ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English requirement for BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hsmp0804

English requirement for BC

Post by hsmp0804 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:36 pm

Hi,
I am going to apply for BC for myself and my wife. We both hold ILR for 1 year and my previously I was holding Tier-1(General) visa and HSMP prior to that. My question is

1) For english requirement, I have old expired IELTS certification passed in 2007 with overall results 7. Obviously its expired now. Would that be good enough for english requirement fulfilment?

2) My wife has done Bachlor of computer application(BCA, 3 years) and then Masters of computer application (MCA , 3 years) from India. Her visa status was Tier-1 (Dependent) prior to ILR.
a) Her MCA certificate mentions: "Medium of Examination : English". Would this be enough to prove that the degree was taught in English?
b) Her masters degree is in the list of PBS calculator. Does it still has to be confirmed by UK NARIC as the equivalent of UK master's degree?

c) If answer to a) and b) is yes, would these two proofs be enough for her for her english language requirement?

Thanks in advance.

hsmp0804

Re: English requirement for BC

Post by hsmp0804 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:48 pm

Gurus any comments please?

hsmp0804

Re: English requirement for BC

Post by hsmp0804 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:09 am

No replies so far...any comments please?