ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query Regarding ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tyagisumit
Newly Registered

Query Regarding ILR Application

Post by tyagisumit » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:02 pm

Hi ALL,

I would appreciate If you can help me for my ILR application.

Currently I am on tier 1 general visa and I am eligible for ILR application on 1st June 2014. I came to UK on 8th July 2009 on Tier 2 ICT and converted to Tier 1 general visa on 8th June 2011.

My wife came to UK first time on 28th March 2013, Now I wants to know, If delay my application by 9months when my wife completes 2 years UK ( March 2015), Can we both apply same time in march 2015 ?

I spoke to one immigration consultant, as per him the 2 year rule only applicable to those who came before July 2012 but below UKBA links says, tier 1 dependent can apply same time as main applicant if they have completed 2 years in UK.This link doesn't say anything about July 2012.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... s/#header1

Can someone please reply whether 2 years rule apply in my case ? or the above website link is outdated ?

My Visa :

Date of First Tier 2 ICT Stamped : 1st July 2009
Date of First Travel to UK : 8th July 2009
Date of Tier 1 Visa : 8th June 2011
Date of Tier 1 Extension : 12 Feb 2013
Tier 1 Visa Valid Until : 12 Feb 2016

Wife Visa :
Date of Issue : 28th March 2013
Date Of Travel to UK : 28th March 2013

Many Thanks & Regards,
ST

vinny

Re: Query Regarding ILR Application

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:16 pm

Unfortunately, the link is out of date and is only applicable for people who were dependants prior to 9th July 2012.

See also 319E(d).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tyagisumit
Newly Registered

Re: Query Regarding ILR Application

Post by tyagisumit » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:32 pm

Thanks a lot Vinny for your quick response,

In this case, does it mean that I will have to apply my ILR in June 2014 and change my wife's visa to FLR and she has to wait for 5 years before she is eligible for ILR ?

Many Thanks & Regards,
ST