ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Requirement for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arfaisal
United Kingdom

English Requirement for ILR

Post by arfaisal » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:19 pm

I have to apply for ILR in next few months time. I have already showed my English Language requirement at the time of entry clearance which is above the requirement of ILR for my Tier 2 Visa. My english language certificate is expired now due it was issued by IELTS.
I have seen some home office document which says u dont need to qualify again if you have qualified for english language requirement at the time of entry clearance. However when you see the form for ILR that is SET (O) it doesn't says any thing for the past english language qualifications if you have already supplied like in extension forms we have a question and requirement met if you have already done. kindly help and advice what should I do for this issue .

Regards

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: English Requirement for ILR

Post by yasa » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:44 am

arfaisal wrote:I have to apply for ILR in next few months time. I have already showed my English Language requirement at the time of entry clearance which is above the requirement of ILR for my Tier 2 Visa. My english language certificate is expired now due it was issued by IELTS.
I have seen some home office document which says u dont need to qualify again if you have qualified for english language requirement at the time of entry clearance. However when you see the form for ILR that is SET (O) it doesn't says any thing for the past english language qualifications if you have already supplied like in extension forms we have a question and requirement met if you have already done. kindly help and advice what should I do for this issue .

This is the email from Home Office
Dear Sir,

Provided the IELTS qualification was at or above level B1 CEFR, and was required in order to be granted entry clearance, then it should be acceptable.

Regards

Ann

Regards
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================