ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test studying/practice

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrdgps357
Newly Registered

Life in the UK test studying/practice

Post by mrdgps357 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:10 pm

Hi all, as we know we now have to take the ESOL test as well as pass the Life in the UK test. I have my test booked really soon an I have little time to improve my scores. I am very nervous about doing the test because I have been practicing online using http://ilrtest.com and i have been getting 14-15/24 only passing every 5th test. I think this is putting even more pressure on me. The questions are really tricky I would say. I also have my ESOL exam so I have little time to revise for both, and the fact that I only have 2 tries to pass ( due to visa expiry ) makes it even harder for me. Can anyone who has done the test leave some feedback on how hard the test actually is compared to the practice tests and any advice is appreciated guys.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: Life in the UK test studying/practice

Post by Zee ali » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:37 am

mrdgps357 wrote:Hi all, as we know we now have to take the ESOL test as well as pass the Life in the UK test. I have my test booked really soon an I have little time to improve my scores. I am very nervous about doing the test because I have been practicing online using http://ilrtest.com and i have been getting 14-15/24 only passing every 5th test. I think this is putting even more pressure on me. The questions are really tricky I would say. I also have my ESOL exam so I have little time to revise for both, and the fact that I only have 2 tries to pass ( due to visa expiry ) makes it even harder for me. Can anyone who has done the test leave some feedback on how hard the test actually is compared to the practice tests and any advice is appreciated guys.
Hi

U will not pass the test until u read Life in the uk Official book (3rd Edition). I borrowed one from local library. U can also buy this book from WHsmith.

Also download life in the uk Official test app on your i phone or Android for free than buy the full version for 1.50 pound. Believe me it was very helpful for me. In the app they have more than 1000 practice question and also flash cards of every chapter. So u can revise all chapters on the Go.

Actual test is not difficult for me at all. i finish my test in 3 mins and was out within 5 minutes. :D

First read the book by chapter to chapter and attempt practice question from app.

Read the history chapter like a story book. More focus on Kings like King Henry 8. Because he got 6 wives. And he was the father of Elizabeth 1.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Universal soldier
BANNED

Re: Life in the UK test studying/practice

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:42 pm

If you do practice from the TSO shop life in uk test book then i am sure you will pass the test in first shot. You can do practice as much as you want on different websites but the latest office book practice tests will make you more stronger for test. Mostly well prepared applicants find the actual test more easy than practice :D .