ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

B2 Visa- help!

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

braveheart
Newly Registered

B2 Visa- help!

Post by braveheart » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:20 pm

Hello to all,

Its been quite a while since my last visit here. Me and my husband are planning to visit my sister in Us as i never seen her a year and half now. So its time for me to visit her. My husband is a british and im a filipina. So i need to apply the B2 visa, were planning to stay for 2 weeks and were going to stay in their house as a accomodation.

1. I've got a letter from my sister,stating that they're inviting us for (stated dates we planning to travel) and she even signed it and put her contact details.
2. My payslips (myself and hubby)
3. Bank statements (joint and my own account)
4.Marriage certificate
5. Both of our passport
6.The DS-156 form to fill up online and printed one
7.Some papers to show that i lived here in UK( NHs card,Ni card,etc)
8. Letter of employment which i am waiting at the moment from my employer,hopefully i will have it today so i can call for an appointment this week)
I just got my job last may.

I HAVE MY 2 YEAR visa which is FLR(M), so just wondering guys if u have any idea if this papers is enough to show to them that i can go back here in uk. As the only purposed is to visit my sister coz she's pregnant at the moment (8months) and to see my first nephew, so our plan is by september.

Ps. Do i need to photocopy of all the documents im going to take from the time of the interview? as i need all of the original docs for my future application.

Hope someone here could clarify this, what will i do as i want to make sure evrything will works perfect as it would costs as much to go to london for an interview as we fly both.

Thanks again for reading my query!

:)

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:58 am

It might be useful if your employers could state in their letter that you are expected back at work on (insert date here) after your holiday in the US. You could also bring your mortgage or rental agreement. Try posting in the following forum as well, you will probably get more replies:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34

braveheart
Newly Registered

Post by braveheart » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:18 pm

Thanks for your reply!

Yes im still waiting for my letter of employment and i already did tell them bout the dates of my holiday and the day im going back to work.

I'll take your advice, Thanks alot again......

One more thing if do i need to photocopy all the documents im going to take with in interview? I'l probably call for an appointment this week.

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:37 pm

braveheart wrote:Thanks for your reply!

Yes im still waiting for my letter of employment and i already did tell them bout the dates of my holiday and the day im going back to work.

I'll take your advice, Thanks alot again......

One more thing if do i need to photocopy all the documents im going to take with in interview? I'l probably call for an appointment this week.
You do not need to photocopy all your docs since they would be given back to you on the day of the interview but if you are worried :roll: , then make copies to rest your mind.

I think your documents are up to scratch and all things being equal (if there are no security issues and criminalility associated with you) you should get your visa.

All the best.
Praise The Lord!!!!

braveheart
Newly Registered

Post by braveheart » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:28 pm

You do not need to photocopy all your docs since they would be given back to you on the day of the interview but if you are worried :roll: , then make copies to rest your mind.

I think your documents are up to scratch and all things being equal (if there are no security issues and criminalility associated with you) you should get your visa.
Thanks Jes,

I called them late in the afternoon today and i had already book my appointment for an interview next month ( august 16,2007 late morning) and my final dates for our travel is sept 17,2007. So i can't book my flights till i have my passport back with me.

I just hope i will have my visa, im 'lil worried guys as im not a permanent resident here in UK as i hold FLR(m) which is 2 yrs and will be applying for my ILR jan 2009.

Is anyone here, in same position as me who had successfully got there B2-Visa? im a filipina married to a british guy.

Is the B2-visa is valid for 6 months or 10 yrs?

Well to fly for my interview is quite expensive as we go both to london, hope its not a waste.

Thanks again for the replies, i really appreciate it :D

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:28 pm

Braveheart wrote:
I just hope i will have my visa, im 'lil worried guys as im not a permanent resident here in UK as i hold FLR(m) which is 2 yrs and will be applying for my ILR jan 2009.
You are married to a Brit and currently live here permanently until you have your ILR. You should not be worried since there is nothing really to be worried about.

Have you been refused a US visa before? Do you have any criminal convictions? I see no reason why you should be worried.

Is anyone here, in same position as me who had successfully got there B2-Visa? im a filipina married to a british guy.
People's circumstances differ so do not worry and applications are judged on the merits of the documents provided and security issues. You do not have to worry. When I applied for my B1/B2 visa many years ago I was on a student visa and it did not really make much difference. Just chill out :roll:
Is the B2-visa is valid for 6 months or 10 yrs?
It all depends on you, the Officer and their current policy. They tend to issue 5 year visa's from London more than 10 years but who knows you might be lucky and get yourself a 10 year sticker or 6 months (which will accomplish your mission anyway :roll: ).

Stay blessed and enjoy yourself and stop worrying unncessarily.
:?
Bye.
Praise The Lord!!!!

braveheart
Newly Registered

Post by braveheart » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:20 pm

jes2jes wrote: You are married to a Brit and currently live here permanently until you have your ILR. You should not be worried since there is nothing really to be worried about.
Have you been refused a US visa before? Do you have any criminal convictions? I see no reason why you should be worried.
This will be my first time in applying visa for US.
People's circumstances differ so do not worry and applications are judged on the merits of the documents provided and security issues. You do not have to worry. When I applied for my B1/B2 visa many years ago I was on a student visa and it did not really make much difference. Just chill out :roll:
It all depends on you, the Officer and their current policy. They tend to issue 5 year visa's from London more than 10 years but who knows you might be lucky and get yourself a 10 year sticker or 6 months (which will accomplish your mission anyway :roll: ).

Thank you so much Jes for your encouragement!! It really helps me alot.... YOUR A STAR! :D

Anyways, i'll let you know guys for the outcome.

GOD bless you all.........

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:18 pm

braveheart wrote:
jes2jes wrote: You are married to a Brit and currently live here permanently until you have your ILR. You should not be worried since there is nothing really to be worried about.
This will be my first time in applying visa for US.

Thank you so much Jes for your encouragement!! It really helps me alot.... YOUR A STAR! :D

Anyways, i'll let you know guys for the outcome.

GOD bless you all.........
Braveheart:

I just remembered to check with you whether your visa application went alright and you have been able to visit your sister as posted.

All the best and let us know how your trip to the States went.
Praise The Lord!!!!