ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement form (o) - previous earnings

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

StateExpress
Newly Registered

Settlement form (o) - previous earnings

Post by StateExpress » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:22 am

Hi all,

With regards to claiming points for previous earnings, is it acceptable to claim points for only a 9 months period if i can meet the required salary threshold? Or should i still be claiming for a 12 months period regardless?

The issue is i recently switched job and only have my p45 which covers a 9 months period (and my previous employer will not be sending retrospective payslips!)

Thanks!

Nick

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Settlement form (o) - previous earnings

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:55 am

StateExpress wrote:Hi all,

With regards to claiming points for previous earnings, is it acceptable to claim points for only a 9 months period if i can meet the required salary threshold? Or should i still be claiming for a 12 months period regardless?

The issue is i recently switched job and only have my p45 which covers a 9 months period (and my previous employer will not be sending retrospective payslips!)

Thanks!

Nick
Long as you manage to score the necessary points (even if that means u earned that in a month!), you are fine to include 9 months of employment in past 15. Personally, I am using 11 months from my previous employer + a month from current. Though I have all the previous payslips well as one from new employment.

On a separate note, were not issued with Payslips for those 9 months? I dont think you are able to use P45 as an evidence of earning.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

StateExpress
Newly Registered

Post by StateExpress » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:03 pm

Thanks for the response. I thought p60s or p45s are acceptable evidence (along with bank statements)?

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:08 pm

StateExpress wrote:Thanks for the response. I thought p60s or p45s are acceptable evidence (along with bank statements)?
P60 are used to prove that you are economically active and for my life i can not remember hearing on this forum that someone has used P45 to prove the earnings along with bank statements. Sorry if that comes as a disappointing news but I could be wrong. You might want to wait until someone more senior reads this.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

StateExpress
Newly Registered

Post by StateExpress » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:26 pm

Section 9 of the settlement form (o) ref A.8 states that official tax docs can be used as evidence which presumably implies p45/60?

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:06 am

StateExpress wrote:Section 9 of the settlement form (o) ref A.8 states that official tax docs can be used as evidence which presumably implies p45/60?
Noted but as I said, I am yet to hear anyone who has done so (at least on this forum). Reading that religiously makes me believe that it is acceptable but on other hand, it is more trouble for the CW (not that we dont pay enough for their troubles!!!) having to add up all your salaries and tie that to your P45 which is open to human error! Are you not able to get any payslips from your previous employer? Did they never issue you with one?

fn286

Post by fn286 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:08 am

Dera Stateexpress and others...

Please note p45 is not acceptable as proof of earnings... p60 can be used but not preferred to be used instead of salary slips and could liekly trigger attacking questions from CW...

Usually p60 is attached along with salary slips and bank statement as an additional evidence... however main thing is p60 and salary slip must match with tax records with HMRC..

P45 is not required at all but there is no harm in providing...but again its better not to provide unnecessary docs...

Thanks.