ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ali1975

October-December 2013 statistics

Post by Ali1975 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:38 am

Home office published October-December 2013 immigration statistics today

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ember-2013

britbanker

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by britbanker » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:18 am

kusanagi wrote:Hi everyone. I am very new to this forum and need some help. I am 42 days short for completing my 10 years. I am on PSW visa now with dependants my wife and my 17 months old son. Someone please help me how to complete these 42 days or any suggestions. It will be very helpful.
Thanks in advance
Hi Kusanagi,

You are allowed to apply 28 days before your 10 year qualification period, so are you actually falling short by only 14 days (14+28 =42) or the full 42 days after counting your 28 day period?

Regardless, You may vary an undecided in-time valid application. What that means is that you may make a valid application for another visa using the proper form and pay the appropriate fees AND while that is being processed, once you are within your 28 day qualification period for the 10 year ILR... you can submit a completed and valid SET LR form and write to the Home Office asking them to vary the application to 10 year ILR and pay the full fee (you can ask for a re-imbursement for the first application once the SET LR is approved).

The reason why this is possible, is because a judge ruled that a valid application had been made (even if the applicant had no way of being approved) which therefore extended their leave under s.3C while the application was pending.

Please see - http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... ml#p231317

I hope this helps, I am not a legal professional but just sharing whatever knowledge I have gained during my immigration journey :)

Nik
Application sent: 19/09/2013
Biometrics: 21/10/2013
Approval Letter + Docs: 18/02/2014
BRP Received: 19/02/2014
Duration: 4.833 months
https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... 6R3aFEbvZw

britbanker

Re: Update on my application

Post by britbanker » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:27 am

Pete249 wrote:
Hi all. I rang UKVI to get progress on my application for ILR (LR) on their 0870 number and after 10 minutes wait, I was put through to an operator who took my reference number and ask me a few questions. I told her that I was calling to get an update on my application sent on 5/11/2013 and she told me a package was being sent out to me as we were talking (incidentally?!). She gave me tracking number which I recognised to be RM Special Delivery prepaid envelop I provided with my application.

I will update you tomorrow if I get the package or the day after if I need to collect it from my local RM delivery office. Looks like they have started dealing with November 2013 applications.

Shalom.
Thank you Pete, looking forward to your update today.

All the best!

Nik

britbanker

Post by britbanker » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:33 am

londonbd2013 wrote: This a wonderful forum & please keep it live forever. My special thanks to senior members SSWSZ, BRITBANKER (NIK, DUDE U R THE BEST), HARDIKJSH83.

SSWSZ, BRITBANKER, I may need your valuable suggestions regarding my wife application.I will ask for your help soon.
Could you please update on SKY DRIVE. My application time line as follows:

APPLICATION SENT : 17/10/2013
BIOMETRIC DONE : 21/11/2013
APPROVAL & BRP RECEIVE : 26/02/2014

Straight forward case.

Many thanks in advance
Thank for the kind words :) and I am very pleased that you have now received your freedom!

I think this board is a wonderful resource and has been a good source of knowledge and support for me during my immigration journey, and hence I think its only fair that I try and give back what people have given me!

I have never used a single solicitor for any of my applications over the last 10 years because of this board, you guys have saved me thousands of £££ :mrgreen:

Unfortunately, I am not very knowledgeable regarding the FLR(M) application as I am still young and single ha! (although my mum will soon change that if she gets her way) but I am sure some of the other members will be able to assist regarding your wife's application.

All the very best to you sir and I hope you enjoy your freedom!

Nik

keepwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by keepwaiting » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:36 am

Code: Select all

hi Nic, Thank you very much for your helpful advise.   

britbanker

Post by britbanker » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:44 am

yasin333 wrote:Hi All

My application has been refused. Im still in shock and am shaking

i will list out the reason and 'story' later on tonite
Hi Yasin,

I am very sorry to hear this, I have a knot in my stomach just reading this post.

Whenever you feel ready, it would be great to have a more detail about your refusal.

Do not lose hope, the Home Office may have made an error, see dypstar's case where the Home Office had made a clear error and withdrew the refusal and issued his approval within a few weeks!

We may be able to offer some help once we know more, but for now our thoughts and prayers are with you.

All the best..

Nik

necter03
Newly Registered

Post by necter03 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:56 am

By the grace of the almighty Allah, I have received my approval letter this morning. Approval date 26th of February.

pman25
Newly Registered

Post by pman25 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:01 am

Congratulations!!! The first November approval :)
necter03 wrote:By the grace of the almighty Allah, I have received my approval letter this morning. Approval date 26th of February.

necter03
Newly Registered

Post by necter03 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:11 am

Thanks pman25.

Staffs12

Post by Staffs12 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:33 am

necter03 wrote:By the grace of the almighty Allah, I have received my approval letter this morning. Approval date 26th of February.

Congrats boss you have started the ball rolling on November application

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:37 am

congrats

Staffs12

Re: Update on my application

Post by Staffs12 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:41 am

Pete249 wrote:
Pete249 wrote:Hi all,

The number I used to call the Home Office is their standard enquiry number which is 08706067766. Worth noting that at times the line can get busy and call ended before having the opportunity to be connected. You'll just have to try again.

Also, I meant to post under 10 years route but my post ended in the main forum.

Here's my post from this lunch time.

Dear all,

As posted on 13/11/2013, I applied for for ILR usinf SET(LR) form on 5/11/2013. My application was received and payment taken out my credit card on 7/11/2013 after which I received acknowledgement letter on 13/11/2013. I was expecting to receive biometric letter fairly soon afterwards as some people have received biometric enrolment letter after a week of payment clearing. However, this is where the shoe pinches.

I rang the UKBA on their 0870 number on 25/11 and 4/12/2013 to check on how soon I could get the afore-mentioned letter but to my surprise I was told that my application has not been uploaded on their system. On both occasions, I provided them with UKBA reference number provided on acknowledgement letter, Royal Mail Special delivery tracking number (which shows that my application was received on 6/11/2013), Date of birth, Nationality and even previous UKBA reference number but all to no avail. They could not confirm that my application has been received even when I told them that it surely must have been received for them to have taken the money from my credit card. Anyway, the officer I spoke to on 4/12/2013 eventually told me after more that 20 minutes on the phone and several times being put on hold to make checks; that they were dealing with August applications and that I should just wait as they guideline states that it takes up to 6 months for a decision to be made. I was confused and a bit upset but I had to let go as I needed to go to work. But after reflecting on the whole situation, I decided to call again yesterday and this time, I told the officer on the phone that I understood that they well publicised guide line says that decision is provided within months or what have you but my query was not about a decision being made on my case but rather that I found it strange that I made an application using the right form and sent it to the right address and subsequently had fee taken out and acknowledgement letter sent to me since 13/11/2013; only to be told that none of their own activities (fee taken and acknowledgement letter) could be found on their system. Again i provided the officer in a calm manner all the details including Royal Mail SD number. At the end he agreed that there was something amiss and took a contact number stating that he would raise a query with the correct department and that someone would be in touch with me with 48 hours to let me know what is happening with my application.

I received a call this morning form another UKBA Officer who was very apologetic and stated that my application has now been uploaded on their system and that a biometric enrolment has been sent to me this morning and that I should receive it within next few days. I asked what had happened and the Officer stated that it was something to do with change made from 28/10/2013 which has affected their internal processes... I'm not sure if I was much convinced but the main thing for me is that my application is at last uploaded on their system and the biometric letter is on its way to me. This is a big relief to me as I am expecting to go for a few job interviews and new employer would have to made checks with UKBA as my passport is not with me at the moment and imagine UKBA telling them that actually we cannot see anything on our system...

I thought I should share this with you in case others finds themselves in this awful situation.

PS: In my original post, I stated that I have been in the UK since June 2003. This is an error as I have been lawfully in the UK since June 2002.
Hi all. I rang UKVI to get progress on my application for ILR (LR) on their 0870 number and after 10 minutes wait, I was put through to an operator who took my reference number and ask me a few questions. I told her that I was calling to get an update on my application sent on 5/11/2013 and she told me a package was being sent out to me as we were talking (incidentally?!). She gave me tracking number which I recognised to be RM Special Delivery prepaid envelop I provided with my application.

I will update you tomorrow if I get the package or the day after if I need to collect it from my local RM delivery office. Looks like they have started dealing with November 2013 applications.

Shalom.[/quote]

Waiting for the good news ! Yes it look like the November applications has started we have one approval on the sky drive from Necter !

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:49 am

very sorry to know this. iam sure we have got such good people here they would be able to help you out !
can you please share the reason if possible
will remember you in my prayers

raaz0800
United Kingdom

Post by raaz0800 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:08 pm

Assslamoalikum
I have applied in November as well. My heart is praying for everyone. May Allah grant us this blessing. Counting every single mintue. Pray for me too. Insha Allah we will get good news.
Raaz

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:33 pm

raaz0800 wrote:Assslamoalikum
I have applied in November as well. My heart is praying for everyone. May Allah grant us this blessing. Counting every single mintue. Pray for me too. Insha Allah we will get good news.
Raaz
IA youb will get it soon . my prayers with every one please preay for me as well.
Applied in Jan

Umar09
Newly Registered

Post by Umar09 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:05 pm

britbanker wrote:
kusanagi wrote:Hi everyone. I am very new to this forum and need some help. I am 42 days short for completing my 10 years. I am on PSW visa now with dependants my wife and my 17 months old son. Someone please help me how to complete these 42 days or any suggestions. It will be very helpful.
Thanks in advance
Hi Kusanagi,

You are allowed to apply 28 days before your 10 year qualification period, so are you actually falling short by only 14 days (14+28 =42) or the full 42 days after counting your 28 day period?

Regardless, You may vary an undecided in-time valid application. What that means is that you may make a valid application for another visa using the proper form and pay the appropriate fees AND while that is being processed, once you are within your 28 day qualification period for the 10 year ILR... you can submit a completed and valid SET LR form and write to the Home Office asking them to vary the application to 10 year ILR and pay the full fee (you can ask for a re-imbursement for the first application once the SET LR is approved).

The reason why this is possible, is because a judge ruled that a valid application had been made (even if the applicant had no way of being approved) which therefore extended their leave under s.3C while the application was pending.

Please see - http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... ml#p231317

I hope this helps, I am not a legal professional but just sharing whatever knowledge I have gained during my immigration journey :)

Nik
Hi,
Totally agreed with britbanker (Nik). This opinion/suggestion will cost to Kusanagi but there is no risk and harm involved. Save your money as there is no need to go to any legal/immigration adviser, just follow britbanker (Nik) advice.

faisal270
Newly Registered

Post by faisal270 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:52 pm

Hi,

I have a question for seniors. One of my friend applied ILR on ten years basis but granted a two years discretionary leave. My question is "Can he apply for ILR at the end of discretionary leave"??

Please give your thoughts ??

shafmar

Post by shafmar » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:21 pm

Hi. Faisal!

Why was your friend given discretionary leave when he had applied for ILR?

tulib143
Newly Registered

Post by tulib143 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:10 pm

Hi mate.....lovely to hear that.although u gave heart attack. Because now it's my time.pray for me.tulib143

sabidh12

Post by sabidh12 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:21 pm

Dear senior members, i have got my ilr through 10 years route. My spouse has been my pbs dependent before 2012 and old rules apply to her. Now the problem is that how can i provide payslips to fulfill the maintenance requirement for her flrm as i m doing private hire and i don't receive any payslip. Also money is not going in regular intervals in my bank account. Please i need your advice.

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:21 pm

Hello Yasin !

Sorry to hear this that your application been refused ....if you dont mind would you share the reason and about your 10 years history please ! ...or in private message if you don't want to share open on the forum ....

May Allah Bless you !

Thanks

faisal270
Newly Registered

Post by faisal270 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:10 pm

shafmar wrote:Hi. Faisal!

Actually he had some issue with continues stay, last year of ten year stay was mostly in appeal etc and he was bit short of ten yrs , more than 28 days . I guess meeting all other criteria's met , UKBA did not find it appropriate to refuse his ILR application and granted him 2 yrs discretionary leave. Now he is not sure what will happen after two years.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:27 pm

After two years he can apply for ILR .as long as he fulfill all the points that mention in this further leave .

faisal270 wrote:
shafmar wrote:Hi. Faisal!

Actually he had some issue with continues stay, last year of ten year stay was mostly in appeal etc and he was bit short of ten yrs , more than 28 days . I guess meeting all other criteria's met , UKBA did not find it appropriate to refuse his ILR application and granted him 2 yrs discretionary leave. Now he is not sure what will happen after two years.
ss

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:14 pm

The things u need is

1 hmrc letter that you are paying tax and your unique ref number
2 ur driving license
3 yours accountant letter mentioning how much is your annual income after tax
4 contract with the company your doing work .something they prove that your doing work for them and that company is registered
This is all the things our case worker suggest but at the end as I came under old rules and also I am showing employment so they don't want it .

sabidh12 wrote:Dear senior members, i have got my ilr through 10 years route. My spouse has been my pbs dependent before 2012 and old rules apply to her. Now the problem is that how can i provide payslips to fulfill the maintenance requirement for her flrm as i m doing private hire and i don't receive any payslip. Also money is not going in regular intervals in my bank account. Please i need your advice.
ss

kusanagi
Newly Registered

Post by kusanagi » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:51 pm

Hi britbanker. Thank you so much for your detailed answer.
My wife and son's visa expire at the same time, so when I applied for my ILR, which application form I will use for them. Also can my wife qualifies for ILR as well. She has been living with me on dependant visa for 3 and half years. What about my son who born here in 2012. Please reply.

Thanks