ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Surprise Visit on EEA 2 Application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

malku
Newly Registered

Immigration Surprise Visit on EEA 2 Application

Post by malku » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:49 pm

i have a quick question. i applied for eea2 residence card. yesterday immigration visited my home but my wife was not at home as she was at job. they asked me to show the posts on her name, plus they just ask one more lady at my home. then they asked me to show them her clothes. but unfortunately she gave her mostly clothes at laundry. but did not know. they doubted and asking me is she really live here, i told them yes. they check my mobile for photos. and they check my messages with my wife. at the end they looks they were not satisfied. i have not received any answer from ukba. can u tell me what will be possibly my application's result.

thanks
M

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Immigration Surprise Visit on EEA 2 Application

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:51 pm

What proof did you show them that your wife was living there with you?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

malku
Newly Registered

Post by malku » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:55 pm

Casa wrote:What proof did you show them that your wife was living there with you?
as she asked me first show any post on her name. i showed them. then they said you have any pix in ur mobile. i showed them then they saw my conversation with my wife. and also they confirm with another lady she lives here. she said yes.

but i am confused what they gonna do next..

malku
Newly Registered

Post by malku » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:30 pm

still waiting for ur responses... please help
thanks in advance

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:49 pm

No one can tell you what will happen next. They will either be satisfied that your wife is living with you or they will make further checks. If you are living together in a genuine relationship then you have nothing to worry about. Their suspicions may have been raised if all of your wife's clothes had been 'sent to the laundry' at the same time!
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:04 pm

It seems like that ukba still using their old method of surprisingly visiting the applicant's property for few cases along with their new method of calling the people to Liverpool for interview.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

natnat88
Newly Registered

Post by natnat88 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:21 am

Hi can someone help me? My husband holds EU passport and worked and lived in UK over 4 years, i was here almost 10, i applied for my EEA2 visa, and i got my documents with my visa back after 3 month, i never had a visit or interview. But last week after 3 month since i had my documents back, 2 immigration officers came to visit my home. We were not home, but my neighbour told me they came here. What can be the reason they showed up 3 month later after i was granted the visa? Will they come again, what can i expect?