ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AlexAlexAlex

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:52 pm

keepwaiting wrote:
yasin333 wrote:Hi

I've called Home office today and been told a package has been dispatched for me today....I applied late August. My question is people seem to get their package through a courier (DX) whereas I was given a tracking number with ROYAL mail. Is that something I should worry About?
Hi Yasin

when exactly did you apply ? I applied 20th September, so i have been waiting for 5 months now. i hope, you already get your ILR.

Hi All,

Just called HO and was told package has been dispached yesterday, do people usually get a letter confirming the outcome of the application then receive their package? Having heart attack right now. She gave me the tracking number and its waiting for in post office :(.

those who have experience could you please let me know if i should have received a letter first or no, does this mean my case has been refused?

will let you know the outcome s soon as i find out,
by the way applied on 31st of October 2013

Thanks,

Alex

CKP

Post by CKP » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:38 pm

AlexAlexAlex wrote:
keepwaiting wrote:

I've called Home office today and been told a package has been dispatched for me today....I applied late August. My question is people seem to get their package through a courier (DX) whereas I was given a tracking number with ROYAL mail. Is that something I should worry About?
Hi Yasin

when exactly did you apply ? I applied 20th September, so i have been waiting for 5 months now. i hope, you already get your ILR.

Hi All,

Just called HO and was told package has been dispached yesterday, do people usually get a letter confirming the outcome of the application then receive their package? Having heart attack right now. She gave me the tracking number and its waiting for in post office :(.

those who have experience could you please let me know if i should have received a letter first or no, does this mean my case has been refused?

Thanks,

Alex
Hi Alex,

There is no need to worry. You have stayed here for 10 years. You extended all your visas on time and no criminal conviction on your record and you have submitted LIUK and English requirement documents, then HO do not have any room to deny your ILR.

Hope for the Best.

Thanks

britbanker

Post by britbanker » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:02 pm

AlexAlexAlex wrote: Hi All,

Thanks,

Alex
Alex, the package contains your approval letter!... they refer it as the "package" because it contains all your documents and passports + approval letter in an envelope delivered by Special Delivery.

So congratulations!! you are hours away from FREEDOM :)

Nik
Application sent: 19/09/2013
Biometrics: 21/10/2013
Approval Letter + Docs: 18/02/2014
BRP Received: 19/02/2014
Duration: 4.833 months
https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... 6R3aFEbvZw

britbanker

Post by britbanker » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:04 pm

esmsi wrote:I received my BRP today.

Thanks Allah . Thanks all fourm friends
esmsi wrote:How long it takes email reply from BRP unit Home Office
I sent email on Thurday night .

Since DX failed to delivery my BRP saying I do not live the address .But royal mail delivery passport without any problem 2nd class tracked.
ATLAST! enjoy your freedom buddy, well deserved :)

All the best

Nik

britbanker

Post by britbanker » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:09 pm

I am unsure why there is this confusion :)

The UKBA post a "package" via royal mail to everyone that includes all supporting documents that you submitted + passports and an approval letter.

They send the BRP in a little envelope through DX that arrives within 10 working days of receiving the "package". However some people have received the BRP before the documents package due to delays in royal mail.

I hope this is clear now :)

All the best, you too are hours away from freedom!!

Nik

shahjee12
Newly Registered

Re: Enquiry for 10 years long residence application form Set

Post by shahjee12 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:36 pm

Mera-IR wrote:Hi all,
May I please ask if you would please have a read below explanation about the enquiry which I have came across whilst completing set ilr form.
also I would like to add about the toefl language passed on 12th of April 2013, would this be acceptable for the application please?

May Allah bless you and your family

Kind regards
Mera
Mera-IR wrote:Hi All,
Hope all are going well!
I would like to ask some questions about SET (ilr) application please. would be applying this March!
-This is a postal application and would like to ask wether all supporting documents need to be send with copies .I know about the passport and visa sections need to send the original and copies but how about the documents for the proof of living in the country for ten years e.g bills and council tax , etc..
- on the form version 10/13 there are some parts that are missing. It says that for postal orders go to question A19 and there is not any!? Also on page 24, G1 answer No and then it says go to section 6 for some reason! It is not section 7 as I understand that is for a different question.
- Any empty boxes that aren't applicable, do we leave them blank or require to put n/a for them please.

Thank you so much for your time

Kind regards

Mera
Hi Mera,
Regards to your first query, there is a mistake on the form, there is no A19, hence ignore.
With the other one if you notice the section starts by saying

G. Representative’s Details and Declaration
You should fill in this section if you are a third party, such as a representative, dealing
with the application on behalf of an applicant.

If there is no one representing you? than you should leave it blank or write N.A, and stop there, no need to go in to the questions.
Any thing not applicable to you and you are not answering, it is always better to put an N.A, so that the case worker is not confused.
You asked regards to the photocopying of the supporting documents, well I would not send them my Council tax bills,P60's and my bank statements, if I have my passports to cover the 10 years, Life in UK Test result, English Language requirement and off course the all important correct fee :)
You could always attach photocopies of the originals that you are providing, but just put them together and clearly mark them as Photocopies of Original.

Regards to TOEFL as the language requirement, I believe that is good, you could use that. (Gurus and Senior members can have their input please)
And mind it the simpler the better. All the best with your application.

Kindest regards
Shah

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:37 pm

Hello Everyone

I am applying ILR SET(LT) next month INSHALLAH. My Question is '' Does underpaid tax to HMRC effects application'' as i have received

a letter from HMRC stating that i owe them some tax which is agreed to be settled down through installment. What you guys suggest .

Should i pay the whole amount before my application or paying in installment is fine . Please advise me that will be much appreciated.

mskhan78

raaz0800
United Kingdom

Re: Enquiry for 10 years long residence application form Set

Post by raaz0800 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:41 pm

shahjee12 wrote:
Mera-IR wrote:Hi all,
May I please ask if you would please have a read below explanation about the enquiry which I have came across whilst completing set ilr form.
also I would like to add about the toefl language passed on 12th of April 2013, would this be acceptable for the application please?

May Allah bless you and your family

Kind regards
Mera
Regarding your TOFEL I think it's fine but double check with HO because Toice and TOFEL are no longer acceptable by home office any more but you did it long time ago.
Raaz
Mera-IR wrote:Hi All,
Hope all are going well!
I would like to ask some questions about SET (ilr) application please. would be applying this March!
-This is a postal application and would like to ask wether all supporting documents need to be send with copies .I know about the passport and visa sections need to send the original and copies but how about the documents for the proof of living in the country for ten years e.g bills and council tax , etc..
- on the form version 10/13 there are some parts that are missing. It says that for postal orders go to question A19 and there is not any!? Also on page 24, G1 answer No and then it says go to section 6 for some reason! It is not section 7 as I understand that is for a different question.
- Any empty boxes that aren't applicable, do we leave them blank or require to put n/a for them please.

Thank you so much for your time

Kind regards

Mera
Hi Mera,
Regards to your first query, there is a mistake on the form, there is no A19, hence ignore.
With the other one if you notice the section starts by saying

G. Representative’s Details and Declaration
You should fill in this section if you are a third party, such as a representative, dealing
with the application on behalf of an applicant.

If there is no one representing you? than you should leave it blank or write N.A, and stop there, no need to go in to the questions.
Any thing not applicable to you and you are not answering, it is always better to put an N.A, so that the case worker is not confused.
You asked regards to the photocopying of the supporting documents, well I would not send them my Council tax bills,P60's and my bank statements, if I have my passports to cover the 10 years, Life in UK Test result, English Language requirement and off course the all important correct fee :)
You could always attach photocopies of the originals that you are providing, but just put them together and clearly mark them as Photocopies of Original.

Regards to TOEFL as the language requirement, I believe that is good, you could use that. (Gurus and Senior members can have their input please)
And mind it the simpler the better. All the best with your application.

Kindest regards
Shah

AlexAlexAlex

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:17 pm

Hi All,

Had to rush home as i couldn't wait to see the package, i have all my document, its 2 leeters in there, one addressed to me saying my biometric its on its way and i should get it in next 10 working days no mention of success or refusal second letter/print seems very generic not addressed to me is regarding ILR and what thats mean!!! does this mean my case been successful?

Question is dDo i need to sit at home for next 10 working days waiting for my biometric, what happends if i am not home? can i go and pick it up from their depo?

by the way thanks for all your help and support.

Alex

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:03 pm

AlexAlexAlex wrote:Hi All,

Had to rush home as i couldn't wait to see the package, i have all my document, its 2 leeters in there, one addressed to me saying my biometric its on its way and i should get it in next 10 working days no mention of success or refusal second letter/print seems very generic not addressed to me is regarding ILR and what thats mean!!! does this mean my case been successful?

Question is dDo i need to sit at home for next 10 working days waiting for my biometric, what happends if i am not home? can i go and pick it up from their depo?

by the way thanks for all your help and support.

Alex
Alex . Good luck - you have been approved. If HO says your BRP is on its way that means you have been approved.

Secondly what you do when you miss a package by any other courier - same with dx if you are not at home then they will leave a note and arrange for the redelivery . Dx is the courier HO uses for BRP delivery. If you not at home they will rearrange delivery.

Unless you free for 10 days you don't need to wait at home. Again. 10 days is max time -Usually it will arrive in 2 - 3 days.

NeedAdvice62
Newly Registered

Post by NeedAdvice62 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:04 pm

Hi Senior members,

First of all accept my apology if i am posting in here.The reason is that long residency subject is very active in this forum and i am also planning to apply under 10 year in September 2014.Currently I am under tier -2 general.
My employer have 2 tier 2 general employees and one of them got ILR on long residency.Please inform me what should my employer need to do using Sponsorship management system with respect to one employee who got ILR and also on the SMS as a tier-2 general worker.

Does employer need to withdraw the COS for this employee who got ILR under Long residency?
If so how to do through Sponsorship management system or how to report regarding this through SMS?

I will be very thankful to you if you help me in this regard.
My employer
Kind regards.

raaz0800
United Kingdom

Post by raaz0800 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:22 pm

Assalamoalikum
And hi everyone
uk national statistics will release 2013 last quarter applications details on 27th February at 9.30 am.Does anyone knoe how to get the data. Secondly anyone roughly knows when November applications are goibg to be processed.
Raaz
Please pray for me

Ali1975

Post by Ali1975 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:56 pm

Dear Raaz, below is link to HO data tables, third from top are July-September 2013 and they will put new in this list, these data tables are very complex and very difficult to understand and only cover broad categories and I think its quite difficult to find exact SET(LR) statistics from these files. Lots of people already sent FOI requests to HO and waiting eagerly about Oct-Dec stats and I think HO will release these info after 27 Feb and we will share those info in this forum.
I think next week HO start processing November 2013 applications.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... ata-tables
raaz0800 wrote:Assalamoalikum
And hi everyone
uk national statistics will release 2013 last quarter applications details on 27th February at 9.30 am.Does anyone knoe how to get the data. Secondly anyone roughly knows when November applications are goibg to be processed.
Raaz
Please pray for me

masud0174

Post by masud0174 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:06 pm

keepwaiting wrote:

Your passport and other documents comes by using Royal Mail but BRP comes by using DX. So no confusion ! May allah bless you.
FLR M OR FLR O

masud0174

Post by masud0174 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:09 pm

Congratulations ! You had enough ! Thanks for your patience .
I am still hanging with solicitors ! Pray for me.

esmsi wrote:How long it takes email reply from BRP unit Home Office
I sent email on Thurday night .

Since DX failed to delivery my BRP saying I do not live the address .But royal mail delivery passport without any problem 2nd class tracked.
FLR M OR FLR O

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:03 pm

Good luck you and all .

Its a nightmare to wait
masud0174 wrote:Congratulations ! You had enough ! Thanks for your patience .
I am still hanging with solicitors ! Pray for me.

yasin333
Newly Registered

Post by yasin333 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:10 pm

Hello All

I called Ho on Monday, was told a package was despatched to my solicitor on monday itself and they gave me a tracking number. I was checking the number all day today and nothing was showing and Ive just checked the tracking number now, and it shows it has been delivered at 11.00 today!!! That was quick for 2nd class recorded...why my solicitor never called me today, i dont know. Anyway im going there first thing tomorrow to get my 'package'. Wish me luck and good luck to every one else....

masud0174

Post by masud0174 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:46 pm

We pray for the solicitor. Allah talah give them hedayath !
I am awating to get result from the solicitor for last 4 working days !He has received it on last thursday !

yasin333 wrote:Hello All

I called Ho on Monday, was told a package was despatched to my solicitor on monday itself and they gave me a tracking number. I was checking the number all day today and nothing was showing and Ive just checked the tracking number now, and it shows it has been delivered at 11.00 today!!! That was quick for 2nd class recorded...why my solicitor never called me today, i dont know. Anyway im going there first thing tomorrow to get my 'package'. Wish me luck and good luck to every one else....
FLR M OR FLR O

konprode
Newly Registered

Post by konprode » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:23 am

Hi all,

I've been followed this post for a while. It's the most useful thread I've found. And now I've decided I gonna submit the application next week without paying for solicitor.

I was on:
Student visa 3.5y, Postgrad visa 1y, Workpermit 2y, T1 Highly skilled 3y and Partner visa till now (not yet 2 years)
My questions are.
1. The start date of my current visa is 3 months after the expiring date of the previous one. I did submit application long before but it took 7 months to complete!. Should I submit the confirmation letter from the home office to show that my application was sent to them before the expiring date? or they already have the record?
2. I've been travelling abroad quite a lot. It makes total almost 18 months within 10 years, but none of any single trip took longer than 40 days. Is this gonna make my application in trouble? I talked to solicitor once and he said I didn't need to list the journey that spent less than 3 months absence. Is that true??
3. As stated above, I need to travel for work. Will the home office try to speed my application if I ask them nicely on my cover letter?
4. Can I ask them to return my document to my office instead of my home address? I will prepare them pre-paid envelopes. Not sure how many should I prepare as it seems they send things separately.

Thank you in advance for your help.

britbanker

Post by britbanker » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:01 am

Comments in Red
konprode wrote:Hi all,

I've been followed this post for a while. It's the most useful thread I've found. And now I've decided I gonna submit the application next week without paying for solicitor.

I was on:
Student visa 3.5y, Postgrad visa 1y, Workpermit 2y, T1 Highly skilled 3y and Partner visa till now (not yet 2 years)
My questions are.
1. The start date of my current visa is 3 months after the expiring date of the previous one. I did submit application long before but it took 7 months to complete!. Should I submit the confirmation letter from the home office to show that my application was sent to them before the expiring date? or they already have the record?

That is fine, as long as you submitted your application before expiry of the previous leave, it doesn't matter what the start date of your next visa is on your passport. I had several months gaps between visa's too. They have all your application "received" and "granted" dates in their system. If you want peace of mind, simply submit a SAR request and pay the £10 to receive a file with ALL your details held by the UKBA. I did this and I attached a sheet from my SAR file that listed all my application dates and visa approved dates.

2. I've been travelling abroad quite a lot. It makes total almost 18 months within 10 years, but none of any single trip took longer than 40 days. Is this gonna make my application in trouble? I talked to solicitor once and he said I didn't need to list the journey that spent less than 3 months absence. Is that true??

As long as your days out of the country for the WHOLE 10 year period are less than 540 days, AND you haven't been out of the country for more than 180 days at any one time, you should be fine. Your solicitor however is wrong, you should list all times out of the country however short in the application form, it clearly states that on the SET LR form.

3. As stated above, I need to travel for work. Will the home office try to speed my application if I ask them nicely on my cover letter?

They may or may not, you never know with the Home Office. If you can provide a letter from your employer that clearly states the dates you have to travel and shows evidence of tickets bought for the travel etc it might help. One user "tweetiebird" I believe did get his ILR back early because of this

4. Can I ask them to return my document to my office instead of my home address? I will prepare them pre-paid envelopes. Not sure how many should I prepare as it seems they send things separately.

Yes, you use the correspondence address section on the application form. One prepaid envelope is fine for the return of your documents and passport. BRP will come separately via DX and anyway after paying 1000 quid for the application, they can jolly well pay for postage and packaging lol

Thank you in advance for your help.
Cheers!

Nik

konprode
Newly Registered

Post by konprode » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:58 pm

Thanks for your reply, Nik.
Your answers are very clear and helpful.

Hope I will be one of those updating in the skydrive soon :)
Cheers

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:15 pm

Very quite today...no good news.....
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

shafmar

Post by shafmar » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:25 pm

Ye ,, I figured that out. I guess all the active members have received their BRPs. It a cooling off period for them .
10 years of stress

Ali1975

Post by Ali1975 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:46 pm

In my 10 years immigration history, I applied 9 visas myself and never waited so eagerly like this one, this wait is too much stressful

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:49 pm

Ali1975 wrote:In my 10 years immigration history, I applied 9 visas myself and never waited so eagerly like this one, this wait is too much stressful
hi when did you send application