ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring a family visitor

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jomaps
Newly Registered

Sponsoring a family visitor

Post by jomaps » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:01 pm

Hi,

I would like to invite my son to visit us (me, sibling and step-dad) this April for 3 weeks. I have previously applied for the same and he has been turned down as they felt he had nothing tying him down back home. We are due to attend a settlement appeal hearing later this year on his behalf. I feel there is enough grounds for him to go back home after his visit ends as I would not like to jeopardise his appeal outcome in later this year. I am also due to renew my discretionary leave to remain in June 2014. I would like to know if I can sponsor his visit (my husband is a British Citizen and so is my daughter) even though my visa expires soon. Also are these sufficient grounds to present to the British visa department affirming that my son will definitely be going back home after his visit?

shargaur

Re: Sponsoring a family visitor

Post by shargaur » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:08 pm

sorry but I have to be very honest in my opinion. First of all, you have to find out the reason for first rejection. All subsequent applications will have a tag attached that it was rejected earlier because of a certain reason.

Now, you have to prove that he has sufficient reason to go back. Why he coming here? If he has to go back, why he has to go back - education, job, family.

jomaps
Newly Registered

Post by jomaps » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:39 pm

Thanks for the response.

The reasons were they did not feel he had anything or anyone to go back to in Kenya. He has to go back because for one we have his appeal hearing in July and would not jeopardise that, two - my discretionary leave to remain expires in june and so by not letting him go back then this would cause me some problems too, three - he is due to sit his national exam in November so would not want to mess this up too. Your thoughts?

shargaur

Post by shargaur » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:07 pm

Hi jomaps,

I have guessed the reasons.

He has to go back because for one we have his appeal hearing in July and would not jeopardise that ( if I look from UKBA prospective, why he need to be here when his appeal hearing is in july. He can wait some time)

two - my discretionary leave to remain expires in june and so by not letting him go back then this would cause me some problems too, ( I don't see any problem it will cause to you. Your leave to remain is your individual matter and it will be sorted out on proof's you will provide) from ukba prospective - what if he is lost in this country? What if he comes and you loose contact with him? How will ukba track him.

three - he is due to sit his national exam in November so would not want to mess this up too. Valid reason but not strong enough to be here. UKBA prospective - once he in this country, he can extend his stay and continue his education.

Sorry but reason has to be valid. My sister came last year and we had presented solid reasons that her son is there, she got full time job so she has to go back. Her visa process was very straight forward.

jomaps
Newly Registered

Post by jomaps » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:14 pm

Thanks.

Those are my pure and sincere reasons for having him over and definitely letting him go back. What do you reckon I should go about it? Am lost and confused. Also as I have discretionary leave to remain does this mean I cannot sponsor his visit too? Am I a settled person?