ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SOC Code & Salary Calculations..Urgent Help!!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shatilarahman
Newly Registered

SOC Code & Salary Calculations..Urgent Help!!!

Post by shatilarahman » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:33 pm

Hello Everyone,

My appointment is on this Saturday and I need urgent help with my SOC

My current salary is £30,000/year and my job title is IT support analyst.
I can't find a suitable SOC code for my role.
Can some one help please?
I am also confused about how to calculate the followings:

Current rate of Pay (as stated in the Codes of Practice– hourly rate or annual salary)

Current rate of Pay (as stated in the Codes of Practice Per annum– hourly rate or annual salary)

Number of hours this salary is based on

I would really appreciate your kind help

Many thanks,

Shatila

dk2011

Re: SOC Code & Salary Calculations..Urgent Help!!!

Post by dk2011 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:45 am

Job title isn't important . You need to choose a SOC code that best describes your job . Also , it is for tier 2 route only and your employer should provide you all required information in this section.
Check if below suits you ?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SOC 2010 Description 2139 Information technology and telecommunications Example job tasks:  undertakes the testing of software, systems or computer games for errors, identifies source of problems and proposes solutions;  develops, implements and documents test plans for IT software, systems and computer games;  develops quality standards and validation techniques;  makes recommendations concerning software/system quality;  examines IT system for potential threats to its security and integrity and draws up plans for disaster recovery if security is compromised;  deals with and reports on breaches in security. Related job titles:  IT consultant  Quality analyst (computing)  Software tester  Systems tester (computing)  Telecommunications planner Salary rates: New entrant: £20,300* / Experienced: £28,400 [Source: Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings 2011] *
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------