ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rockefeller
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Rockefeller » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:28 pm

Hi Amjad
Have you tried putting a complaint about the continue delay in deciding your application. You can also try to involve your MP and the Ombudsman. If all these did not work try JR to get them decide your case. This is unacceptable. Do something bruv.
Best of luck mate
amjadleeds wrote:
sumbal wrote:By the Grace of Allah I got a call from my Solicitor that he recieved my documents and BRP .
My last visa was refused and I appealed and after completing my 10 years my Solicitor withdrawn the appeal and Lodged a new ILR 10 years application.which is now been granted.
My time Line is as follows
Applied on 25-oct-2010
Acknowledgement 11-11-2013
Biometric letter and done on 3-12-2013
ILR received 27-feb-2014

Thanks a lot to Allah Almighty and all who ever contributed on this forum .
I will pray for all those who r still waiting . If anybody needs any information plz ask me thanks

Hi Sumbal

Congratulation on independent I am waiting from OCt 2012 by looking your case after long wait you have got positive response, which increase my courage too, Please if you can share when you actually applied ILR application, is it OCT 2010.
Best wishes
Regards
Amjad leeds

Pete249
Newly Registered

Re: Update on my application

Post by Pete249 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:32 pm

Pete249 wrote:Hi all. I rang UKVI to get progress on my application for ILR (LR) on their 0870 number and after 10 minutes wait, I was put through to an operator who took my reference number and ask me a few questions. I told her that I was calling to get an update on my application sent on 5/11/2013 and she told me a package was being sent out to me as we were talking (incidentally?!). She gave me tracking number which I recognised to be RM Special Delivery prepaid envelop I provided with my application.

I will update you tomorrow if I get the package or the day after if I need to collect it from my local RM delivery office. Looks like they have started dealing with November 2013 applications.

Shalom.
Hi all,
May God bless you all. Congratulations to those who have received their ILR, patience to those still waiting and strong heart to those who have been declined. The fight continues.

This is the update.
My wife took receipt of RM Special delivery package this lunch time as she was coming from a dental appointment. Approval letter (5 pages in total) + all document submitted were returned to me.

I guess DX turned up when wife was at dentist. They left card. I will be arranging redelivery for Monday 3/5/2014.

Application sent: 05/11/2013
Biometrics: 14/12/2013
Approval Letter + Docs: 27/02/2014 (dated 25/2/2014)
BRP Received: 27/02/2014 (missed delivery by DX) rearranged for 3/5/2014
Duration: 3 months 22 days
Time line: 7.6 years student; 2 years PSW then EEA family member since 08/2011

Please update Skydrive for me.[/quote]

Latest update.
I rang DX to rearrange delivery to work address and realised I could collect from one of their Depot in London. I arrange to collect my bio card from their Brent Cross depot which is close to my work place.

BRP Received: 27/02/2014 (missed delivery by DX). Collected in person from their depot on 28/2/2014

God bless you all.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:01 pm

yasin333 wrote:Hi Everyone

As i said yesterday i got refused for my ilr. Please find the reason below. Extract taken from refusal letter:

With this in mind, you were without valid leave from 17 February until 31 May 2007, a period of approximately 104 days. As such your period of continuous lawful residence is considered to have been broken at this point.

Therefore you cannot demonstrate 10 years continuous lawful residence in the Uk and cannot meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules with reference to Paragraph 276 B(i)(a)

in May 2013"[/color]

On the Sar, all the applications showed as on-time but now they are saying 'erroneous note' on their system

Questions:

1.Im not happy with my solicitor, should i change solicitor for my appeal?, i aint got much time....The reason im saying this is because i only got 10 days to send the appeals form with skeleton argument and representatives name
2. It was made clear on the refusal letter ive got 'no human rights' .But i know the new discretionary leave applies to spouse where she cant go back to my country. She cant speak the langauge there, and i cant speak her language in her country(Shes from south asian country). Would that qualify as discretionary leave?
3. If i get the Sar tomorrow and i find '31 days' is wrong should i get a reconsideration side by side with appeal?
4. Also that period was very distressful for me, as my gf was getting immigrations issues and was getting deported, she got proof of that,

Please help me
Hi Yasin,

I very sorry to hear. But donot worry and Please be Patience.

Please verify the SET(LR) guidance Page 20-21 and I have pasted below as well.

However Out of time applications will only effect when applied after 28 days expiry from July 2012.

Reference to LR- Guidance(Page 20-21)
Out of time applications made before 9 July 2012
Out of time applications can qualify for a grant of ILR, providing the applicant has:
previously built up an unbroken 10 year period of continuous lawful residence in the UK before their leave expired, and meets all the other criteria of the 10 year long residence rules.
If the applicant does not meet the above conditions, you must refuse their application.
Out of time applications made on or after 9 July 2012
Applicants for an extension of stay or ILR must not have The threshold for what overstayed by more than 28 days on the date of application.

And Ofourse you can always change solicitors if you are not happy.

I pray, Allah give you patience and find you easy way. Do not loose Hopes.

Hope this helps ....Other Gurus or experts please shed light on above.

true_liez
Newly Registered

Post by true_liez » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:29 pm

hi! i am one of the silent readers on this forum. i had applied for ILR on 28/01/2014 and biometric done on 19/02/2014. Once in 2007 my visa had expired on 31/07/2007 and applied for Flr (student visa) on 3rd august, 2007. I subsequently got the visa on 28/07/2007.

My question is if it will affect my ILR as i had sent out-of-time application by 3 days. Does somebody here knows abt someone who was granted ILR (even after out-of-time application).

Please help. I am so worried now.

P.s: i am on tier-1 dependent visa which is expiry on 04/01/2016.

true_liez

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:45 pm

No because it wit in 28 days limits .don't worry you will be fine .

true_liez wrote:hi! i am one of the silent readers on this forum. i had applied for ILR on 28/01/2014 and biometric done on 19/02/2014. Once in 2007 my visa had expired on 31/07/2007 and applied for Flr (student visa) on 3rd august, 2007. I subsequently got the visa on 28/07/2007.

My question is if it will affect my ILR as i had sent out-of-time application by 3 days. Does somebody here knows abt someone who was granted ILR (even after out-of-time application).

Please help. I am so worried now.

P.s: i am on tier-1 dependent visa which is expiry on 04/01/2016.

true_liez
ss

true_liez
Newly Registered

Post by true_liez » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:54 pm

thankyou sswz. But what is your take on this.

Out of time applications can qualify for a grant of ILR, providing the applicant has:
previously built up an unbroken 10 year period of continuous lawful residence in the UK before their leave expired, and meets all the other criteria of the 10 year long residence rules.
If the applicant does not meet the above conditions, you must refuse their application.
Applicants for an extension of stay or ILR must not have The threshold for what overstayed by more than 28 days on the date of application.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:54 pm

I am not sure but I am guessing if you read the Yasin 33 case ho says your app is out of time as it's sent 31 days after the rejection so what I guess is they are giving margin of 28 days .plz don't worry you will get visa .always think positive

true_liez wrote:thankyou sswz. But what is your take on this.

ss

sumbal
Newly Registered

Post by sumbal » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:05 pm

Hi all
For all who r waiting more then 6 months I suggest that call them and try to write them not only yourself but by your solicitor and mp as well ... Very sorry for this typing mistake as I applied first student visa in April 2012 which they refused within a month and sent me a refusal in May , I lodged an appeal against their decision and in the mean time my 10 year completed while I was waiting for the hearing my solicitor withdrew the appeal and applied for ILR 10 years long residence that I subsequently got on 27 feb 2014...
I will suggest for all of you keep courage and keep fighting ... It's not far now you had almost made it so give it a last push and all will b well ... Thanks

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:09 pm

true_liez wrote:thankyou sswz. But what is your take on this.

U r safe bro check this link and see Q and A long residence
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

masud0174

Post by masud0174 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:19 pm

:x
I have not received my BRP Yet !
Home Office said follow the steps according to your letter. Day before yesterday, i have spoken with HO, they said it has not been sent out yet ! Solicitor said Wait ! Sometimes it takes longer ! Already 9 working days has passed !

No Idea what should i do :x :x :x :x
FLR M OR FLR O

yasin333
Newly Registered

Post by yasin333 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:55 pm

yasin333 wrote:
Hi Everyone

As i said yesterday i got refused for my ilr. Please find the reason below. Extract taken from refusal letter:

With this in mind, you were without valid leave from 17 February until 31 May 2007, a period of approximately 104 days. As such your period of continuous lawful residence is considered to have been broken at this point.

Therefore you cannot demonstrate 10 years continuous lawful residence in the Uk and cannot meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules with reference to Paragraph 276 B(i)(a)

in May 2013"[/color]

On the Sar, all the applications showed as on-time but now they are saying 'erroneous note' on their system

Questions:

1.Im not happy with my solicitor, should i change solicitor for my appeal?, i aint got much time....The reason im saying this is because i only got 10 days to send the appeals form with skeleton argument and representatives name
2. It was made clear on the refusal letter ive got 'no human rights' .But i know the new discretionary leave applies to spouse where she cant go back to my country. She cant speak the langauge there, and i cant speak her language in her country(Shes from south asian country). Would that qualify as discretionary leave?
3. If i get the Sar tomorrow and i find '31 days' is wrong should i get a reconsideration side by side with appeal?
4. Also that period was very distressful for me, as my gf was getting immigrations issues and was getting deported, she got proof of that,

Please help me

Hi Yasin,

However Out of time applications will only effect when applied after 28 days expiry from July 2012.

Hi would anyone know if that applies in my case?

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:10 pm

I really feel sorry for you but unfortunately I have no knowledge of this so can't help you but I am praying to Allah that HE will solve your problem and show you the path which will give you success

yasin333 wrote:yasin333 wrote:
Hi Everyone

in May 2013"[/color]

Questions:

Please help me

Hi Yasin,

Hi would anyone know if that applies in my case?
ss

shafmar

Post by shafmar » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:13 pm

Hi Yaseen ,
Sorry about your application . My understanding is that it's one of home office blunders regards to your decision. If u were out of time in any part of your legal stay., you technically would have been illegal and being illegal you cannot apply for an extention on any catogory other than asylum .

So I suggest you speak to a criminal lawyer and go for a judicial review. It may overturn your decision.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Re: Update on my application

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:02 am

Hi, I am exactly in the same scenario as you have been, Student then psw then EEA2 Residence Card.

Could you advise me that what documents did you sent. It would be great help.
I mean do you need to submit your wife's documents as well?

Regards,

Pete249 wrote:
Pete249 wrote:Hi all. I rang UKVI to get progress on my application for ILR (LR) on their 0870 number and after 10 minutes wait, I was put through to an operator who took my reference number and ask me a few questions. I told her that I was calling to get an update on my application sent on 5/11/2013 and she told me a package was being sent out to me as we were talking (incidentally?!). She gave me tracking number which I recognised to be RM Special Delivery prepaid envelop I provided with my application.

I will update you tomorrow if I get the package or the day after if I need to collect it from my local RM delivery office. Looks like they have started dealing with November 2013 applications.

Shalom.
Hi all,
May God bless you all. Congratulations to those who have received their ILR, patience to those still waiting and strong heart to those who have been declined. The fight continues.

This is the update.
My wife took receipt of RM Special delivery package this lunch time as she was coming from a dental appointment. Approval letter (5 pages in total) + all document submitted were returned to me.

I guess DX turned up when wife was at dentist. They left card. I will be arranging redelivery for Monday 3/5/2014.

BRP Received: 27/02/2014 (missed delivery by DX) rearranged for 3/5/2014

Please update Skydrive for me.

Latest update.
I rang DX to rearrange delivery to work address and realised I could collect from one of their Depot in London. I arrange to collect my bio card from their Brent Cross depot which is close to my work place.

BRP Received: 27/02/2014 (missed delivery by DX). Collected in person from their depot on 28/2/2014

God bless you all.[/quote]

Pete249
Newly Registered

Post by Pete249 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:27 am

Hi mate,

No I did not submit wife's document as they have it already on their record.

I only submitted Joint bank account statement, joint tenancy agreement and joint council tax bill along with my own documents.

It is worth mentioning that I waisted more than 3 months gathering information (previous GP etc.) whereas I did not need to as I had all my previous passports and corresponding stamps. I only realised I did not need to send this additional information after I had sent my application.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Pete249

tulib143
Newly Registered

Post by tulib143 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:50 am

Hi folks .... Very happy today I have got my ilr approved. Waiting for brp. Will get on Monday. Just let everybody that I have sent my application 11/11/2013.Thank you for ur support and valuable advise.Allah will help everybody.
Tulib143

raaz0800
United Kingdom

Post by raaz0800 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:23 am

tulib143 wrote:Hi folks .... Very happy today I have got my ilr approved. Waiting for brp. Will get on Monday. Just let everybody that I have sent my application 11/11/2013.Thank you for ur support and valuable advise.Allah will help everybody.
Tulib143
Congratulations brother
I rang home office yesterday lady said my case has not been assigned to case worker. She didn't have the updates either which month applicants home offices is dealing with. Please remember me in you prayers.
Enjoy your freedom.
Raaz
Please let us know how you completed ten years

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:28 am

tulib143 wrote:Hi folks .... Very happy today I have got my ilr approved. Waiting for brp. Will get on Monday. Just let everybody that I have sent my application 11/11/2013.Thank you for ur support and valuable advise.Allah will help everybody.
Tulib143

Congrats Mate, Very happy for you. Looks like HO is processing MID NOV applications right now. This is a good news for us JAN applicants. Very happy that you got your freedom.
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:54 am

Tulib143
Many congrates and happy indepence day.
Sounds like speed up process.. :)
Let us know if u did speed up/ ur case info which myt helps.. Hope every one receives quickly as well..

xincognito
Newly Registered

Post by xincognito » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:34 pm

KashRIz wrote:
Tulib143

Congrats Mate, Very happy for you. Looks like HO is processing MID NOV applications right now. This is a good news for us JAN applicants. Very happy that you got your freedom.
It'd be really great if we get it before Easter ! :)

ctrl_d
Newly Registered

Post by ctrl_d » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:31 pm

Many thanks to people on this forum and everyone here. I've been a silent reader for a while now, especially on this thread.

I do have a quick question, I'd be grateful to anyone with experience who can guide me here.

I was on Tier 1 (General) and my wife was also on Tier 1 (General, Partner) visa. I applied to ILR under the 10 year rule which was recently granted. (Currently awaiting my biometric document).

What is the status of my Wife now? Both our Tier 1 visas were suppose to expire in June 2014. Does my recently granted ILR now invalidate her visa? Or does she have until the expiry date on her biometric document to change her status to ‘partner of someone settled in the UK’ status?

Kind regards and thanks in advance,

ctrl_d

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:50 pm

Her visa remain valid till the date of expiry .you have to apply for flr(m) in June for your wife

ctrl_d wrote:Many thanks to people on this forum and everyone here. I've been a silent reader for a while now, especially on this thread.

I do have a quick question, I'd be grateful to anyone with experience who can guide me here.

I was on Tier 1 (General) and my wife was also on Tier 1 (General, Partner) visa. I applied to ILR under the 10 year rule which was recently granted. (Currently awaiting my biometric document).

What is the status of my Wife now? Both our Tier 1 visas were suppose to expire in June 2014. Does my recently granted ILR now invalidate her visa? Or does she have until the expiry date on her biometric document to change her status to ‘partner of someone settled in the UK’ status?

ctrl_d
ss

Freeman78

Post by Freeman78 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:48 pm

Incorrect Info. !!!!! She needs to apply FlRM within 28 days after the approval of the main applicant.
SSWSZ wrote:Her visa remain valid till the date of expiry .you have to apply for flr(m) in June for your wife

ctrl_d wrote:Many thanks to people on this forum and everyone here. I've been a silent reader for a while now, especially on this thread.

ctrl_d

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:57 pm

Freeman78 wrote:Incorrect Info. !!!!! She needs to apply FlRM within 28 days after the approval of the main applicant.
SSWSZ wrote:Her visa remain valid till the date of expiry .you have to apply for flr(m) in June for your wife

ctrl_d

Correct - you have to apply straight away. She was your partner on tier 1 general and her visa was valid until your visa validity (tier 1 general) when you get ILR Meaning HO removed your tier 1 general from that date. And your wife's visa would have been revoked too.

I suggest to apply FLR(m) straight away. :)

ctrl_d
Newly Registered

Post by ctrl_d » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:29 pm

Freeman78 wrote:Incorrect Info. !!!!! She needs to apply FlRM within 28 days after the approval of the main applicant.

ctrl_d

Many thanks for your replies, highly appreciated and I'll keep you posted of what we do and the outcome. I've emailed the HO and also plan to call them first thing on Monday. From what I can understand, FLR(m) requires the life in the UK test. Which I've booked for her and would take 11 days for the earliest booking. (My visa was granted on the 26th of Feb and got the letter today, which means I've lost 3 days already) Assuming she passes on her first attempt, it will be at least 14 days since I was granted my ILR.

I just contact an immigration lawyer who gave me a completely different answer: He said that she has to apply 28 days before her current tier 1 general partner visa expires. He also said that if I can prove our relationship for 5 years or more, we can apply for settlement immediately.

From all the answers I've had so far Freeman78's answer seems to be the likeliest, I just hope/pray it's 28 days (or more) and not 14 or 7.