ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirement Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Octobersky101
Newly Registered

English Language Requirement Query

Post by Octobersky101 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:47 pm

I am the primary applicant for ILR via Tier 1 General Visa route and my degree is available on the PBS calculator.
My spouse passed her university outside UK but the same is available on the PBS calculator. Do we both require to take the English language B1 test or the PBS calculator document is enough for ILR application.

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Re: English Language Requirement Query

Post by lynxukauq » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:02 pm

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: English Language Requirement Query

Post by yasa » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:26 pm

Octobersky101 wrote:I am the primary applicant for ILR via Tier 1 General Visa route and my degree is available on the PBS calculator.
My spouse passed her university outside UK but the same is available on the PBS calculator. Do we both require to take the English language B1 test or the PBS calculator document is enough for ILR application.
If your degree is from UK University then its fine. If your spouse is getting points and can provide a letter on her University official paper that the medium of instruction is in English, then it should suffice
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================