum which has been extremely useful. Here is my timeline:

Application sent: 16/10/2013
Biometrics: 22/11/2013 (letter dated 19/11/2013)
Approval Letter + Docs: 25/02/2014 (dated 21/02/2014)
BRP Received: 25/02/2014
Duration: 4mth & 1wk

Got a follow up question, my wife is on my Tier 2 - dependent visa. What is her immigration status now? She will be able to apply ILR under 10yrs rule in April, should she wait and apply that instead of switching into FLR(M) which seems pointless.

Many thanks.

keepwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by keepwaiting » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:27 am

yasin333 wrote:Hi

Hi Yasin

when exactly did you apply ? I applied 20th September, so i have been waiting for 5 months now. i hope, you already get your ILR.

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:57 pm

Hello Everyone

I am applying ILR SET(LT) next month INSHALLAH. My Question is '' Does underpaid tax to HMRC effects application'' as i have received a letter from HMRC stating that i owe them some tax which is agreed to be settled down through installment. What you guys suggest . Should i pay the whole amount before my application or paying in installment is fine . Please advise me that will be much appreciated.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:52 pm

I received my BRP today.

Thanks Allah . Thanks all fourm friends

esmsi wrote:How long it takes email reply from BRP unit Home Office
I sent email on Thurday night .

Since DX failed to delivery my BRP saying I do not live the address .But royal mail delivery passport without any problem 2nd class tracked.
Last edited by esmsi on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.