ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Help required

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arbaz33
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa - Help required

Post by arbaz33 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:11 am

Hi All,

I am currently living in United Kingdom and hold Permanent Residence (Indefinite Leave to Remain), my wife lives in Canada and
I intend to apply for her UK visa with an intention that after completing qualifying period of residence she can apply for Permanent residence

There are two methods of applying visa depending upon the country where the application is submitted.
1. By means of VAF4A form
2. Online application form

Reading through How to apply section - Settlement Applications UKBA has mentioned
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
To apply for a settlement visa, you must

- Complete and submit an online visa application form;
- Pay your visa application fee online as part of your online application;
- Book an appointment online with our commercial partner WorldBridge to visit one of our visa application centres or mobile biometric clinics - appointments at a visa application centre are free of charge, but there is a charge for appointments at our mobile biometric clinics in Halifax or St John's;
- Send your visa application to: UK Visas and Immigration, International Operations and Visa, 6 Millsands, Sheffield, S3 8NH, United Kingdom; and
- Provide an international pre-paid shipping label or waybill and the appropriate packaging.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have registered an account with https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ in order to complete Online visa application form. I have been presented with few questions in order to select type of Visa
Reason of Visit --> Answered Settlement
Visa Type -- > Settlement
Visa Sub Type --> Wife

I now have few question related to online application form.

1: The Online application form is different as compared to VAF4A form ( For instance questions like Where did you met, when you got married, finance etc. are not given within Online application form)
2. There is not option to select relation of Wife to Sponsor
3. Have I selected the right option to select the type of visa.
4. I understand that after completing Online form, An appointment has to be booked in order to enroll bio metric fingerprints and the applicant should bring listed document( mentioned within the email to be received after applicant has booked appointment).
This has created another confusion as in one of the section they ask applicant to send document to UK address while in another section they ask to bring along with them to Visa application centre.

I would appreciate if an advice/guidance is provided on above matter so that application can be submitted.

arbaz33
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa - Help required

Post by arbaz33 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:07 am

arbaz33 wrote:Hi All,

I am currently living in United Kingdom and hold Permanent Residence (Indefinite Leave to Remain), my wife lives in Canada and
I intend to apply for her UK visa with an intention that after completing qualifying period of residence she can apply for Permanent residence

There are two methods of applying visa depending upon the country where the application is submitted.
1. By means of VAF4A form
2. Online application form

Reading through How to apply section - Settlement Applications UKBA has mentioned
To apply for a settlement visa, you must

- Complete and submit an online visa application form;
- Pay your visa application fee online as part of your online application;
- Book an appointment online with our commercial partner WorldBridge to visit one of our visa application centres or mobile biometric clinics - appointments at a visa application centre are free of charge, but there is a charge for appointments at our mobile biometric clinics in Halifax or St John's;
- Send your visa application to: UK Visas and Immigration, International Operations and Visa, 6 Millsands, Sheffield, S3 8NH, United Kingdom; and
- Provide an international pre-paid shipping label or waybill and the appropriate packaging.

I have registered an account with https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ in order to complete Online visa application form. I have been presented with few questions in order to select type of Visa
Reason of Visit --> Answered Settlement
Visa Type -- > Settlement
Visa Sub Type --> Wife

I now have few question related to online application form.

1: The Online application form is different as compared to VAF4A form ( For instance questions like Where did you met, when you got married, finance etc. are not given within Online application form)
2. There is not option to select relation of Wife to Sponsor
3. Have I selected the right option to select the type of visa.
4. I understand that after completing Online form, An appointment has to be booked in order to enroll bio metric fingerprints and the applicant should bring listed document( mentioned within the email to be received after applicant has booked appointment).
This has created another confusion as in one of the section they ask applicant to send document to UK address while in another section they ask to bring along with them to Visa application centre.

I would appreciate if an advice/guidance is provided on above matter so that application can be submitted.

arbaz33
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa - Help required

Post by arbaz33 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:08 am

Can any provide with an advice