ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PhD from Uk, PSW, now again PhD?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amnaali03

PhD from Uk, PSW, now again PhD?

Post by amnaali03 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:30 am

Hi all,

I complete PhD (in 4 years and 3 months) from Uk and then have PSW, going to end in April. During two years of PSW, i did business here in Uk, which is going well. I am interested to do a second PhD, in a related field. I am interested to get Uk nationality and to expand my business. As i need only 3 years to be in 10 years category, towards nationality and i am interested in 2nd PhD also, So can the experts please help me to answer the following? I am not interested to apply for entrepreneur visa due to some issues.

1-Can i get admission again in PhD, already having a PhD degree from a Uk university?
2- If not in PhD, can i get admission in subjects like ACCA, MBA etc, jut to get visa for next 3 years OR any other subject?
3- Can i apply again as student with in Uk, i am currently in Uk and have 2 months PSW.

I will really thankful for nice suggestions from you all.

Best regards

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: PhD from Uk, PSW, now again PhD?

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:03 pm

If you have not hit 8 years of study then at university you might be able to join another PHD as along as the new course represent academic progression.
Fresh phd students completing their course can also apply further 12 months of leave to remain which i think in your case might not apply as you already have done.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... s/81-tier4
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

amnaali03

Post by amnaali03 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:20 pm

sheraz7 wrote:If you have not hit 8 years of study then at university you might be able to join another PHD as along as the new course represent academic progression.
Fresh phd students completing their course can also apply further 12 months of leave to remain which i think in your case might not apply as you already have done.
Thanks Sheraz for your uesful reply.

amnaali03

Post by amnaali03 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:44 am

amnaali03 wrote:
sheraz7 wrote:If you have not hit 8 years of study then at university you might be able to join another PHD as along as the new course represent academic progression.
Thanks Sheraz for your uesful reply.
Aoa Dear Sheeraz,

Can you please let me know that total study duration should not be more than 8 years? As previous PhD was in 4 years and 3 months, the new will be 3-4 years. If i assume that it will be for 4 years, than total time will be more than 8 years (4Y,3M + 4Y). I am just confused, so please explain it. My new PhD will show academic progression and i am on psw, so cant avail 12 moths fresh leave.
I am looking for to have 3/4 years visa in one go, so to complete 10 years with no tension. If possible, please let me know that is it a good idea to go for 2nd PhD or i should do some other? I shall be really thankful to you for this help.
Kind regards

shaq1

Post by shaq1 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:27 am

If your previous Phd is 4 years 3 months then your new Phd need to be less than 4 years. So when you are taking admission make sure with the Uni that your Phd is less than 4 years. Other wise your visa will be refused because of the 8 years cap. Uni will not issue you CAS if they think your visa will be refused, or they would not be able to justify your academic progress.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:27 pm

Since you already hold PHD degree then switching into employment route such as tier 2 will be more wise otherwise you can try to get some exemption in your new course of PHD due to already having the same degree which can shorten a bit the course duration and by this way you may comply with the 8 years degree cap requirement.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS