ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - Dependent visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xy304
Newly Registered

Urgent - Dependent visa

Post by xy304 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:49 pm

Hi Guys,

Got some urgent question. I have received my ILR today under the 10yrs long residency rule, much faster than I expected, applied mid Oct 2013. I was on Tier 2(G) before i applied ILR.

My urgent question is: my wife is on my Tier 2 - dependent visa. What is her immigration status now? She will be able to apply ILR under 10yrs rule in April, should she wait and apply that instead of switching into FLR(M) which seems pointless.

Many thanks.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: Urgent - Dependent visa

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:27 pm

If she has a valid visa till the date she is completing 10 years then she should wait and then apply on set(lr).but if her visa is expiring the she has to extend it some how.
ss

xy304
Newly Registered

Post by xy304 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:32 pm

SSWSZ wrote:If she has a valid visa till the date she is completing 10 years then she should wait and then apply on set(lr).but if her visa is expiring the she has to extend it some how.
Thanks SSWSZ. Yes, her visa is valid until Oct 2015, so plenty let. What I am not sure is whether her visa is still a valid visa given I am no longer on Tier 2. I cannot seem to find any information on UKBA's website.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:10 pm

Yes it valid till the date of its validity . My huby got ILR in dec 13 .i myself applied and got ILR in feb just before the end of my VISA .don't worry at all .
ss

xy304
Newly Registered

Post by xy304 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:45 pm

SSWSZ wrote:Yes it valid till the date of its validity . My huby got ILR in dec 13 .i myself applied and got ILR in feb just before the end of my VISA .don't worry at all .
That is good to hear. Thanks SSWSZ. May I ask did you both applied under the 10yrs lond residency rule?

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:51 pm

No mu hubby got due to long residency .and I myself as dependent .i am in uk sine 2006 as dependent of student + psw.

xy304 wrote:
SSWSZ wrote:Yes it valid till the date of its validity . My huby got ILR in dec 13 .i myself applied and got ILR in feb just before the end of my VISA .don't worry at all .
That is good to hear. Thanks SSWSZ. May I ask did you both applied under the 10yrs lond residency rule?
ss

xy304
Newly Registered

Post by xy304 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:14 pm

SSWSZ wrote:No mu hubby got due to long residency .and I myself as dependent .i am in uk sine 2006 as dependent of student + psw.

xy304 wrote:
Many thanks!