ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) expiration: which visa do I need next?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shhh
Newly Registered

FLR(M) expiration: which visa do I need next?

Post by shhh » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:43 pm

I'm confused! I'm on the FLR(M) visa, the spouse of a British citizen. I work permanent/full time. We don't have any children. I entered the UK on Tier-1 in 2009. I need to renew my visa, but I'm not sure which one I need. We're staying in the UK for another 5-10 years, so the FLR(FP) seems right, rather than SET(M), but I'm not sure. Which do I need?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) expiration: which visa do I need next?

Post by Amber » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:47 pm

If you've spent two years on FLR(M) then it's SET(M). Look at yourself staying in the UK permanently rather than for a fixed period. When you've settled you can, at first sight, apply for citizenship (to naturalise).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

shhh
Newly Registered

Post by shhh » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:58 pm

Okay! SET(M) is way more expensive than FLR(FP), but it's better in the long run? Also, I'm an American citizen and don't ever see myself needing to naturalise...

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:48 pm

You should naturalise as you're allowed dual citizenship, settlement expires if you leave the UK for more than two years, citizenship doesn't. I'd get it whilst you can.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.