ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When does my continuous period of 10 year ILR start

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UKkumar
BANNED

When does my continuous period of 10 year ILR start

Post by UKkumar » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:26 pm

Dear Gurus,
I have very important questions regarding 10 year ILR.

When does my continuous period of 10 year ILR start and end ?

In 2005 I received scholarship of 2 years joint Msc degree from five different universities in Europe including one university in UK.

My first semester was in Europe and I came to UK for second semester in 18/01/2006 and went back for 3rd and 4th semester (369 days) in Europe. Than again i come back in UK. I was in different type of visa in UK.

Following is link of my visa history in Europe and UK up-to-date.

https://app.box.com/s/akjn1ycm7nhzqd867de3

I am not sure do I have to count my stay from 18/01/2006 (second semester) in UK or from 06/09/2007 (when I come back from Europe).

I sorry for my long post but I do not have any idea if UKBA consider my study period (369 days) out side UK as a valid reason or not.

Please let me know if any one have same kind of situation or any idea.

Thanks
UKkumar

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: When does my continuous period of 10 year ILR start

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:31 pm

It will start on the date you returned to the UK after the 3rd and 4th semester in Europe. Absences can't be more than 180 days otherwise continuous residence is broken.

You can therefore apply 28 days before 6th September 2017.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.